Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah, like a lot of you...I love Mariah Carey's, "All I Want For Christmas Is You." I used to dream about having a boyfriend when I heard that song...now I don't have to anymore. laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lets see...my favorite Christmas songs...okay, so this isn't all of them, but here are a few that come to mind:

I love Bing Crosby, my favorites being White Christmas, Mele Kalikimaka (the Hawaiian Christmas song), and Christmas in Kilarney

Run,Run, Rudolph (not sure who it's by)-- it's just such a fun song! dance

Santa Baby- the Eartha Kitt rendition

Jingle Bell Rock

Rockin' around the Christmas Tree

Drummer Boy by Jars of Clay

My friend has a ska cd that is by a group called Insyderz that I love called ska la la la la and it is really cool... I don't know the names of any of the songs though.

Well, there's a lot more I like as I am a sentimental softie and a major sucker for the holidays, but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

Marcy

EDIT: How could I forget Elvis???? I love Elvis!!! Any Elvis Christmas song works for me.

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wish I had time to add my own list! That I don't seems a tad ironic really. laugh

But I see that a few of my own favourites have been listed already, so just off the top of my head, quickly:

Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You

Winter Wonderland

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (always reminds me of Die Hard <G>)

Anything remotely Christmassy by Nat King Cole. You just gotta love the voice. The Christmas Song, especially.

Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt (just love that sultry, teasing rendition)

Have Yourself... - The Pretenders

Bing Crosby's White Christmas <snuffle>

Theme from The Snowman (Walking In the Air)

Jingle Bell Rock

I hadn't heard Grown Up Christmas List until I played Diane's MV the other week, but I love it, too.

Rocking Around The Christmas Tree - although I've never managed to get beyond the Kim Wilde/Mel Smith comedy version that was done for one of our telethons, since I heard that version. goofy

And, Sara, I'm so with you on Fairytale of New York. It just doesn't seem like the holiday season without it. In fact - going to go play it now. I just love the melody on it and:

And the boys of the NYPD choir
Were singing Galway Bay
And the bells were ringing out
For Christmas Day
Never fails to get me right...here. (In the words of Fraiser Crane, "I'm pointing to my chest now." goofy )

Since the untimely and tragic death of Kirsty MacColl, it's become even more poignant to listen to. But I still don't feel Christmassy without it.

There must be a ton more...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
I have another to add to my list...

I heard Winter Wonderland by Annie Lennox. I LOVE that version! smile1

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've another to add, too. How could I have forgotten Slade's Merry Christmas Everyone! goofy A classic.

LabRat smile (who's just spent a fun afternoon with LimeWire, compiling a Christmas song list. wink )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
How could I have forgotten Slade's Merry Christmas Everyone!
Rat, I have only one word for you:

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh

But how about Wham's 'Last Christmas'? Always gets my toes tapping. smile

Yvonne
(feeling very mellow, having made mince pies, wrapped Christmas presents, and listened to Christmas carols all afternoon smile1 )

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL. Yes, it's terribly tacky, but still a classic.

And, yes, Last Christmas is also on my playlist. I know it seems to irritate lots of people, but I always liked it.

LabRat smile (who also spent her afternoon offsetting the horror of Christmas card writing with Christmas music.)

The Musketeers
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
people here like anuna! people here like anuna! smile1 people here like anuna! people here like anuna! people here like anuna! smile1 people here like anuna!

*pant* *pant* *pant*

not that i'm excited about that or anything, but I sure could keep a thread going all by myself! wheeee!

i posted a message in the whining about christmas topic that should probably go here--sorry. didn't know this one existed until now. blush

oh yes! and muppets too! wheee! smile1 i like this crowd! wheeeee!

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL. Yes, it's terribly tacky, but still a classic.
Ahem.<embarrassed cough> Course, it was only earlier this evening that I suddenly realised I was talking about Wizzard's I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day. blush laugh

Well, I was close!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes!!!!!!! Anúna is *awesome*! They do so many *awesome* songs . . . Winter, Fire and Snow is a lovely Christmastime one, and I like their Gaudete as well. And they do one of the best versions of Coventry Carol that I've ever heard--I wrote out the music for it once--SSAA.

(Psst--get on the IRC channel sometime so we can discuss our favorite Anúna songs. laugh )

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Originally posted by Doranwen:
(Psst--get on the IRC channel sometime so we can discuss our favorite Anúna songs. laugh )
I WOULD LOVE TO!!!!!! (bowls Doranwen over quite inadvertently)

oh! Terribly sorry! (picks Doranwen up and brushes her off [right?])

but the way my computer reacts to New Things, you'd think it's an old dog. I was weak the other day and tried to view one of the many videos on this web site. it locked my computer up so badly I actually had to go over to the wall and unplug it. yeah. that was the only way I could get any response out of it. I just had julie S help me resize a picture for an avatar. it took me 10 minutes of work to figure out how to separate the picture from the message in my non-standard email program, and then when I uploaded it to my pic-pile account in order to link it in, pic-pile auto-tragically resized julie's perfect lil 100 X 100-pixel creation into...160 by 160 pixels. grrr..... I'm betting if I tried IRC, my computer would start smoking. grumble and double grumble grumble grrrr...

favorites: cynara i think is the fav album, by narrow margins! igitur servus, riu riu, incandations, amarque cum scuto, cynara, fuigfidh Mise'n Baile Seo, victimae, christus 2000, pie jesu.

Invocation: Eiri N greine the last rose, hin barra, heia viri, song of Oisin, quis est deus.

Omnis: gaudete, codail a linbh, beati quorum via (big soft spot for this one---my original favorite), st nicholas (my joannie (sister's) favrit!), geantrai (which goes through my head for days at a crack), dulaman, maria matrem virginem, ave generosa/o viridissima, salve rex gloriae, suantrai, bean phaidin/an poc ar buile, jerusalem, fionnghuala, si do mhaimeo i.

Deep Dead Blue: Deep dead blue (This. Is. Bruce. Wayne's. Song.) nobilis humilis, dicant nunc, the green laurel, island, the fisher king, kyrie, when i was in my prime. hm.....did i get everybody?......feel like i missed someone....

oh, baby, i could go on non-stop. if there's one here I didn't put in (like winter, fire, and snow) it means that I am merely madly in love with it instead of leaping into bed with it.

oo! oooooo! Behind the closed eye! only reason I missed it was cause it's currently in my cd player! (runs to go get the booklet) LICK THE SPEAKERS ON AUGUST. TESTOSTERONE ON A STICK, ANYONE? thumbsup the great wood (fabulous boogie music!), from nowhere to nowhere (just based on sound, another bruce wayne piece), gathering mushrooms (o my! the words! shock )

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
iiii'm sorry, i seem to have shocked this topic into a standstill. I guess it *is* my specialty...

ok, keep it moving! any other fav'rit christmas ones out there? i'm curious---no one else besides me has mentioned the winter solstic series. what are they up to now, 28 or something? wink i've only got a couple of 'em, but i like 'em.

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
iiii'm sorry, i seem to have shocked this topic into a standstill. I guess it *is* my specialty...
LOL. Actually, I think it just died a natural death. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well white Christmas by Bing was always my favorite but lately the drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing together really gets me misty. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Another one to add to the list:

"Christmas In The Northwest."

It sums up Christmas here in the Pacific Northwest! laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1 smile1 smile1 Did I mention Elvis?
I love "Blue Christmas"...I loved Elvis before LnC but it was one of the reasons I loved their Perry White. How could you not love a diehard Elvis fan?
Okay, don't answer that if you don't like him. laugh

And also, the Beatles. My family has a tradition of playing "Twist and Shout" at their New Year's Party pretty quickly after Midnight. Not sure why. But Beatles, to me, just go with the holidays. cool

Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Definetely "Last Christmas"!!
...and Merry Christmas to everyone! angel-devil

the greatest thing you ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I love "Christmas Carol" and "Three Little Pennies" and "A New Kid in Town" and "Christmas Shoes" and "A Soldier's King" and "Kentucky Homemade Christmas" and "A Christmas to Remember" and I really loved Conway Twitty's Christmas album when I was a child and still like it now. I just really like Christmas music.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I love the Christmas messages the Beatles used to leave for their fans. smile I wish I was alive during that time, that's for sure! wink

Another song to add to my list is Wynonna's version of "Blue Christmas."

I also love the soundtrack to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! I used to wear out the record I had of that as a kid. I can also still sing to the songs to this day. dance

Merriwether
Merriwether
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
-the version from the Home Alone soundtrack!

I want a Hippomanamus for Christmas.

There is a Christmas song I like but I have no idea who sings it or the name. . . it's a big band/swinging type of sound. She just belts it out! I love it.

Adam Sandler - Hanukkah Song

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
-the version from the Home Alone soundtrack!
Me too.

Something by the Pogues.

I can't think. . . .

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard