Next Thread
Print Thread
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Whoa!

Dark and depressing much, Teej? goofy

It was a bit of a shock to discover the first part was a flashback, but what a depressing leap to take from one section to the next! It's clear that Clark had been spirited away from Earth and his parents had disappeared in the interim. Now we find that he's had to go underground and is under Lex's power?

Ouch. frown

Loved this line:
the cacophony of every barn swallow in Kansas gossiping about the day ahead
Great imagery. smile

Do you put the toys back on the shelf when you're done, Teej? I don't mind reading a dark story if I know there will eventually be light at the end of the tunnel, but this beginning is pretty depressing! Let us know if there's a happy ending, okay?

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Thank you for your generous compliment Hazel-rah! notworthy

But "light at the end of the tunnel" ? Well it's always darkest before the dawn, right?

TEEEEEEJ

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This was just confusing and tantalizing enough to make you want to know what the heck is going on.

One point I had to double check on though is the 'memory' of Clark's encounter with Wayne Irig. It took a second reading for me to be sure that Clark hadn't actually killed Wayne. I don't care what the lad might have been put through, the moment he kills an innocent you've lost me because it is no longer Clark Kent/Superman.

I'm intrigued enough to continue reading to see some of the myriad of questions you've put out there answered.

Tank (who is a staunch Superman does not kill advocate)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off Tank, thanks for reading it.

Second, Tank, I'm scared to death of you reading it.

That's cool though, I'm fine....

That you were interested has given me a huge boost so, thanks for that. Also I just want you to know that VHS collection you so generously bestowed upon me has been used in reference for this newest project, so thanks for that too.

TEEEEEJ <quaking in boots, seriously>

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard