Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Can't believe I never posted to this...

The moment that hooked me... well, it took me a while, honestly. See, I'd seen parts of it ever since the pilot, 'cause my husband liked it, and he was working nights, so if I remembered, I taped it for him. I thought the pilot was fun. But then I saw the end of SV and was crushed when Clark's spaceship had disappeared again, and I thought, nope, not gonna get involved in the angst! Saw bits of the rest of 1st season. Saw most of The Eyes Have It, which I really enjoyed, but then I saw the preview for the next episode, which had Lex Luthor back from the dead, which just seemed *so* cliche. :rolleyes:

The next time I saw it, I was just channel-surfing and came across it near the end of Tempus Fugitive. Clark was leaning against a tree, as Clark, using superpowers, going invisible, while Lois was beating somebody up. Great banter with Tempus and Wells. But then I saw that Lois knew that CK=S. goofy ) and was writing my first (very short) story within two months ( Getting Away from it All , if you're curious). Luckily, I met Chris Mulder, who had every episode on tape, and was kind (or crazy wink ) enough to invite me over to watch them all. L&C 101, she called it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
I thought I had answered this a long time ago, but I don't see my post. Maybe it was another thread. So, here's my story:

I was visiting my parents house and they were watching TV when I walked in the room. I had no idea what the show was. There was a very good looking actor who I'd never seen before, with his fingers crossed behind his back, talking to a woman and telling her that he was *not* in love. It was so obvious he was head-over-heels, and I was hooked. Unfortunately, we didn't have cable TV back then, so when I got back home I couldn't watch the show. I had to wait until years later, when we finally had cable and I could watch the reruns on TNT.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Where does one start. Superman has always been a favorite of mine. I grew up reading the comics and watching the cartoons on Saturday morning.

I loved the Richard Donner Superman movie although I didn't like any of the rest of that series.

I watched the premier when it was first shown and loved it immediately. I watched every episode for all of seasons 1 and 2. During S3 I was on a lot of business travel and couldn't watch as regularly. About the time of the clone/amnesia series, got so frustrated that I stopped making the effort to watch the show. I didn't even watch S4.

Last year I was looking around on NetFlix for something to watch and LNC popped up on one of my searches. I decided to try it and very quickly remembered how much I had loved the show. Thanks to the power of having all of the DVDs in hand, I was able to burn through the dreaded clone/amnesia section in one evening. I didn't even make it to S4 on NetFlix. By the time I reached the end of S3 I had purchased the entire DVD series to have at home.

So I guess the answer is that I fell for LNC twice. Once at the very beginning and once again (much worse the 2nd time smile ) in early 2008 thanks to DVDs.

Bob

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I started watching because it was on after something on TNT - CHiPs maybe? - that I'd watched as a kid. The teaser narrator guy said something about Superman getting married next so I taped it as I left the house. Watched it and then the next ep and so on. I remembered talking with someone about the 'feasibility' of Superman actually being 'not patient' wink anymore and how 'unrealistic' that was when the show was actually on. I don't know if it was the clone argh wedding or the actual wedding though.

Anyway - I taped it everyday after that. That was in November. Sometime in... Jan or so I was googling around and found the archive and the rest, as they say, is history.

Carol

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
I actually fell for the fanfic first. The show originally aired during my non-TV days (small kids, time-sucking job, harried husband, weird hours) but I heard about that it was 'fun.' Years later I read a Beauty and the Beast crossover by Becky Bain which was terrific. I wandered over to the Archive, was blown away by Labrat's Masques, and ordered the first season DVD. The pilot was wonderful and I loved every second of it and most especially the notion that Clark had a backbone. And the humor. And the sexiness. The moment I was hooked? Hmm... "You like to be on top. Got it." or maybe it was "One thing's for sure. No one will be looking at your face." followed by Clark's drawn out "Mom." or maybe it was Clark in a towel...

K
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
K
ever since i can remember. coming home on a saturday thiking its superman time

"Oh no Lois don't. I may throw up!"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, so I'm really, really late answering this, but I've just gotta chime in.

Honestly, I was hooked the moment I heard that Teri Hatcher was cast as Lois... but the moment in the show that *really* had me hooked: "You like to be on top. Got it." Finally, an assertive Clark (who was also really, really sexy) and chemistry that practically set my screen on fire! I was a goner!

And now, here I am, over fifteen years later, still incredibly hooked on the show. This one really is my all-time favorite tv series ever. Long live Lois and Clark!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
When I first laid eyes on Dean Cain? wink I've always been a Superman fan. Growing up I loved Superman 2. I wasn't till I got older that the ending really bugged me. I loved Christopher Reeve and felt he was Superman. Then Dean came along and for the first time, in my opinion, brought the true hero, Clark Kent to life. I also very much enjoyed getting to know Martha and Jonathan. I wish we had seen more of them and Clark's backstory.

Mona

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, the first episode I saw of Lois and Clark was Its A small world after all...It was when TNT was still doing the re-runs...I thought it was funny the 'shrinking Superman' idea and I loved the chemistry between Lois and Clark. I liked that fact that Superman's flaws were being shown as well as Lois'....Even Superman's not perfect...

It made Superman more ...real to me and I was hooked...Of course ogling Dean in the shower didn't hurt either...lol..

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Given my age 18 years soon 19, I knew Lois and Clark when I was 5,6 years , I remember having liked the series but I was too small to be really interested in relation between the characters or in so sexy Dean Cain!

But I rediscovered the series in September, 2007 by surfing on the net, and there I saw again all the episodes of the four seasons, and I fell for Dea ... hum, I want to say the series! Lol Then I began to be interested in the universe of the series and in the character of Superman and so I discovered fanfics.

I read at first some rare which had been translated into French, and yes English is not really my mother tongue. I still have difficulty to explain to me clearly, also forgive me the faults which I could make, I do my best! Poor french am I ! wink
But I babble, thus later I began to look for other sites, for other fans, I found on Youtube there where I discovered the videos on our amazing and so cute couple and finally this site as well as annesplace.net, zoomway or LnC fan archive!

I am happy to know you, FOLCs!

Yours, Hannah.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard