Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
The big thing that sticks out to me about this episode is that Lois is really upset about Clark leaving, which shows you that she really cares about Clark at this point. It was a good follow-up to “The Green, Green Glow of Home,” where we see Lois really have fun with Clark for the first time. To me, there’s no doubt about the fact that she officially considers him to be a close friend at this point, and I think that a true friendship with Clark probably started in “The Green, Green Glow of Home.”

The plot involving Lex Luthor was interesting. I think I’ve said before that he was one of my favorite villains on the show. As usual, he doesn’t disappoint me in this episode.

The way Lois acted around Superman at the Daily Planet and then later at Clark’s apartment were very well acted by Teri Hatcher. I think it is a complement to her acting that she could act like a lovesick schoolgirl at times and act tough as nails at other times. That's why I've always thought only a really good actress could do Lois justice. She's really a complicated character.

There were a lot of funny scenes in this episode. A couple of other funny moments that stood out to me in particular were Perry talking to Superman about Elvis and Lois and Cat fighting over Superman.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of the best fanfics I've read recently involving this episode is Anti-Kryptonite's "And Then There Was Light" . Don't miss this fine story.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
That was the first L&C fan fic I ever read.

The big question from this episode is why does Luthor's running a shoddy power plant not turn off Lois Lane. It should be obvious to her he is ramrodding it into place and ignoring safety. While even Clark does not have the evidence Luthor planned the problem, Lois seems to not let it affect her view of Luthor at all. That never seems right.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
The big question from this episode is why does Luthor's running a shoddy power plant not turn off Lois Lane. It should be obvious to her he is ramrodding it into place and ignoring safety. While even Clark does not have the evidence Luthor planned the problem, Lois seems to not let it affect her view of Luthor at all. That never seems right.
I agree completely. Even if you don't move "Witness" to follow this (Being that MoSB is set in Nov. and there are Christmas decorations up only in "Witness"), it makes no sense why Lois would ever agree to the date she and Lex have in PML. *Unless* she makes it in self-pity after waiting for Clark to ask her out after the events of "Witness" and he never does. Lost chances there, Clark! wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by John Lambert:
[b] The big question from this episode is why does Luthor's running a shoddy power plant not turn off Lois Lane. It should be obvious to her he is ramrodding it into place and ignoring safety. While even Clark does not have the evidence Luthor planned the problem, Lois seems to not let it affect her view of Luthor at all. That never seems right.
I agree completely. Even if you don't move "Witness" to follow this (Being that MoSB is set in Nov. and there are Christmas decorations up only in "Witness"), it makes no sense why Lois would ever agree to the date she and Lex have in PML. *Unless* she makes it in self-pity after waiting for Clark to ask her out after the events of "Witness" and he never does. Lost chances there, Clark! wink [/b]
I always believed the "date" was Lois's way of wheedling information about him that would lead to her "groundbreaking" interview and that's why she accepted the date at all in PML. Business before pleasure is still the rule of the day for her (even if mixing business with pleasure is even better when it comes to Clark.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I always believed the "date" was Lois's way of wheedling information about him that would lead to her "groundbreaking" interview and that's why she accepted the date at all in PML. Business before pleasure is still the rule of the day for her (even if mixing business with pleasure is even better when it comes to Clark.)
Ah, so it's a date for Lex, but another "interview" for Lois, which is why she accepts while strung out on Revenge. Got it! thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The witness break, Lois thinking it is an interview makes sense. I still am one of those people who does not think Lois agreeing to marry Lex made sense, but her backing out at the altar is only questionable because she seems to suggest to her mother she thinks it is too late.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard