Next Thread
Print Thread
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
This story won't give me peace, so I wrote all that was rumbling in my head.

Since I make you all wait for real life events to allow me the chance to write, I feel i should give you what i've got, when I've got it.

This should be it for a week or so.

Leela

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks Leela! I'm really enjoying this story! smile1 smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm away from the boards for two days and then I log in and find that three parts of this wonderful story have been posted. For a moment I wondered if I had died and gone to heaven, but then I saw that Part 7 of "Purgatory" was up too, so maybe not...

Leela, I got sucked into this story the minute I started reading it. The amazing twist that you've put on the alt-universe shown in that L&C episode and the agony that both Clark and Lois have been going through. I'm tremendously impressed at how, little by little, I've seen Lois' attitude towards Clark changing. And for me it's very believable - at one point, not so long ago, I never would have thought that possible. Maybe there is actually hope there after all... sloppy

I'm glad that Lois can talk about all this with Lana. Some good points being raised during this discussion. I like the part about soul mates... wink

Whenever you're able to post more, you've got readers here waiting. Trust me.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Columnist
Columnist
I was thrilled to see this today! And I can't wait to see what Lois means by NOW! clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, good conversation. Lois really has come a long way already, even if she doesn't think so. And I think I know why she misses Clark, but she won't want to hear it from me anymore than she did from Lana wink

But... okay, you've got them so much closer and on such better terms (I always knew you could do it) ... but there are still some pretty big problems to solve. frown

I'll try to wait a whole week, but it ain't gonna be easy wink And thanks for posting this here, so it's conveniently located <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great piece. thumbsup

Love Lois and Lana conversation. clap

Lois fretted. It's been two months, and no Superman sightings. Doesn't he realize that Metropolis will revert to being a hotbed of crime if he's not around to save the day? Not that it's really happened - it seems as if people are really trying to put their best face forward in wake of what nearly happened. A little too close to meeting our maker, I guess. Or maybe something different. Maybe they were inspired by his sacrifice, and his near death.
confused Two month with out seeing him?

She also felt a vague sense of unease whenever she saw pictures of him, often in the company of the world's rich, powerful and beautiful. For wherever he was, they were sure to flock. The paparazzi had been having a field day, getting pictures of him with beautiful super-models flocking around him, and various rumors of various love affairs had been beginning to surface. Worse yet, some of these women weren't really denying their veracity. Whether they enjoyed having the tag of "Superman's girlfriend" or whether they really were dating him - who was to know? He wasn't encumbered in any committed relationship, so what would really stop him from taking what was likely so freely and joyfully offered? It’s not like I ever offered him anything.
eek Didn't she said "two months and no Superman sighting. It's not like Clark to neglect his Superman duty.

"How do you tank you'll go from point A, which is now, to point B, which is the person you want to be. The one who can get close."
blush Tank or think?

Beautiful.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It's nice to see that patience ISN'T one of the virtues that Lois has gained since coming back home.

Good couch chat with Lana.

Since we probably can't wait a week for more, you'll just have to put your RL on hold and write some more.

Tank (who says spending quality time with the family over the holiday weekend is really overated)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh wow. I'm caught up LOL. I think I just spent 2 hours reading, and I am so impressed! It's one big angst fest so I doubt if I could survive reading it more than once without having a breakdown next to the ficus, but this is one of the most fabulous stories I've ever read. I'm glad you started posting a few parts over here, or else I wouldn't have come across it!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Leela

Yay, another fantastic part! smile1

Lois and Lana's conversation is excellent. Extremely well-written! Lois has come such a long way! clap

I'm enjoying this immensely and can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Another solid section, but you've spoiled us...I want to know what happens next!!! :p

Really, though, we'll all be eagerly anticipating the next segment of this story!

Rac

Features Writer
Features Writer
Leela,
Sorry I got behind
just read 34&35
great part
great talk with Lana
more
quickly - I know - a week
merry

L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
A great many thanks to you all for your wonderful and encouraging feedback.

I am workign on thinking up where this story is going, but alas, the insights are not coming as i'd like.

It's very important for me for the story to flow in a believeble direction (and at a believeable pace), and your comments in that area have been very helpful and motivating.

Still hoping to have a friday post, but I have to have something worth posting!!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really need to stop reading comments folders for stories I haven't started yet, laugh but I'm so intrigued by this one and drooling with anticipation to read it, I can't help myself. <G>

Any idea how many posts you have to go, Leela? I might have to cave in shortly and go trawling through to find all the other posts. help I can't stand the suspense much longer.

Unless...you wouldn't happen to take pity on me and mail me the story to date as posted? /me puts on pleading puppydog eyes Please?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Lab,

I don't have it - it's just on the boards. I'm sorry. I should be compiling it together somewhere, but that's how it stands.

I know i'm lax with keeping it's toc up to date too - I need to find time to do that, but really - I have less than 20-30 minutes a day to surf in peace, and whenI do that, i infringe on my workout time (really busy point in my life. Once my youngest can sleep alone, I will gain a whole new dimension to life, but that may take a year or so..)

I will work at getting that toc up to date after I crank out that next chapter.

I don't know how long this story will take - it's kind of writing itself, truth be told ...

L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I posted a link to my TOC on zoomway's board, which I just updated.

I do can't double post the entire story - really don't have the time cycles. So I hope this is okay with you all (posting links to a different board).

Here's the link

TOC

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Leela smile We don't mind links to another board, and in fact you're not the only one <g>

And, you could ask for a little help with the techie side of things -- I know there are some volunteers who comb through the archives and create/update TOCs for busy authors smile Though it seems a moot point now smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard