Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hope you like it, FOLCs! I've been trying to write this story all week, but it wasn't working. Then this morning I trashed it all and started fresh, and now I think I've got it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
I loved it, Pam! Very sweet, very WAFFy, and just lovely.

Great to see another story from you, even if it's just a short one.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Blogger
Blogger
That was cute !! :p

Got any more?

Terry

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice story, Pam. I started suspecting she might have another identity right around the time she said she had a theory, but the way you had her "admit" who she really is was good.

Still don't know why she doesn't think he's an obsessed lunatic, though. wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Columnist
Columnist
hi Pam!!

I love this story.

Sweet , great.

I love it

Is that all? Do you have more?

Karla

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute, Pam! I liked it.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice, Pam! Like others, I saw it coming, but it was still great to see. Good explanation, WAFFy ending, everything wrapped up neatly. What's not to like?

I love her suggestion that he could go incogneto. Gee, a secret identity. Why didn't he ever think of that? wink

Fun story, Pam. smile Thanks for sharing.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just read this again, Pam, and liked it as much as I did the first time. smile If you remember, I told you early on that either this Lyn was a Mary Sue or she was Lois in disguise goofy - glad to see I was right the second time. wink

Lovely dialogue, and even nicer observations and reactions from 'Lyn'. Very cleverly done - the first person, present tense is perfect for this one. You kept it light, WAFFy and even humorous, but there's deeper emotion just simmering beneath the surface for both of them - that comes across very clearly.

Great vignette!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I really liked this Pam. It was a very different idea and one that worked very well. You had me going up until the end. So what kind of disguise was this Lois wearing and how come he couldn't see through it? Also I like the twist of Clark not recognising her for a change. Interesting. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
That wistful tone at the end really gets to me. To cover it up, I grin and say, "Well, I guess that lets out the love slave theory, then."
Superbly written. The first-person stance intensifies Lo... err Lyn's wink emotions in my imagination.

I say, Lois got what it takes to make a comeback from the Congolese jungles, all on her own, without any super help. Lovely premise. cool

goofy

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great! wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
Awwww, Sweet Story Pam! I loved the fact that "lyn" came to him. It was a great story. Hope to hear more from you. And I still demand a sequel!!

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Being that I have a very suspicious mind, I wasn't surprised about Lyn, but it was a neat twist to the theme of Alt Clark. I think a sequel would be a very good idea.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
He ponders that. "It depends on the circumstances. If she needed help, I'd help her."

"What if she didn't want your help?"
OOOH!!!!! smile1 This *is* Lois!!!!!! hyper hyper Yay!!! Now that I know it's Lois!!! hyper

"In my wildest dreams? She'd be even more wonderful than the imposter, and she'd like me enough to go out with me... maybe more, someday."
AWWWWWW!!!! smile

"Um, well... I really can't. It's, um, always such a hassle for me to eat out."
Awwww! Poor Clark! hyper (There isn't a limit on the hyper graemlin per post... you know besides the total graemlin limit... right? blush )

He grins. "In the meantime -- Lyn -- how about you and I go out to dinner?"

I grin back. "I'd like that -- Superman. I think we have a lot to talk about."
Awwwwww!!!! Great job, Pam!!!! hyper wink

D'oh! Why didn't I think to ask for a sequel too?! Well... Pam... what happens on that date? devil

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
I just loved it, Pam, incredibly WAFFY and well written.
Thanks for this,
Sil

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Hey! What just happened?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Sweet, Pam!

Like Wendy, I think the first person/present tense worked prefectly for this story (which surprised me, seeing as I usually don't like either one, especially when they're combined <g>). And I absolutely *love* how Lois decided to 'feel him out' before revealing herself. And the fact that she had a crush on him from afar certainly helped the start of their relationship. wink No trying to wear down the barriers of 'who do you think you are, trying to control...everything?'

Great job!

Bethy (who wouldn't mind a sequel, but also thinks this stands perfectly well on its own)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice, Pam. smile smile I guessed a few paragraphs before Clark did - which of course made me feel very clever and upped the enjoyment level even more laugh . Very sweet, and a lovely happy ending for altClark.

But...how dare you be nice to my number one torture victim? Don't you know the rule - that altClark is destined to be eternally unhappy? <g>

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LIke Yvonne, I guessed it a couple of paragraphs before and so feel good about my deductive powers.

This was really nice and sweet.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile1 smile1 smile1
SQUEE!!!!!! Aw, Waffyness! laugh

I have to admit, I was guessing althroughout, and by the time she revealed herself, I'd been almost convinced it *wasn't* her blush

But hey, gimme a break, I haven't had breakfast yet!

I love a good Alt Romance! love

--Mary, who will now go eat breakfast laugh

~•~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard