Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I very much liked Bill Church Jr. as a villain. I believe I’ve said before that the Intergang storylines was one of my favorite villain storylines on this show, and this episode does a good job of showing why that is.

I liked the use of red kryptonite. Superman flirting with the dog walker has always amused me, and Lois’ shocked expression adds to the humor. Red kryptonite made for a nice alternative to using the green kryptonite that we’d already seen before.

Perry getting kidnapped made for an interesting plotline. I liked seeing Jimmy try to run the Daily Planet on his own, and Perry’s attempts to escape showed us a side to Perry we didn’t often see.

I also liked the scenes of Superman with the psychiatrist. There’s just something humorous about seeing Superman in such an ordinary situation as seeing a psychiatrist. I especially liked when the psychiatrist asked if his romantic rival had superpowers like him.

I think that my favorite scene, though, was the last scene where Lois agrees to go out with Clark under the conditions that he shows up on time and he doesn’t disappear. Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain really oozed chemistry during that scene.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think I was almost as frustrated with the whole Dan Scardino think as Clark was by this point.

I did like the ending with Lois and Clark flirting about their upcoming date. It was a nice reprieve from Clark being called off at the worst possible moments.

John Pack Lambert
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wave

By the way...the IRC group is viewing IR this weekend, if you'd like to join us.

Server: Undernet (any you can manage, it's been a bear lately)
Channel: #lanekent

We usually *try* to start about 8 US CST, but it's been slipping later and later a LOT. Come by and visit!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I've always had mixed feelings about the way red kryptonite was used in this episode. Traditionally, each piece of red kryptonite would affect Superman differently, and each piece could only affect him once. The effects would last for 24 hours. Here, the same piece keeps re-affecting him, and the duration of the effect seems to be related to the duration and severity of the exposure. So, it irks me a bit that it's "not right", but it's considerably more logical.

I loved Superman flirting with Tiffany/Tiffani. (I honestly can't remember... was it an i or a y?) Will Tiffani's friends believe her that Superman hit on her? I did wonder, though, why he didn't flirt with Lois more. Clark did, didn't he? Why not Superman? And he still had the presence of mind to keep his personas separate. What if he hadn't? Hmmm... story idea.

I also liked Lois's reaction to the whole thing. "Two of the three guys I'm sort of involved with are going nuts. Is it me?" That also helps explain why she doesn't connect Superman and Clark to each other because of their behavior. She's thinking of their relationships with her instead.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Irene Dutch has a fun fanfic, Taking Responsibility . Superman confesses his love for Lois Lane - in front of the bad guys!

I like Dr. Friskin as a character and I wish they'd have used her more. She's no dummy. Lynn SM pointed this out in Dr Friskin's Letter , where the good doctor figures out to whom she's actually talking.

Zoomway tells us what happens on the promised date, when Clark is there at 7:01, and 7:02... in her 12:01 .

There aren't very many episode-related fics in the Archive. I wonder if it's because of the romance - it's heating up some, but it's not all the way yet. And it's not at the "Don't fall for me, farmboy" level of Season One, where there were so many good opportunities for fanfic.

I very much liked Bill Church Jr. as a villain.
I loved Bill Church Jr. too because he was played by Bruce Campbell , my favorite B-movie actor!

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think there was another fan fic that explored the date but I do not remember what it was called.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard