Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#194334 05/12/11 06:58 AM
S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
There seem to be inconsistancies when it comes to Kryptonite. We first see it in "The Green, Green Glow of Home". Lead protects Superman from the substance, along with being farther away from it. Yet as I watched the episode, Clark seemed to improve when it was still nearby.

In the fourth season episode "Lethal Weapon" with red kryptonite, Clark's recovery time varies widely. At one point, days later he was having trouble, while at the end of the episode he seemed to recover in moments.

Now,I've only been able to watch the whole series once(Pathetic, I know blush ) so if I'm remembering wrong don't hesitate to tell me.

Joan

#194335 05/12/11 04:41 PM
Columnist
Columnist
while at the end of the episode he seemed to recover in moments.
At the end he was shot with a Kryptonite bullet that left a little cut for a moment. The green counteracted the red and set him right again. thumbsup

SQD

#194336 05/13/11 07:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lynn S. M.
Why does he only ever hear one cry for help at a time, and those only at the most inopportune moments? Surely in a city the size of Metropolis, there would be bound to be multiple crimes and other disasters taking place at almost any given time. Superman's presence would help deter crimes, of course, but Lois had had to copy with simultaneous disasters during her brief stint as Ultra Woman; why did Clark never have to?
This was never dealt with in L&C, but it actually was recently addressed in last week's episode of Smallville, where they had an UltraWoman-type episode, Prophecy. Basically it's triage, or super-triage, if you will. smile So first Clark hears those cries of those most important to him, and he decides who needs rescuing based on who is in the most danger. In the Smallville ep, for example, Lois is about to super-speed off somewhere to help someone while trying to listen in on criminals for their current story. Clark explains that help is just around the corner and that the family will be okay. Now, I am two minds about this-- I think a fire is more important than trying to overhear a plot cooked up by some criminals, but I can see the basic idea. Clark can only do so much, so he has to pick his battles. smile As for the hearing at inopportune moments, well you'll have to blame the writers for that since obviously it's a plot device! wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#194337 05/13/11 08:01 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Good point about the triage, MozartMaid.

I must be forgetting my own stories. I dealt with exactly this issue in "Little Boy Blue".

But I think it would have made for an excellent early episode...Pre-Superman Clark must have tuned out almost all cries for help, and post-Superman Clark must have had an adjustment period in which he learned to fine-tune his hearing for cries of help. That adjustment period had to have been a difficult one.

And as for inopportune moments -- maybe Lois was right and, at least subconsciously, he did have a fear of commitment and he therefore opened his hearing more in emotion-laden situations. <Lynn ducks from the rotten tomatoes and other foods being hurled at her.>; I was kidding. No, really -- I was *KIDDING*! wink

Joy,
Lynn

#194338 05/20/11 12:06 PM
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
There's a fanfic in which Clark has to rescue his own daughter. Since she doesn't know CK=S, he rescues her from behind so she doesn't see his face. But the clever girl recognizes Dad by his hands. Wouldn't you? I'd certainly know my husband's hands even if the rest of him were hidden.
My father is missing a little bit of right hand ring finger from a lawn mowing accident. I'd totally recognize them. XD

Seriously though, I'd have to say that a consistent part of the show that always made me cringe was probably the end of almost every episode in the first season. Lois would say something silly or ironic or cheesy to Clark and he would just laugh and shake his head and a little piano jingle in the back ground would go off. Ohh silly Lois.

I'm not sure why but that just grate on my nerves hardcore every time. I'm pretty sure they confined it to the first season or at least the very first part of the series because I recall being less angry as the show went on.

#194339 05/20/11 12:20 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Mikura,

Welcome to the message board!

It seems we have something in common beyond a love for L&C -- my father lost part of his right index finger to a lawn mower.

Joy,
Lynn

#194340 05/20/11 12:34 PM
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Wow thank you very much for the welcome.

I'm actually something of a recent fan to the show. I just hope not to make a fool of myself with my lack of knowledge.

Hope to see you around. smile

#194341 05/20/11 12:40 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Mikura,

Relax -- This is a very friendly and welcoming group. smile

As you can see from the bottom of my posts, I've been here less than a year and a half myself, and I well remember my newbie days. My experience has been that the FoLCs (Fans of Lois & Clark) here are very forgiving of newbie errors.

Joy,
Lynn

#194342 10/28/11 04:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Olive:
And another thing that just came to my mind. On the Pilot when Lois goes aboard the colonist's transport against Perry's orders, how did she expect to come back to Earth?
I always wondered about that. Would she live with the colonists? Or would the shuttle be more like a plane and come immediately back to Earth after dropping the colonists off on the space station? I have no idea.
I was just thinking the same thing. Superman flew her up to the space station because Cat mentions the 'mile-high club'. So, how DID she get back to Earth from space. Did she get a spacesuit? Did Superman kiss her the entire flight back into atmosphere, so she didn't suffocate? Is that why she's so starry eyed when he flies her into the Planet? laugh

What you forgot to mention was the "tool" that Lois conveniently finds to help her damage the wires and stop the countdown. Good thing there was a bomb! I mean that tool floating around during take-off would surely have killed her or damaged something as well.

Edit: I almost forgot. It's strange that no one in Metropolis even noted that 'The Invisable Man' and "Resplendant Man" were identicial twins separated at birth (or played by the same actor). It also annoyed me when someone described RM as a 'young man' when he was obviously OLDER than Lois and Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194343 10/28/11 04:45 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh I love this thread! There were some legit cheesy lines in the show that both irk me and make me wish I had a Clark Kent.

For instance, in the S4 Christmas episode when Lois says how she can finally see things through Clark's eyes & he's all "Well then you're the lucky one 'cause I'm looking at you." I was like looking for a bottle wine to pair with that cheese while also plotting the perfect break up because my then current significant other just wasn't "Clark enough" for me.

The other thing was Lois' personality change as mentioned by a few other people. I loved that in Stop The Presses we saw, what I like to call, 'Classic Lois' again. The scene where Perry says he picked her and, even after she & Clark said nothing would change etc etc, she's "YES!... I mean... wow!" You don't get to see Lois' competitiveness as much in the later seasons, but that scene makes me feel much better about all of her corny changes.

I spent 11 months of last year on bed rest/in & out of the hospital & rather than working on my learn-at-home courses to get my high school diploma, I watched all four seasons on DVD.... over and over and over and over. Literally, from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed, so I picked the entire series apart with all the annoying outfits, cheesy lines, and Clark's mullet hair in the first season, but it was filmed in the early 90s, so I think we can give it a break. That decade was cruel to a lot of people in terms of fashion.

On a side note, the show's annoying things are a lot funnier while you're on a morphine drip!

.talk nerdy to me.
#194344 10/28/11 05:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I watched all four seasons on DVD.... over and over and over and over.
Oh, good. Now I know who to contact when I'm too lazy to look something up. laugh

#194345 10/29/11 06:27 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
I watched all four seasons on DVD.... over and over and over and over.
Oh, good. Now I know who to contact when I'm too lazy to look something up. laugh
Haha! Absolutely!

.talk nerdy to me.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard