#19127 12/30/04 02:54 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with Maria, Wanda - while Clark had no choice but to leave Lois when he did, frown he has to tell her now. Otherwise he'll be responsible for making her much, much worse. sad

Hurry up and post more!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lois's reaction is very consistent with what I've read about and observed myself in women who've been abused, whether it's to the extent that Lois almost experienced or long-term psychological abuse. Clark MUST share his secret with her now. If he doesn't, he will cause even more serious damage. The worst thing for her to think is what she's thinking now, that she's somehow damaged and therefore less than worthy of being loved.

Wanda, you have captured Lois's pain, confusion, and self-blame very well. This is a powerful piece, and I'm sure you'll resolve it with tact and honesty.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ugh! That's all I have to say about Clark and his secret. Poor Lois. If Clark doesn't come clean about his secret.../me hunts around for that ole ClueX4...

JD
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've been following this story all along and have to say that I've been enjoying the ride.

I must say that even though women who've experienced the type of trauma that Lois often have their logical thinking skewed by the experience, I'm having a little trouble with Lois thinking that Clark has rejected her because she's somehow now unclean.

First, she was lucky, and hadn't actually been raped. Assaulted, yes, but not raped. So, technically, she hasn't been 'soiled'. Also, since Clark initiated all the 'romantic' stuff after the incident, and with full knowledge of it, it's hard to conclude that her assault would have been a component of his running off. After all, it's not like he just found out after asking her out and making his move.

This is a complicated situation, and I agree with everyone else that Clark's actions can only make it worse.

Looking forward to more.

Tank (who can't imagine anyone being able to think that a victim of a violent crime was somehow made less by the incident)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wanda

An excellent part! smile1 Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Aaaaww frown That was bad!! grumble

Now he has to tell her the truth!!! hyper
Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard