Page 2 of 2 1 2
#202632 03/24/05 01:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OOOO good one Liz, I listened to Outlander on tape, very cool storyline.

I love and miss Mystery Science Theater 3000
[Linked Image]

I bought a lot of the tapes and I got to meet Mike Nelson, but I'll watch a really sucky movie (some with Dean Cain in them <snicker>!) and say "this movie needs a couple of Robots and a guy sitting at the bottom of it"

TEEEEEEEEJ

#202633 03/24/05 07:41 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like:

• the sound of rain on a tent
  • listening to music outdoors
  • the smell of second-hand bookshops
  • bananas with chocolate
  • mountains and lakes
  • a cat on your lap and a dog at your feet
  • sitting round a fire with good friends

One (I have many) of my favourite quotes is from Margaret Mead:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

I could go on, but I'll stop there for now...

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
#202634 03/24/05 09:41 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Awesome wallpapers, Ankit!!! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#202635 03/24/05 05:38 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Things I love?

The scene from Superman: The Movie where he catches a falling Lois Lane and says, “Don’t worry, miss. I’ve got you.” To which she replies, “You’ve got me?” and looks quickly down and then back up again at the man who held her. “Whose got you?!”

I loved it in the theater when I was a kid and I love it even more as an adult when my four year old daughter watches that same scene over and over again giggling and reciting the lines along with mimicking Lois’ up and down look.

I also love Lex Luthor as written by Elliot S! Maggin in “Last Son of Krypton”. He was a totally unique and fun villain.
There were other super-criminal geniuses in the world; he had met some of them, dealt with them on occasion. They were chairmen of great corporations, grand masters of martial arts disciplines, heads of departments in executive branches of governments, princes, presidents, prelates, and a saint or two. Unlike Luthor, these men and women chose to retain their respectability. They had trouble coping with honesty.

Luthor was not motivated by a desire for money, or power, or beautiful women, or even freedom. In solitary Luthor decided that his motivation was beyond even the love or hate or whatever it was he had for humanity. It was consuming desire for godhood, fired by the unreasonable conviction that such a thing was somehow possible. He began by being an honest man. He was a criminal and said so.

He sat down next to the woman at the desk, Barbara Tolley, his clerical assistant. She insisted on being called "B.J." even though her middle name was Arabella.

"Anything pressing?" Luthor asked her as he poured them both a cup of coffee from a beaker rigged to a device that kept it constantly filled with exactly sixteen ounces.

"That gadget you dreamed up in the fall - y'know, the way of making pictures jump off the page like you're wearing 3-D glasses?"

"What about it?" It was a method devised by Luthor's inventor alias, Chet Horowitz, to make a holographic image possible on a flat surface so that a picture would appear to hang several inches off a page.

"Every major paperback company in town made a bid for the process. It seems there's this whole new group of people whose job it is to package books like detergents or political candidates or something."

"And they want to put this thing on paperback covers. Good idea. You walk down an aisle looking for a cookbook, and the one that catches your eye has a cover with lobster thermidor hanging into the aisle. So what's the problem?"

"Chet Horowitz stands to make a small fortune on it."

"Yes?"

"He made a small fortune on the gizmo that keeps electric plugs from shocking babies, and another small fortune on the new riveting gun. That's three small fortunes since January. Bernie that accountant says you're overspending and we won't have enough to pay Chet's income taxes this year."

Luthor smiled.

"All right, genius." B.J. gave him the indulgent look she kept as a defense against his. "If the solution's so damn obvious why didn't Bernie think of it himself?"

Luthor obviously had B.J. by the intrigue glands. This happened so seldom that he sat silently long enough to see her eyes crinkle. Then he solved the accountant's problem: "We don't have to pay Chet Horowitz' income tax at all this year. Let a process server try to find him. We're criminals, remember?"
I also love Rudyard Kipling’s “If” as read here:

http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/kipling_ind.html

I love the memory of sitting in front of our gas stove as a child when school was called off because of snow and watching “Hogan’s Heroes” at 9:00 AM.

I love the Archie comics of the 60’s and 70’s (I read them when Hogan’s Heroes went off).

I love fantasy books by David Eddings and mysteries by Robert B. Parker.

I love the quote at the end of my posts.

and I have to say while I’m still a bit new around here and tend to lurk more than I post, I love all of you guys too. You never fail to bring a smile to my face even when I’m down. smile

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
#202636 03/24/05 07:50 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Michael, thanks for the link to Kipling's poems. I remember reading the poem "If" in high school. Loved it then. Love it even more, now.

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#202637 03/25/05 12:04 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
My favourite book is 'Pride and Prejudice' and my favourite quote has always been the opening lines

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife
As a Christian my favourite Bible passage is this one

The Lord is my Shepard; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honour to his name.
Psalm 23:1-2 (NLT) while not the full passage I've quoted the beginning of it but if you want to read the full passage you can find it here .

The full passage is on the left and the wording is different from mine which comes down to a different version as for another quote look below at my signature I think what Helen Keller said is true in every word.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#202638 03/25/05 06:53 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love MUSIC. Though to narrow that thought down, lol, I love folk music, like Wild Mountain Thyme, She Moved Through The Fair, etc. Slainte does particularly lovely renditions of both of those, and Loreena McKennitt does a nice Greensleeves (as well as sets the poems The Lady of Shalott and The Highwayman to music--easy to memorize that way). I love choral music, like O Magnum Mysterium (particularly Lauridsen and Poulenc's versions). Robert Shaw Singers and AnĂşna are awesome choirs. And I love the Carpenters, particularly songs like Heather, Happy, Aurora, Crescent Noon, Someday, and Desperado. (you can find the lyrics at the Carpenters FAQ Song Index )

I love good fanfiction (Wendy Richards and Nan Smith are my most favorite L&C writers, but there are many others I love too), as well as books by Tolkien (LOTR has been my favorite set for years), C.S. Lewis (Narnia, space trilogy, The Dark Tower and Other Stories, Till We Have Faces), Madeleine L'Engle (A Wrinkle In Time, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, And Both Were Young, A Ring of Endless Light, Certain Women), Diane Duane (Young Wizards series), Mercedes Lackey (Arrows trilogy), Anne McCaffrey (The Skies of Pern, for one), Tamora Pierce (Tris's Book, Briar's Book), Patricia McKillip (Riddle-master, The Forgotten Beasts of Eld, Song for the Basilisk, The Book of Atrix Wolfe), Sherryl Jordan (The Raging Quiet, Juniper Game), O.T. Nelson (The Girl Who Owned A City), Monica Hughes (Invitation to the Game), Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game, Tales of Alvin Maker), Caroline Cooney (Face on the Milk Carton series, Among Friends), Daniel Keyes (Flowers for Algernon), Calvin Miller (The Singer/The Song/The Finale, A Requiem for Love/A Symphony in Sand), and MUCH more. laugh

And that doesn't even get into quotes, languages . . .

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#202639 04/02/05 08:48 AM
K
Kaylle Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
K
I love Desperado, but I only know the Eagles version. Not sure if I'd like it as well by someone else, as I'm quite attached to theirs <g>.

I had a friend staying with me this week, and while I was in class/work/etc she decided to watch my L&C episodes on my computer <g>. So this post is really the things she loved wink .
  • Season's Greedings: "Clark Jerome Kent!" When Marth catches Clark burning the heel off of Lois's shoe. Jaina watched this scene about fifteen times before I made her stop <g>. Also, Perry dancing on the table, and Jonathan's expression when they caught him. And Perry's line "Superman! You're not going to take my rats away, are you?" when he can't stop laughing long enough even to protest.
  • AKA Superman: "You should see her with silverware. It's not a pretty sight. So we'll just take them away!" And, later in the episode, "You were a 97% match? Really?"
  • Pheremone, My Lovely: The "Lois Lane, I love you!" scene at the airport, and Lex's subsequent "I may throw up."
  • Tempus in just about everything <g>.
  • The Family Hour: Ellen Lane's hystrionics. She was extremely upset by the idea that L&C couldn't have children, and she loved the baby at the end, despite my complaints that it didn't have a story <g>.

It was a lot of fun watching Jaina watching the episodes. I hadn't seen most of them in a long while, and seeing them through her eyes made them completely different. She laughed at some things I thought were silly and didn't like some things I thought were great, but it was lots of fun for both of us. wink Yay for bringing old fans back into the fold!

Kaylle

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard