Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19584 02/05/05 01:10 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
To all you people who wanted a sequel.... I hope you're happy now goofy Personally, I blame Sara Kraft.

Thanks, Wendy, for doing a quick beta job last night smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#19585 02/05/05 01:32 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I firmly believed this sequel was not needed. Absolutely, positively, in no way necessary, because the first was so unique, how could you match it?

And was I ever wrong!! Loved this, loved this, loved this. Did I mention the love? sloppy

Most of all:

Duty had better not call. It might get an answering machine.
Wonderful.

And the observation about how much he enjoyed waiting in line at the restaurant. Not something you would ever do once you're super famous.

Well. Now that you've written the perfect sequel, I'm thinking it would be nice if you just expanded this to about...20 parts. Ok?

What if I say 'Please'?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
#19586 02/05/05 02:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Rats, CC, I was going to highlight that line, too - most definitely my favourite. smile

This was great, Pam - just as good as the first. Clark had a nice mix of uncertainty, humour and just enough confidence to kiss the girl at the end. Perfect. smile

Yvonne

#19587 02/05/05 02:51 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was going to highlight that line, too.. guess it's a favorite laugh

Absolutely wonderful. I wasn't expecting to see a sequel, but I'm SO glad there was. Are you going to continue with this? Cause, you know, I'd love to see Lois come back to Metropolis as herself. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#19588 02/05/05 03:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Pam, I totally agree with everything everyone has said (loved that "answering machine"!!!)

You're in for a total ALt-Clark Alt-Lois fic now. You just can't stop now.

That was chapter 2 of 20? 25? parts.

Wonderful!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#19589 02/05/05 04:18 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

Pam, I agree too with everything everyone has said loved that "answering machine" laugh

And now that you are writing more, ejenmm, please write other 20 or 25 parts, hehehehe, pleaseeeeeeeeee grovel

Great, great,great,great hail

Karla

#19590 02/05/05 05:01 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I wanted to pop that kid.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#19591 02/05/05 05:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think everybody's favourite line was the answering machine one. goofy Just inspired!

Like others, I didn't think the original needed a sequel, Pam - but then you came along and wrote one which was just perfect. thumbsup And thank you for showing it to me last night - it was just what I needed at the time. smile

What do I love about it? Well, the humour throughout is terrific. thumbsup Love Clark's self-deprecating air and Lois's not-so-subtle management of him. And the kiss, of course. And, most of all, the delicious symmetry of both of them being in disguise.

Totally adorable!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#19592 02/05/05 05:38 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Yep, the answering machine was my favorite, too. So now do he and Lois keep their Lyn and Joe disguises when they want to go out together? That would make a neat secret identity for him when he doesn't want to be Clark smile .

Anyway, nice job. Now you see how easy it is to get hooked into sequels. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#19593 02/05/05 05:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Speaking of sequels, Nan... wink I was re-reading Supercop yesterday for Kerth purposes and wondered what progress you've made on the promised sequel to that... wildguy

(Sorry to hijack your thread, Pam wink )

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#19594 02/05/05 06:11 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Also with apologies to Pam, Right now I'm working on Home V and working on details to the sequel to Suspicions. Supercop is going to have to wait in line. <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#19595 02/05/05 06:18 AM
Columnist
Columnist
WOO HOO!!! We got a sequel! Hehehe.
Looooved the story pam! And the answering machine part cracked me up. I can go to work happy now. YAY!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#19596 02/05/05 07:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loverly!

I like when Lois er..Lyn bosses him around and he doesn't even realize it. Nice work!

And a smoochie at the end?? Clark's not the only one with a grin on laugh

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iā€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iā€™m trying to be nice.
#19597 02/05/05 09:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just caught up with these two stories, and all I have to say is [Linked Image] .

That would be me melting into a happy puddle about now! I really enjoyed them both!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#19598 02/05/05 09:25 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
*Ahem* Excuse me?! I don't even recall being the first to mention a sequel! *How* can *I* be blamed for this?!

/me huffs off to pout...

I shouldn't even leave feedback. razz

Fine! Fine! I'll leave feedback. ;P

So, maybe, if I'd never even heard of Lois Lane, I'd still have fallen for Lyn Drozny.
Awww, sweet theory. smile

She reaches out to lightly touch my arm. "It's okay, Clark. I'll be there."

How does she do that? "Okay, then."
AWWWWWW smile smile

She rescues me from the verbal quagmire. "Clark, I know that flying with you means you holding me. It's okay. I've decided you're not an obsessed lunatic, remember?" She flushes slightly and smiles. "And I've got to say -- I've kind of been looking forward to flying with you."
Awwww!!!

"I can't believe I was fooled by a pair of glasses." The irony is staggering, but I won't get into that topic yet.
goofy )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#19599 02/05/05 09:43 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm another one who didn't expect a sequel because the first story was such a perfect little package. But you managed to make an equally perfect, complete partner for it, and when I finished, I wasn't left starving for more. I felt ... satisfied. I had needed to see Clark's hope, not only for the love he's been waiting for, but for a possibility of something like a normal life at times, and you gave it to me. Seeing both L&C from the inside, I'm confident that they'll be okay, so, thanks.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#19600 02/05/05 10:15 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Everything I want to say has been said.
Basically:
- I didn't think a sequel was necessary...
- ...yet, I loved this second story...
- ...and now I think I wouldn't mind a third either.
- I loved the answering machine line laugh
- ...and the ending was awesome. thumbsup

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#19601 02/05/05 01:26 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

WOW, this is excellent. smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool

#19602 02/05/05 06:13 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I, too, didn't think it needed a sequel but who am I to complain if Pam wants to write more? wink

My favorite sentence in this story isn't the same one others thought, but rather is this one:

"...I've got to be the very last person you'd ever expect to show up in your office."
I thought this was great since it further reinforces why the disguise works, just like nobody in our universe expected Superman to "dress down."

And you took my suggestion and even paraphrased my sig! Cool. smile

Keep 'em coming.

P.S. I'm sure Lynn M. wouldn't complain too much if you added another 'n' to Lois's disguised name. wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#19603 02/05/05 06:52 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ditto. laugh

What? Everyone already said what I wanted to -- picked out my favorite line; commented that it hadn't needed a sequel, but this was wonderful . . . All that's left is for me to echo everyone.

And do my best to post first, next time. goofy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard