Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I liked the various villains used in these episodes. Both Vixen and the shadow man served as good physical threats to Superman, and as a big fan of Lex Luthor, I enjoyed the character of Lex Luthor, Jr.

I also liked the plotline about the possibility of Lois and Clark having kids. Seeing as how Lois and Clark had just gotten married earlier that season, I will admit that it does seem like it was a little soon to be having the discussion about children. Still, I liked the exploration of the possibility of Superman being able to have a child as well as the debate as to whether or not a couple with busy lives such as Lois and Clark were ready for children.

It's a shame that they couldn't get John Shea back one time during season four since it would ultimately be the last season of the show, but these episodes serve as a good substitute for actually having an episode or two with Lex. And, at least we did get some closure to his character in his last appearance in season three.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think these episodes would have been much better if it was Lex somehow coming back, instead of children of Lex.

The whole Lex Jr. wanting Lois was just disturbing in a new way. It would have been much less disturbing if it had been Lex, or at least differently disturbing.

When I first watched these episodes I really did not like them. I think I skipped big junks. The whole Lois falling for another man just totally disturbed me.

On my second watching I realized I had misjudged it a lot. Not only is Lois not falling for another man, but Clark does a remarkable good job of trusting her, at least up until Luckabee apologizes for making an advance on Lois in her hotel room.

Come to think of it, I am not sure it made sense that Clark did not get a message through to Lois there and talk with her. We have seen she has a cell phone in earlier episodes. So why does he not call her on her cell phone to tell her he is not coming.

I liked Lois mouthing "I love you" as she leaves to face Lex Jr., but I don't think it made any difference really. Clark knew that before she said it.

Dr. Klein with his female friend was an interesting development. So was Lois' reaction to Luckabee saying Superman had found a mate. I did think Lois was acting unreasonably jealous there.

I have to say I did not like this arc all that much, there was too little Lois and Clark together in it. However it was clearly better than the Wedding Arc. for one thing each episode closed with Lois and Clark together.

I also thought it was odd that they used the freezing breath again. Especially considering that in Season 2 we saw a drug that could simulate death, it makes no sense they ever used the freezing breath.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I also thought it was odd that they used the freezing breath again. Especially considering that in Season 2 we saw a drug that could simulate death, it makes no sense they ever used the freezing breath.
BJ thought the same thing, John, and wrote the hilarious Plot Un-twist Mostly Dead . Obviously the writers weren't paying attention.

Fics related to these episodes...hmmm... let's see. Not very many. But I was delighted to see a tiny vignette from one of my favorite authors, Sue S. She wrote Laundry Night , based on the original ending of "Voice From The Past". Great fun.

Another one of my favorite authors, VirginiaR, touches upon the events of these episodes in her sprawling, Dickensian saga of canon Lois going to the alt-world, Missing Lois . This is one of the longest fics in the Archive - when you start on your journey of reading, you'd better pack a change of socks and a basket lunch. laugh

I love that L&C fandom can inspire writers to pen fics ranging from 3 kb (Sue's) to 2757 kb (Virginia's.) It just goes to show that the gifted authors we have on this site can handle just about anything.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Another one of my favorite authors, VirginiaR, touches upon the events of these episodes in her sprawling, Dickensian saga of canon Lois going to the alt-world, Missing Lois . This is one of the longest fics in the Archive - when you start on your journey of reading, you'd better pack a change of socks and a basket lunch. laugh
clap Although, I have compared the length of my stories to Tolstoy (about all the comparison I can do to such an author). And other than the double freezing, Vixen also makes an appearance in ML.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was actually mainly thinking of how Lex Jr. shows up in ML.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just rewatched "Shadow of a Doubt" and realized that maybe the Clark going to talk to the death row inmate works. I am still less than convinced that Luckaby should have been able to get the desk clerk to not tell Lois. I also still find it odd that Lois does not carry a cell phone, since she has used one at other points. If Linda King could carry one two years before why not Lois?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I just realized something from rewatching these. In "Voice from the Past" Clark mentions he just got off the phone with Detective Henderson. So while we never see Henderson after the end of Season 1 they did not entirely write him out of the show.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I have all four seasons of LnC. Guess what, I have never watched the last five episodes of season four since they were first aired. Too painful. With these recommendations perhaps I will.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Here http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2003/clarksid.txt is what I hope is a working link to "Clark's Idea", a plot untwist where Lois and Clark decide to follow up their fun in the kitchen at the start of "Faster than a Speeding Vixen" by not going into work at all that day.

John Pack Lambert
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello John,

Umm, I don't think you posted the link you wished to post. The one you posted takes me to an article entitled, "Pope Francis Appoints Eight to Sex-Abuse Commission."

Joy,
Lynn

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have no clue how that happened. I have now changed the link in my previous post, and it should now work, I hope.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have no clue how that happened. I have now changed the link in my previous post, and it should now work, I hope.
You need to post the link as a URL. Which means your need "" to proceed the link, then a "". There should be no spaces between the first "[" and "]". Hope that helps.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard