Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
#205811 01/25/06 06:57 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Granted, someone does. In Hungarian. Now all you have to do is learn the language so that you can read it.

I wish the Greek Ministry of Education would decide that Advanced Mathematics are not an obligatory subject for those following the Science career track.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#205812 01/26/06 04:54 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Granted! However, they've replaced it with Advanced Basket Weaving that literally bores you to tears!

(Wow, this is fun.)

I wish to find a well-paying job in customer service close to home.

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#205813 01/26/06 05:38 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Granted! Now your job is *in* your home - no commute time whatsoever and they pay you bucket-loads! Too bad the customers won't leave, and they're starting to get a bit volatile, too.

I wish I was still a whiz at math.

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#205814 01/26/06 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, you now are a whiz at math. You become an advanced physics student, then the greatest scientist in the world leading to envious scientists assassinating you because they're jealous of your work.

I wish I could live in the Superverse.....

#205815 01/26/06 04:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted! You now live in Metropolis. Right next door to Jimmy Olsen, as a matter of fact. You even get to see Superman on a fairly regular basis. Of course, as a more-or-less ordinary citizen of the city, you have no idea that Clark Kent is Superman. You also have no idea that your role in life has now been defined as "Citizen in Distress #3."

When a supervillain goes crashing around town, guess whose apartment gets smashed to dust?

When Mayson's car explodes, guess whose car is parked right next to it?

When the evil hypnotist decides to gather up a few unknowing patsies to become his mindless gun-toting slaves, guess who gets pulled off the street and brainwashed?

When aliens invade the city and start looking for hostages, guess who gets tied up, staked out, smacked around, and/or almost vaporized?

When the bad guys cause yet another blackout... you get the idea.

This sort of stuff happens to you on a weekly basis, to the point that you're constantly worried about what will happen next. You're afraid to leave your building in case, for example, a certain silver Jeep with the brakelines cut (again) should just happen to round the corner and crash into you (not killing you, but putting you in the hospital for another few weeks). On the other hand, you're afraid to stay indoors because who knows what's going to fall out of the sky (and through your window) this time?

But hey, at least Superman is starting to recognize you. Not that he's ever that happy to see you. Somehow, he realizes that just being within a one block radius of you is a recipe for disaster.

I wish that all spam emails would automatically bounce back to the orginal sender, along with five copies of the "delivery failure" notice.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#205816 01/26/06 05:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, however due to a minor technical flaw, every e-mail you send is considered spam.

By the way, that was hilarious what you did with my last wish. Let's see if you can do even better this time....

I wish I could read minds....

#205817 01/26/06 10:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted! You can! At first, you can only get bits and pieces, more confusing then helpful. Then you get better at it, and you start to hear whole thoughts.

Unfortunately, the thoughts you hear are the ones directed at you -- many of which make you feel self-conscious.

With practice, your power grows even more, and soon you start hearing so many thoughts (most of them inane) that you're no longer sure which ones are yours. This starts to drive you nuts, but it doesn't stop there. Your power continues to grow until your head is so filled with the thoughts of others that you can hardly think at all.

Desperate, you move to a remote location, limiting your contact with the rest of the human race to the internet... Where you find that the difference between hearing the thoughts behind the words and being able to see nothing but plain text without even facial expressions or intonation to go with them makes it almost impossible for you to correctly understand what anyone means.

You go around misinterpreting everyone, which gets you ostracized from the online community in general... Leaving you a choice between going mad hearing everyone's thoughts or living out the rest of your days in complete isolation.

I wish I had a Smile Time Angel of my very own.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#205818 01/27/06 12:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Granted. But the first night it's there, your house gets burglarized and they take it. Plus every other remotely valuable thing you own. Tough luck.

I wish I could teleport anywhere I wanted anytime I wanted.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#205819 01/27/06 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, but your atoms don't always come together properly on the other side and you end up dead because of it.......

I wish for a one off final episode of Angel that left no loose ends, was briliantly writen, acted and directed, with all the cast and crew from the series.

#205820 01/27/06 08:25 PM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Granted! The episode is made, and it's absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, on the last day of shooting, there's an actual shooting. They kill the entire cast and crew. The director. The sound editor. The makeup lady. Nobody is spared. So, while the perfect episode exists, the only copy is gathering dust in a box at the back of the evidence lock up room in a police station in sunny California. Tough luck, old chap. (Btw, love how you specified the original cast. <g>)

I wish I had a time remote control. Like Tivo, but for life. Don't like how something played out? Hit rewind and do it again. Bored during a meeting? Fast forward! You get it. wink

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205821 01/27/06 08:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wish granted. Oops, I think you just erased yourself on accident...

I wish...hm, I wish I had time to get more than 6 hours of sleep a night.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#205822 01/27/06 08:41 PM
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Granted! Tough luck about getting kicked out of school and losing your job, though. frown But, hey! You've got tons of free time now!

I wish I wasn't getting sick. razz

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#205823 01/27/06 08:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Granted! You are no longer getting sick. You are now fully sick. Enjoy!

I wish I could undelete Dave, so he could answer the next wish.

#205824 01/28/06 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted, too bad he answers in a strange mix of German, Polish, French and Italian that no one can understand.

I wish to be ruler of the world.

#205825 01/28/06 03:45 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Granted didn't Hitler and Napoleon want the same thing? I trust you remember what became of them.

I wish that I could join the circus for a day

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#205826 01/29/06 10:35 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Granted! You get to clean elephant droppings for a full 24 hours!

I wish I could go to the beach today.

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
#205827 01/29/06 11:46 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Granted! Aren't the waters off the coast of Antarctica beautiful! Hope you brought your long underwear - and about eight other layers! wink

I wish I could get the results of an hours worth of exercise without actually having to get up off my couch. <g>

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#205828 01/29/06 12:04 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
All right. You get all the tiredness and the cramps an hour's worth of exercise brings goofy You won't be able to leave your couch for the next three days.

I wish my writing was impeccable in all aspects.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#205829 01/30/06 08:28 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Granted! Except all your stories are so good, all your readers either don't understand them, or are intimidated by your brilliance, so you never receive feedback ever again.

I...um...I wish my husband had mailed the Vehicle Registration Form like you're supposed to and I didn't have to go to DMV tonight!! razz

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#205830 01/30/06 10:04 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Anne Spear:
I...um...I wish my husband had mailed the Vehicle Registration Form like you're supposed to and I didn't have to go to DMV tonight!! razz
Granted! Unfortunately, the forms weren't filled out right and the check was for the wrong amount, so you'll have to go to the DMV later at absolutely the worst time and have to pay a penalty on top of that. Oh, and on the way there, you're pulled over for speeding, so along with your speeding ticket, you're given another ticket for having an expired registration.

I wish I didn't get headaches so often, like the one I have now.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard