Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
/me dances

I'm so excited! And did I see the word 'trilogy' in the FDK thread for part 1?! I ADORE Krypton fics, and I'm so excited you're posting this. Wow, it sounds like everyone's so sure Jor El and his family are going to be saved...will they? Or will this end up following the series where they perish?

Jen
(who's so tuning in to the next parts)

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac

WOW! This is excellent. dizzy
I could be wrong here but I'm assuming from the beginning of the story that Earth is their planet of origin. Will Earth be their destination?

This is very intriguing and I can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just read the first two parts, Rac. smile

I admire any effort to put the NK history into some kind of perspective, or even sense. goofy But I have to admit that I'm not a fan of heavily political stories, so we'll see how it goes. smile I hope to be here for the long haul, but I hope you'll forgive me if too much politics (to my mind, anyway) make me drop out.

The light thingy was interesting. If I understand correctly, the first light was mass transportation, and the third (I'm a little fuzzy on European history, but that was Da Vinci, right?) was an attempt to force technological knowledge on Earth? And on Krypton, the forced knowledge took, and that's why K is so much further advanced in technology? The Palestine one left me blank, but I have a vague suspicion it's supposed to be Christian-based. If you don't mind a little historical correction, though, the date you give places it during the time the country was known as Judea, under the subjugation of the Romans, who destroyed the Second Temple in Jerusalem some sixty years later. Be that as it may, it will be intriguing to see your explanations for this marauding and mysterious light.

Like others mentioned, I liked the extra motivation you gave Jor-El for saving his son. But I find it hard to believe - and I guess this is my politics dislike rearing its head - that no one has yet leaked what's-her-name's plan to abandon all but the smallest fraction of the people, in favor for her numbers and selections. That kind of secret is impossible to keep, especially once transports begin and people start adding up the numbers. What's going to happen to the scientists to keep them quiet? Goodness, it doesn't look too good for the Els, does it? We'll have to read on and find out! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Still eagerly reading, Rac. razz

"All right," she acquiesced to her husband's insistent requests. "Let us go." Jor El placed a protective hand on the small of her back as they walked out of the hangar.
I just loved this little example of like son, like father. <g>

And an intriguing ending to this segment, too, with the origins of Krypton.

We have to wait a week?

Post more, soonest!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rac,
just catching up - read 1&2
very interesting story so far
keep it coming
ditto others
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well this is certainly an interesting perspective on the fate of Krypton. I have to say I'm enjoying the story very much. You really get a sense of their race against time and the desperation to save themselves!

I can't wait to read more, this is good stuff! thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
No secret as to the planet of origin, but how is that going to effect the progression of things. It would be funny (but probably quite impractical) if the whole colony headed back to earth. Imagine 250,000 super people flying around.

The political intrigue is interesting, but it does slow the pace of the story so hopefully we'll see how that works out before too long. I realize this a long story, but I hope that it won't take too long to get to the Lois and Clark aspects.

Being offline for a week is not acceptable, so I'm afraid you'll have to make other arrangements.

Tank (who finds this take on Krypton interesting but wonders how the red giant sun became a red dwarf)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hey, there was an actuary! cool

This is getting interesting... a week! awww!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

You scorn them," Shai chastised Rae Et. "Because you forget that our superior technology and understanding are the products of outside interference and not of our own progression. But if you are so determined to lord your superior understanding over these people, how do you think these primitive beings will react to learning that life exists elsewhere in the universe, that they are not alone? You know that it would throw their world into turmoil. They will not be ready to deal with this information, nor will they be prepared to welcome millions of their Kryptonian cousins as indefinite guests.
eek Please tell me there not talking of earth.

More soon, please.

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
LabRat wrote:
Can I hope that Rae Et is first to fall down a fissure when Krypton explodes?
Seconding that! laugh Unfortunately, part of me assumes that she will claim her spot on one of the NK transports, and that we'll see her again. But, she's probably mighty p.o.'d at this point in being overruled in her plan to return to the "planet of origin", and I don't see her meekly accepting life on this most inhospitable planetoid that the council has selected. So maybe we will lose her after all...

Looking forward to more.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Sorry for not responding earlier everyone, but thanks so much for your comments. The next part is up and I hope to post more regularly now that I have an internet hookup in my apartment. Thanks again for reading and taking the time to comment, I do really appreciate the feedback and hope that the next part will start to answer some questions.

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard