Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, CC, what you are saying makes sense (don't let that go to your head!). If you do go with the angle that RedK is not a drug, per se, but rather something that strips away the moral layers of Clark Kent to reveal the raw Kal beneath, then yes, your argument does hold water. He did know what he was doing and is therefore accountable.

However, I think what you are saying amounts to semantics of a sort. Those "layers" you speak of I term Clark's inhibitions as defined in dictionary.com:

(1) : a desirable restraint or check upon the free or spontaneous instincts or impulses of an individual guided or directed by the social and cultural forces of the environment <the self-control so developed is called inhibition —C. W. Russell>

We all have basic, selfish wants, needs and desires that we know we cannot act upon since we live in a civilized world. Clark has these same impulses (his Kal personality) that he knows is not acceptable to society or even just his parents, so he employs those "layers of Clark Kent" to restrain Kal.

By tricking Clark into wearing that Red-K necklace, Alicia effectively removed his inhibitions. He was no longer acting with a full range of controls, and therefore the things that he did were not of his real, conscious choosing.

I do love your spectrum analogy of "Clark" being the personality on the fully-human end of the spectrum with "Kal-El" on the fully-Kryptonian end and "Kal" residing somewhere in between.

Too, I agree about the Red-K. Enough of it already!!Except Red-K Clark is one sexy big hunk of gorgeousness.

Lynn

PS - About the marriage being not-legal, I'm pretty sure it's because people under the age of 18 have to have parental consent. I'm guessing Clark and/or Alicia are both 17.

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I missed the first half of this, but I did think the last scene was well done.

I kept wondering how she had gotten him to get on the Red K in the first place, because Clark knows about it. And how did she find out about it?

I'm looking forward to next week's ep.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Columnist
Columnist
I have to say I sort of just half *** watch Smallville. I really liked the first season but they have gotten more and more off the wall with each season. Then they show a few episodes and then do reruns then new episodes etc. I just find that the show doesn't do much for me anymore. It seems to have nothing to do with the Clark Kent I know and love and a lot to do with being as weird and out there as can they get. I don't feel that the show is well thought out or planned but mainly follows a thin thread that is fed by weird scripts with Clark at the center of them. It makes me think all his friends and the people of Smallville are as dumb as dirt to not have really figured out what is going on by now.

Like when Clark was on the Red K and robbing ATMS they all have cameras so you would think some one would have sent him to prison for the robberies. The stories lines just don't make sense.

I know that it has a big following and I was a huge fan the first year but with each year that followed I lost interest due to the path of scripts so that I pretty much don't care anymore.

Columnist
Columnist
I also find the characterization of Clark in Smallville to not be condusive (sp) to eventually leading to the character of Clark Kent/Superman as we know him. He is a little to self-centered/self-pitying. He doesn't have that because I have these powers I have a responsibility attitude. He is more selfish and careless to a very large degree. Is focus is ME, ME, ME and you just don't go from ME, ME, ME to the selfless superhero. So as I said Smallville just doesn't do it for me or really fit in the Superman Universe.

E
Columnist
Columnist
E
I also find the characterization of Clark in Smallville to not be condusive (sp) to eventually leading to the character of Clark Kent/Superman as we know him.
I agree to an extent. He is going to have to go through some life-changing event in order to become Superman. He has shown responsibility in an ep or two (like the one where the other guy got his powers from the lightning strike), but not a lot.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

I love Smallville, I downloaded the episode yesterday and I love it.But I hate Clark´s parents sometimes, stupid parents, is not Clark´s fault that R-K affects him that much.

I knew that Chloe will know the secret and I am so happy, she deserves to know more than Lana, the virgin Lana, yea right. Chloe is a better friend.

Lana and Jason, enogh with that, too much Lana, I am getting sick.

Karla

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard