Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19473 01/26/05 09:33 PM
Joey Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
smile That was the last chapter. Thank you to everybody who posted feedback. thumbsup

#19474 01/27/05 04:59 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Woohooo!!! party

We´re finished! Joey, congrats on your story. I loved it from the beginning to the end.

Reading for you was pleasure. Let me know when you are ready for the continuation wink

Congrats again! laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#19475 01/27/05 06:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. help I will like to see more of Lois and Clark family adapting to Metropolis life.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#19476 01/27/05 03:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good ending Joey. Lsura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#19477 01/27/05 03:58 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
It was a good story. But:

(I know, you could see that coming a mile away.)

Their reconciliation happened pretty fast, didn't it? I mean, here's Clark with all this emotional baggage - the kind of baggage that doesn't disappear after six weeks of therapy - and now Lois is willing to move back to Metropolis with her kids and live with him? I think they should have talked it over more, maybe gone to some joint sessions with Dr. Friskin, worked through some of their residual anger (with each other and with their respective situations), and maybe THEN consolidated the move.

The problem some people have with fan fiction (I'm not one of them, mind you) is that the ending is pretty much pre-determined. In this story, we all knew Clark and Lois would get back together, but it's the author's challenge to make it hard, make it look like it's not going to happen. It would have been easy to add some scenes with Paul, maybe even one where late one evening Paul shows up unannounced on Clark's doorstep and finds Natasha there working on a story with Clark. We know it's innocent, but Paul doesn't, and he threatens Clark and Natasha jumps in to defend him and convinces Paul that she and Clark do have something going on.

But don't get me wrong! I liked the story, and your courage in tackling a touchy subject like PTSD is laudable. I didn't like the part where Clark scared Lois (because I don't like women being hurt), but it does belong in the narrative and it's a natural development in the plot. I seem to recall that this is your first stab at fanfic, and you did a good job with it. Keep it up! I expect to see more good things from your word processor, and soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#19478 01/27/05 08:30 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

That was a nice ending, but I also thought that you wrapped it up too fast.

I'd liked to have seen Clark talking his problems out with Lois more. Perhaps telling her a little more of what happened on New Kryton.

I felt that Clark sorted out his problem alone, with just the help of Dr Friskin, but we just learned about that from the narrative. I think at least one scene with Clark and Dr Friskin would have been good.

I also wished that we could have seen a little more input from Lois... or perhaps Martha in helping him come to terms with his problems.

But on the whole, I enjoyed your story. Hope to see a sequel. smile

Yours Jenni

#19479 01/27/05 09:13 PM
Joey Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I think you're both right - I could have filled out the ending a lot more. To be honest, I just wanted to get the story finished. I wasn't particulary happy with it and I didn't want to drag out the depressing stuff for much longer.

I much prefer reading other people fics!!!!

I appreciate all your comments. They have given me food for thought.

Thanks JLT smile1

#19480 01/28/05 01:29 PM
Columnist
Columnist
hi

great end but, yes, FAST!!!!! eek

Hope to read more of your stories.

Karla

#19481 01/28/05 07:56 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Joey,

I know what you mean about endings of stories. There is always a tendency to rush things.

Maybe it's because you just want to see 'The End' on a story. I know because it often happens to me.

And as this was a difficult subject to tackle, with lots of 'dark' moods going on, I do understand why you'd want to get through the depressing parts.

However, Clark talking about his problems, wouldn't have had to be depressing. Perhaps he would have felt less stressed and closer to Lois, if he'd talked more to her.

I'm sure Lois would have felt happier too, not to be shut out.

I get the impression from your last post that you might not be thinking of writing again, and that would be a shame.

It's good to see new writers in our fandom. Please continue.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard