Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I enjoyed the plot of everyone thinking Clark had gone off with Mayson only to find out later that he wasn’t with her. I only wish we’d heard Clark’s explanation for where he really was.

Making Superman blind was a good vulnerability to exploit. Sometimes, I hear people complain that Kryptonite being his only weakness bores them, so I always enjoy seeing a story where somebody finds a different weakness.

One of my favorite moments was Clark changing into his costume in the phone booth. It was a nice nod to the other incarnations of Superman.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is one of my favorite episodes (and it doesn't have an alt-Clark, I know!) If you look at the little things in this episode, the little actions, that Lois, Clark and Mayson each do, it shows nuances of their personalities so truly.

Take Clark, for example, never admitting defeat, never admitting that he needs help (except maybe in that call to his folks). He shows us he's as stubborn as Lois, going out as Superman, trying to help people as Superman, despite only being able to scare people off with his persona (his uniform). Did he purposely beat up Lois's apartment to prove to her that Superman would be a bad relationship? clap

I recommend MLT's "Blind (Super)Man's Bluff".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
My first thought on seeing "The Eyes Have It" as a topic here?

The Phoenix is next! The Phoenix is next!

Ahem. I must go prepare. hyper

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1 - as always - because it means I get to add another thread to the TOC. Makes my day, that does. clap

I almost expired with excitement the other day when four new threads went up at once. laugh

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, I almost forgot. wallbash This episode is almost the opposite of FlyHard in that we mostly see "Superman" not Clark. Clark's 'missing' for pretty much the entire episode, while in FlyHard Superman was 'missing' for most of the episode.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to agree with Virginia, I don't think they explainted why Lois stopped leaking information, and so that did not make sense.

Actually Clark not understanding the science involved in this episode seemed out of place with how he reacts in other episodes. It almost seems that is part of his cover.

I think we were supposed to think of Superman's actions as showing how he wanted to be independent and not as trying to drive a wedge between him and Lois.

I also was surprised Lois did not push Clark more for answers of where he had been all weekend. Especially since he was not there when his parents showed up. That should have raised a red flag with Lois.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is an episode that's been written about. LaraMoon has One Blinding Moment , which tells a little bit more of the stuff that wasn't shown.

Anne Spear has the 30-minute challenge fic, where Lois makes Clark tell her where he was that weekend, in Oh Well, I Tried . Anna Botsakou explores the same theme with No Excuse , which has a sequel, No Excuse At All . Continuing the trend of fanfic authors telling us what happened after the episode ended is Erin Klingler with Reserved For You . Sarah C. tells us the importance of pronouns in The I's Have It , where a revelation is made.

Pam Jernigan takes on a meatier topic in Blind Leading The Blind , which is a rewrite of the B-plot (and who cares about the A-plot anyway wink ).

ML Thompson posts the meatiest fic of all "Eyes Have It" fics with her Blind (Super)man's Bluff , as a previous poster noted. What if Clark/SM stayed blind? What would happen next? Don't miss it.

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have to agree with Virginia, I don't think they explainted why Lois stopped leaking information, and so that did not make sense.
Lois didn't quote every fact that had been downloaded into her, just random tidbits. IIRC somewhere in the episode they mention that the memory transfer process isn't perfected (i.e. permanent). I assumed that she "stopped leaking" because she was "empty".

It would've been a good recurring joke at least and could've been a neat plot device if they had continued to use it.

"Larry Smiley's weather ray? Don't worry about it, Clark. It won't work because his frammitz is set to the wrong frequency and will overload."

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard