Print Thread
#20572 04/07/05 06:29 AM
G
gerry Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
G
That slimy, despicable, detestable, sleazy, lying, egotistical, pompous, two-faced, silver-tongue *snake* was about to find out what happened when they tried to make a fool out of Lois Lane!
And that's what it's all about. And Lois is taking Alice with her.

Let's hear it for the strong women!!! dance dance

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice, Mouse! You're doing a great job of turning Alice into a character in her own right. Fascinating background here - and, as Gerry said, it's great to see two strong women bonding to achieve a common aim.

Actually, that's something we saw far too little of in the series. Lois is a strong, ambitious woman who is a strong supporter of women generally - in the Pilot she mentions her NOW chapter. So why, when other women did appear in the series, were they only presented as rivals or enemies? People with whom Lois would fight rather than bond? (Star, of course, is an exception, but I never saw her as a credible friend for Lois. Way too flaky!).

We had Cat. Linda King. Mayson Drake. Even Lois's relationship with Molly didn't seem all that friendly. The common element with at least some of the women with whom Lois crossed paths (and I'll add in Antoinette Baines and Toni Taylor) was of course Clark: their interest in him and Lois's jealousy. But a woman with Lois's obvious feminism would have female friends, or at least a female support network.

Thanks for giving Lois that kind of support here, Mouse!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
This is definitely getting interesting. Does she include Clark in this investigation? After all this is Lois *and* Clark fanfic ...

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is really interesting so far! I'm really enjoying it. I look forward to what's next.

Jen
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Mouse,

Yes, I do like Alice in this story, but are we going to get the Lois and Clark partnership back?

After all, now that Lois has realised that Clark was right about Luthor, she would surely want to return to the investigative partnership.

Of course, it might be awkward because she now knows Clark is in love with her, but she does care about him, so I'm hoping she'll try to get past any unease Clark's confession would cause.

I look forward to reading more.
Yours Jenni

Columnist
Columnist
Women attack!!!! goofy hehehehe, well....you are the writer, you know what you are doing, donĀ“t listen to me goofy

Karla

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mouse

I've just read the first twp parts. smile
An excellent start! smile1
By the way, whereabouts in Australia are you?

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard