Lois and Clark stood in the darkened street near her apartment.

“Can you get us up to my place aerially?”

“Neighbor avoidance?”

“Heck yeah.”

“Sure thing.”

He moved over to her and put his arm around her waist. Their intimacy had all but cured her of any apprehension towards flying with him, and the rapid beating of her heart was due mostly to how he made he feel when he was touching her like this.

“Ready?”

The slight roughness to his voice told her he felt the same way.

“Like this? You aren't going to change?”

“I don't need to. It's just up there.”

“Okay.”

He caught a note of disappointment in her voice and was surprised. “Did you want me to?”

“Well. Seeing you in that outfit is pretty sexy. The way it really… showcases your… um… assets.”

“Oh. Well – if you put it that way,” he said backing away from her a few steps. Moments later, Superman stood in front of her. He eyed her carefully and warily to see if his switchover was upsetting her in any way. “This okay?”

“Yeah,” she said, a dreamy quality to her voice as she really took the time to appreciate how magnificent he looked like that. The conquering hero. But more the hero than the conqueror. Except of course where my heart is concerned.

“You sure?”

“Yes! Take me home, Clark!”

He grinned at her. He loved that she called him Clark when he was like this. He stepped into her space again and wrapped a careful arm around her waist, this time more aware that she might possibly have a panic attack. Tightening his hold as gently as he could, he lifted off. She rewarded his efforts by leaning into him, letting him know without words that she was enjoying herself.

Within seconds they were on her balcony. He released her reluctantly and looked into her eyes lovingly.

“I should go so you can get some sleep.”

“No… please. Please come in – just a little while longer… please… pretty please? Just for coffee?”

“Lois – aren't you tired? You were yawning in the car.”

“Yes. I am – but I don't want this evening to end yet. Please?”

“I can't say no to you!”

“Good! I hope that continues to be a problem. Come on,” she said, tugging on his hand, knowing that he would come where she beckoned.

“Wait – let me just change…”

“No… please – stay like this?”

“I –“

“I know – you're more comfortable in your street clothes. Humor me a bit though?”

“Uh… sure. Lois. Whatever you want.”

“Do you want some coffee?”

“No. I had enough at Perry's.”

“Good. I was just being polite about the coffee anyway.”

“Oh, you were, were you?”

“Yeah,” she said, as she stepped close to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “This is really what I had in mind,” she whispered as she pulled him down to meet her in a kiss.

“Come on,” she said, tugging him towards the sofa.

He followed her there willingly. But before she could sit down and pull him down with her he pulled gently on her hand so she would turn and face him.

“What's wrong,” she asked, knowing full well what was troubling him.

“Why?”

“Why… why what?”

“This. The suit… I know that sometimes seeing me like this is a trigger because I look more Kryptonian,” he said, wincing on the word.

“You are a Kryptonian. Earth clothes don't change that,” she said intensely. “And I love you. This Earth woman loves this Kryptonian man.”

“Wow,” he breathed out. “That…”

“I know.”

“Still… I – I feel kind of awkward here like this – and I can't help worrying that I'll remind you of him... dressed like this..."

“Can we sit? I'm tired and I need to give my legs a break.”

“Sure,” he agreed instantly.

She dropped down to the couch, as did he. She spent long moments staring at their hands, still intertwined. After a beat, she looked up at him earnestly.

“Clark… sometimes you do remind me of him – more times than I ever let on. Sometimes I get a little nervous – and then it's gone. It'll be something you say, or how you'll stand… or move… or an inflection in your voice, or anything… an expression on your face – and then – it's gone, and I don't see it anymore… it's okay – it's normal, and it really isn't stopping me from wanting to be with you – in any sense of the word. You are Clark. You are also Kal-El. No - don't flinch like that. Don't look away – don't run from the truth and don't feel guilty. Kal-El is not my enemy. Lord Kal-EL – a different story… I'm sure right now there are an infinite number of Lord Kal-El's who I might like. And whatever. Who cares? I love you, no matter what you call yourself or what you wear. When it comes right down to it… this Earth woman wants very much to make out with this Kryptonian man. Now.”

He was silent for a while. And then he lifted his free hand to gently stroke her face. Her expression was open and trusting and she didn't even hint at flinching from a gesture that very well could have been a precursor to a harsh blow.

“This Kryptonian man loves this Earth woman,” he said, his voice deeper now with emotion. “And also would like to make out with her… with you… even if it means wearing this crazy getup.”

She had been transfixed by what he said. His reference to himself in that fashion touched her deeply.

“Then this earth woman can't help but wonder… what the heck is stopping you.”

He smiled at her, a gleam growing in his eyes – of desire, love – intent… and he leaned down into her space and claimed her lips in a kiss that threatened to knock her socks off… if she was wearing socks, which she wasn't.

After a few long moments of this most incredible kiss, they broke apart.

“Besides,” she threw in huskily. “Crazy… yeah, but definitely sexy. I'm right now actively living the fantasy of countless women…”

“Oh come on,” he said with a smile.

“You can just hear them imagining it in their minds… their fingertips trailing along your taut spandex covered muscles… your eyes burning with a fierce yet heroic intensity. Your touch so gentle belying the true power that lies latent within you which you can unleash with deadly force against an asteroid, or control to hold a woman passionately in your –“ she squealed as he gripped her arms and pulled her unceremoniously close to him, covering her lips with his, and she gasped out the final word… “arms!”

He kissed her hard, but there was also such love and tenderness, and playful joy. She sighed deeply in her throat as she let her hands play against his chest. She started to giggle, and he let her go.

“Lois,” he said with playful warning.

“Being naughty, I know,” she said with a sparkle in her eyes. “But I couldn't help but think how taut your muscles were under this this thing.”

He leaned in again, kissing her again, unable to resist this side of her. His arms snaked around her waist and pulled her close in against him. She surprised him by leaning back, and pulling him back and down so he was half covering her. Enjoying the increased contact with her bewitching body, he didn't argue – he kept kissing her, running a gentle hand up and down the side of her body – trying to urge her on to higher need without going too far and making her nervous.

She made a rumbling sound of pleasure in her throat, telling him all he needed to know.

The phone rang.

Clark stopped kissing her, and eased off a bit.

“Clark, whoever it is can wait.”

“But –“

“You ignored your phone call the other day. The machine will take it. Come on… where were we?” She smiled at him so invitingly that he forgot completely about the phone call. Before he could react, Lois's mother's voice was heard leaving a message on the machine.

“Oh god,” she groaned.

“You want to take that?”

“No.. No, but I should. It's probably important. Usually she's in bed by now. She probably has been waiting for me to get home so she can tell me something important. I'd better talk to her.”

“And I'd better leave.”

“No, No – Clark – please don't feel like – “

“You look really tired, Lois.” He leaned forward and kissed her again. “This has been great. Really great. And I don't want it to end either… but your mom is working hard on making it possible for us to put an end to these end-of-the-day separations.”

“Okay. You're right… you're right… I… I won't see you until Lana's wedding day, really. Mom and I are getting together to get a lot of this wedding stuff done. Are you sure you don't want to join us?”

“Do you want me to?”

She laughed aloud at the undisguised look of trepidation in his eyes.

“What if I say yes?”

“Then I'll be here.”

“Clark – It's okay. My mom's been ready to do this kind of thing since the doctor told her it was a girl. I know she wants this to be women only – and… that's okay, I guess, even if I do think that men should have as much to do with this kind of thing as the women.”

“But anything to please your mom, right?”

“That's right – so you got off lucky this time. But don't get too comfortable – you're time will come. I'm sure we'll have need of you soon enough.”

“You know, I don't mind – and if it were just us doing this – but… you know – I guess I still kind of find your parents a little scary.”

“Why?”

“Because – they are your parents. And above all else, they want you to be happy. And there's always that hidden implication that should you fail to be happy… well…”

“Dad will go out and start melting Kryptonite bullets to put in his shot gun? Don't worry. I'll keep you safe, just like I did the last time.”

He grinned at her.

“I'm counting on it.”

“Then kiss me, and say good bye.”

[tbc]

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence