Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#204821 10/08/05 02:13 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank goodness for the Internet. During the scenes in which many of you were reaching for the air sickness bag, I was blissfully reading stuff on the Internet and ignoring what was on screen. Then when the retch-inducing scenes were over, I could simply look slightly to the left and watch the TV again. Unfortunately I'm afraid we might need to keep that air sickness bag handy for quite a bit of this season.

To add to what everyone else has said, why in the world does he like Lana anyway? He's got great chemistry with Chloe and Lois and he wants the girl who's emotionally inaccessible to him. Ugh.

Smallville has essentially said that Lois is not the love of his life. In our L&C when Clark had amnesia, he still felt that attraction with Lois wondering if there was anything more to their relationship. When Clark had amnesia in Smallville, he had his usual banter with Lois but had his head turned by Lana. Poor guy must have hit his head REALLY hard.

Well, Lynn, at least you got your two obligatory TW naked torso shots. At least somebody got something out of this episode. wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#204822 10/08/05 10:57 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I havevn't seen Smallville S4 or 5, but for what it's worth, my take on the Clark being in love with Lana thing:

Clark DOES NOT love Lana. He's only 18, what the hell does he even know about love. Clarks crush on Lana, is only due to Lana's pretty face and the Lana he's made up in his head. He said he loved her since he was five, but he didn't even talk to her until he was 16. So he didn't know her, for all he knew she could have been hooking or pushing drugs or been a professional killer in her spare time.
I know she wasn't, but what I'm saying is, all he saw was a face that he fell for, but he didn't talk to her, didn't know her, so he couldn't have been in love with her. And since he started talking to her, he's constantly had to rescue her from one thing or another, which of course, makes him feel all heroey and pumps up his ego. That's what he's crazy about, that the pretty girl at school needs him.

But unfortunately The Smallville Clark is NOT a likeable character and he's not super hero material at all.

He treats Chloe and her feelings like crap. Then turns it around, and puts it on her when she gets mad for treating her like crap. And he does it because he knows she likes him, so will forgive him. He's a total creep.

*He's forever whining about his life.
*He lies
*He steals
*When things don't go his way, he puts on the red kryptonite ring to make himself evil, but then doesn't go to the police to be held accountable for his actions. He and his parents cover it up and forget all about his deplorable behaviour.
*He throws people around against brick walls, and over cars etc, I'm surprised he hasn't killed them, or broken their backs or neck yet.
*He's very self centred.
*He's a borderline stalker.

The Clark of Smallville deserves to be with Lana because she is a very selfish, self centred, whiny little twit. And she seriously needs to learn what the word, "grateful" means when it comes to her aunt. Maybe that's why he has a crush on Lana, because they are so much alike.

I'm just surprised that Clark & Lana get a word in edgewise when their around each other, because all either of them do is complain & whine about their lives.

Lois of L&C would not be attracted or even like Clark at all. But it does p... me off, that the writers of Smallville brought Lois in and then had Clark not like her and still be all gooey eyed over Lana, And then to have him sleep with Lana, that just make me grit my teeth. I won't watch it, it didn't happen in my little world, and it's made easy especially as the writers have seriously stuffed up the whole Superman legend, the only thing they seem to have kept are the characters names.

What I can't understand is what on earth Chloe sees in Clark. He a real pig to her, I love the character of Chole (even though she's not cannon), but the way she puts up with how Clark treats her makes me mad. I've only seen S1-3, so I don't know if he treats her any better, but from what I've read, it doesn't sound like it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard