Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I enjoyed seeing Asabi again in this episode. Usually, he had to take a backseat to Lex whenever he was on the show, so it was nice to see him get a chance to shine on his own. My favorite line from the episode came from him: "This is the body you've stolen? Are you mad? You couldn't settle for, I don't know, Michael Jordan?" rotflol

I think that Dean Cain did a really good job at playing Woody Samms in Clark's body. The scene of Woody first coming into Clark's body and experiencing his super powers for the first time was really funny.

What I probably like most about this episode, though, is that it does a good job of illustrating that it's not just the powers that make Superman. The man behind the costume is just as important if not more important than the powers.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm trying to think of fanfics related to this episode and all I can think of is Sheila Harper's trilogy from the fan-written Season Six . The trilogy consists of Turn Around , Walk In My Shoes and Mirror, Mirror . One word: body-switching. (OK, that's two words.) But the stories are still fun.

I checked the Archive Database for fanfics with the keyword of "Episode-Related" to this episode, and guess what? None.

Strangely enough, of episodes beginning with "I've", there are a lot more for "I've Got A Crush On You" (season one) than "I've Got You Under My Skin" (season four). Just goes to show how the UST and romantic banter got sucked out of the show by season four. frown

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I actually mainly liked this story, but I am not sure there is much chance of developing it further. It seems like when people have a married Lois and Clark in their story, they normally do not anchor it to anything in canon.

I did like the whole "guess who: interchange at the start. I thought it was quite fun. On the other hand, I though it took Lois too long to realize that she was dealing with an imposter.

M.L. Thompson does explore some of this episode in "Vindication" which is the story of Samantha after "Sex, Lies and Videotapes".

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This episode does have the excellent scenes where Lois tells Woddy Sams (in Clark's body) that he will never be Superman, because Superman is not such because of his ability, but because of his character.

On another note, does Woddy's daughter figure out that CK=SM, or is she still in the dark about that at the end?

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I was reading a story in an (admittedly n-fic) anthology of stories strongly based on fairy and folk-tales. One of them was based on a story from the Serendipity Tales that (while a slightly baudy version) reminded me of the storyline of this episode. Basically the Maharajah trades his soul with a parrot and his vizer trades his soul into the Maharajah's body. The vizer then spends the time taking the Maharajah's wife's body. When the wife (actually the youngest of three but that's neither here nor there) recognizes that the Maharajah is not actually her husband she declares herself chaste. Eventually the parrot speaks to her and they plot to get the Maharajah's body back from the vizer. The young Maharani tricks the vizer out of the Maharajah's body and the Mahrajah takes his body back.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This episode also has the distinction of being the only one without Jimmy or Perry at all. It is also lacking Martha and Jonathan, but about half of Season 4 episodes lack them, and some episodes in all seasons lack them, so that is not such a big deal.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard