Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#200695 08/26/04 06:19 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
How Do you answer these questions?

37. At school or work, do you (A) act like a schmuck or (B) act like a kiss-*** ?

39. Do you obey the voices in your head? (A) Yes or (B) No
I wasn't sure about 37, but I think I went with B, 'cause I try to be nice to everyone... and for 39, I said Yes, because all they ever tell me is to write down what L&C are doing... wink

And, checking compatibility levels... my lowest is 59% with Carole, a Crafter, and my highest is 76% with Laura -- also a Crafter. What's up with that?

Haven't seen any other Masterminds yet... mwa-ha-ha...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#200696 08/26/04 09:07 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Those of you that are wanting to compare with me please use mr_d8a@yahoo.com instead of the hotmail address. Unless I really trust a site I don't give out the hotmail...

James, who's yahoo account averages around 200 spam a day...

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#200697 08/26/04 03:03 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh well I'm a teacher and that's really funny because I always helped people at school and I used to help my brother a lot with math (although I don't like math anymore laugh )

The Teacher

It's a word you think about more than most others. You like the idea of what can be as opposed to what is. That's where the Teacher in you shows up. You won't necessarily be a teacher professionally, but that's not what this is all about. You know how to get the most of out people, and that is a talent that is very valuable.

You're the consummate planner, good with people and good with ideas. Creative and quick, you can respond to any problem with a plan, and you can get the people around you to make it work. When you're around, things go the way they are supposed to. This makes you feel good, right? Yeah, it's supposed to.

All of this is great, but there is a downside too. Your ability to make others shine means you're often in the background. You don't get the credit you deserve, and that really sucks, even if you refuse to admit it. Hopefully, sometime down the road, someone who's life you changed will come back and sing "Wind Beneath My Wings" for you. This will make it all worth it.

Lisa says...

You're always up in everyone else's business. You can't help but stick your big, ugly nose where it doesn't belong. You try to make up for your own inconsequential life by attempting to make some sort of difference in everyone else's. Trust me, you suck at your own, don't screw mine up.

Possible Career: Professional Party Planner

Lol, hey I always give great advices to people... I never heard that I screwed up someone else's life razz

Raquel (who used her yahoo account: lanelana@yahoo.com.br smile )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#200698 08/26/04 08:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
checking compatibility levels... my lowest is 59% with Carole, a Crafter, and my highest is 76% with Laura -- also a Crafter. What's up with that?
I had that too (lowest with Pam and highest with Lucie then Anna). So I re-took the test...twice. changing answers to the questions I wanted to tick as "both" or "none of the answers above". Like:

37. well, none of the two. I acted like someone who was here to study. Who wanted to know if she did her homework right and if not, where she screwed up and why. Someone who also wanted the teacher to leave her alone, unless she had a question she was unable to answer to by herself.

39. Depends. if they told me to jump off a plane or a building, I won't. If it's just "hey, see that chocolate covered cake out there? tempting, isn't it?" well, who am I to even discuss that? wink

49. I join James and the claustrophobic club. Plus running naked in the mall, either:

a. no one will noticed. People do such crazy things nowadays.

b. they'll eventually noticed but won't give a damn: "they're shooting another trashy real tv show".

c. they'll care, wonder what happened to me and call the police and/or the asylum. Not necessarily in that order. Either way, I'll be out of here before they can say, er...didyouseethisorwasijustdaydreamin?

I don't even know who Tom Green is. OK, scratch that, I ran an online search, 2 minutes ago. :p

Back to the subject. Different answers but same profile: I'm definitely a crafter.

(Crafters/ Lisa says) You are interested in mechanical things, particularly how and why things work.
<innocent look> Who, me? blush

So I wondered why, if radically changing my answers I came out with the same personnality. I think it's because the answers I gave to the questions that are "really" counting to define a Crafter (from the test-makers POV) were somehow always the same.

So Pam, I guess your percentage shift depends on the answers the Crafters (say Laura and me) you tested your compatibility with, answered. And, to a certain extend, on how you answered those very same questions (cross-data thingy). But I might be wrong. :p

OTOH, I took a test this summer, with my 12 years RL best friend. The test said both of us "had nothing in common and wouldn't bear each other, even if our lives depended on it". Well, so far we're fine, thanks. If my life was at stake, I wouldn't trust anyone but her (me aside, that is).

Which is why I became cautious with figures and test result. I trust my first impression better. laugh

Carole, who wonder if she's making any sense at all. smile1

#200699 08/31/04 02:03 PM
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Interesting. This test seems to peg me as an ISTJ in the Myers Briggs typology, though on an MB test, I always come out as an INTJ. The INTJ is also known as the Mastermind and is more of a pathology than personality type. I once had a more humorous version of the MB test warn me not to learn German. wink

#200700 09/01/04 02:31 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Rac, that's a cool link... I also tend to come out as an INTJ, and this test had me as a "Mastermind" so I guess that tracks smile

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project.
Maybe that's why I'm so involved with running fannish things, like this board, the fic list, and the Kerths... oh, and Season 6... and the first alt-Kerths... and the #loisclark IRC channel, and... goofy I like making things and systems that work -- in short, I'm a hopeless volunteer-er.

And then there's this:
INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything...
...which reminds me of the process every year where we review Kerth categories... laugh I always knew it was a good thing I wasn't the only one on the committee wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard