Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Better you have a looong buffer wink

J smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whoa, too good!

GO Lois GO!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I'm happy Lois got away but worry it's not going to be that easy. Great story. You've got me hooked!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad to see that something of the old Lois seems still to be there. And I'm also glad she made it out of there before Lex could start to poison her. *shudders*

Though I have to admit that I'm not quite getting her escape plan... Well, okay, she ran away and wants it to look like a kidnapping. but why the wedding dress (I assume it's her wedding dress...)

Anyways, great part! Can't wait for the next installment! Please post it soon!

-Sira thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh. Still creepy and chilling!

I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Jen
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fascinating! Yes, absolutely the most calculatingly evil Lex I have ever read. Scary! sad

Okay, I'm ready for more!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
GO Lois GO!!!!!!! thumbsup

karla

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AURGH!!! thumbsup

I agree with Wendy though that the ATM card is *not* a smart move, they can be tracked way too easily and quickly. Unless she plans to make a large cash withdrawal and then run like he*@? huh

It *is* Lex she's running from, right? I can't help but notice his name hasn't been mentioned yet ...

Can't wait for more! Please post soon! wildguy

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, just WOW! wave

P.S. BTW, I'm totally satisfied with your explanation that we're dealing with an even more evil incarnation of Lex here wink

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

I've just read the first two parts. smile

They're excellent. evil Poor Lois! mecry

I also agree with Wendy about the ATM card. Lois is definitely dead if she uses it. frown I think she should have opted for the cash.

I can't wait to see what happens next. Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The ATM card is a bad idea ONLY if Lois uses it after she starts running. If she drains that account BEFORE Lex knows she's gone and before she actually leaves the city, he won't have any idea where she is. For example, she could hit a terminal at the bus station and then take a taxi to the train station and buy a ticket with cash. That way, when Lex does start looking, he'll waste time checking bus schedules and destinations. A little misdirection never hurt anybody.

And this Lex is so cold he'd give a cobra frostbite. If the tension in this story was any tighter, you could use it as a circus high-wire.

WOW! Next post, quickly, please!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
The ATM card is a bad idea ONLY if Lois uses it after she starts running. If she drains that account BEFORE Lex knows she's gone and before she actually leaves the city, he won't have any idea where she is.
That's true, but she probably can't *drain* the account in one sitting. Most ATM cards have a daily limit as to how much cash can be withdrawn - $300, $500, something like that. Granted, in Lex's case, the bank may have waived standard policy for him, or given him a much higher withdrawal limit (since presumably there is at least a million dollars in the a/c). If the latter, Lois would possibly be able to withdraw a significant amount of cash, but it probably wouldn't be in the thousands of dollars that she really should have in order to safely stay low...

Two more questions about this:
1. She's going to all this trouble to make it look like she's been kidnapped, but how can the missing ATM card be explained? The sentry guard saw her leave, which means that she wasn't kidnapped from the house. If Lex believes the ruse about the kidnapping, he'll wonder how the kidnappers got their hands on the card, which should still have been in his desk. So this would presumably make him realize that Lois must have had the card with her, which would make him suspicious that the kidnapping, in fact, isn't...

2. Who does the ATM card belong to? Lex, right? Lois said that she doesn't know where any of her ATM/credit cards or chequebook is. So how can Lois possibly access the money? It will require a password, and Lois wouldn't have that...

Sara, see how you're keeping us all on edge with this story! Trying to figure out what's coming next. I love her protective maternal feelings rising to the fore, and how the "old" Lois Lane is resurfacing after these months in hiding.

Looking forward to more...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I was just re-reading part 2 and I think I've found some things. Her unnamed husband is referred to as "their (the public's) hero." He's also described in the wedding photo as tall, dark-haired, and brown-eyed. So I've come to an unpopular conclusion, one I don't like but am advancing at the risk of my board access.

Lois isn't married to an unspeakably evil Lex Luthor.

She's married to an unspeakably evil Clark Kent.

I hope I'm wrong here, but the signs definitely point in this direction. Maybe it's more misdirection from a masterful writer, maybe it's a device to heighten the tension, but I'm very afraid that our worst fears have come to pass: Superman has been 'outed' and has turned to the Dark Side, and Lois is trapped in his wake.

Please prove me wrong.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Terry's theory:
Lois isn't married to an unspeakably evil Lex Luthor.

She's married to an unspeakably evil Clark Kent.
Oh man. Well, I have to admit that when I started reading part 1, I did wonder, with this passage, for example:

She sighed, wondering wearily what earth-shattering disaster had called him away this time. Night after night she woke up to find his side of the bed empty, his nightclothes thrown over the chair, the hanger on which his suit hung empty and the door swinging wide open.
I had a hard time believing that "our" Superman could have turned like this, but I was willing to accept an alternate version, remembering Kal in LST.

But then I got to the part in London, where I believed that Kenneth just had to be Clark. Which would make the husband Lex.

Lex is also tall, dark-haired and brown-eyed - so the descriptor could still work for him.

If Terry's theory is right, then Sara is not only masterfully leading us all astray in this story, but she is expertly misdirecting us in her comments to our feedback as well. That would be most evil indeed.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
You guys are wrong. It's neither Lex nor Clark, but Tank.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Once more, guys, thank you all so much for your fantastic comments goofy - good point, all of you. Am I going to comment? Of course not evil Guess you guys will have to wait and see if your theories are correct... wink

Anyway, once again much gushing praise to all of you notworthy Hope this next part lives up to expectations.

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard