Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#190768 02/25/08 02:08 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I know that we have scripts, but has anyone thought about making actual transcripts of the shows?

Most times, the scripts come really close to what the episodes have in them, but sometimes they are radically different.

Just wondering.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#190769 02/25/08 03:18 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There are some transcripts out there already from way back, James. Done by...Sarah...someone. I think they were hosted on Pam's website. Yup, here they are:

Sarah Wood\'s Episode Transcripts

By no means complete, as you can see, but they're certainly a start.

BTW, if anyone is googling for LNC transcripts do be wary. Some of the sites claiming to host them are less than kosher. I'd avoid TwizTV for a start! laugh It crashed my pc after trying to transfer 'the transcript' from William Hill's betting website. razz

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#190770 02/25/08 04:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'd avoid TwizTV for a start! It crashed my pc after trying to transfer 'the transcript' from William Hill's betting website.
Yikes! I've accessed that site at work before. Thanks for the heads up!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#190771 08/20/08 09:22 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Labby!

Sorry for not responding to this one earlier.

James

#190772 08/20/08 09:58 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, I'd actually quite like to do this. Perhaps do the ones that Sarah never got around to. Can't promise anything, but I'll check it out and see whether I have the resources for it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#190773 08/20/08 10:38 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As to TwizTV. I doubt that site is bogus or malicious. Just perhaps a bad reaction of Internet Explorer and the site's javascript. They host too many show-transcripts for that. And they do come from volunteers, so the site has to be genuine in order to attract the help it needs.

Anyway, no problems with Firefox and the zips are most definitely clean. Just checked the LnC stuff. And they're just the Episode Scripts as hosted here, too. So much for transcripts, then.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#190774 08/20/08 11:22 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree that It be nice to have them and the ones I have checked out that are posted on this site how shown drastic differences.

I would to like to do this, just don't know how far I would get or how to go about doing so...

Being grown-up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives, the only thing that matters is just following your heart and eventually you'll finally get it right! ~Ataris
#190775 08/20/08 01:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've begun a TOC for Transcript links here . I've started it with links to Sarah Wood's S1 episodes and I'll begin adding to it over the next few days or so.

From there we'll go on to the other seasons, bit by bit until we have them all in one place. So if anyone is intending to transcribe an episode, drop me a line and let me know which ones you're doing, to avoid duplication. I'll be looking to have at least episodes 106 and 107 done by the end of the week (or weekend. Not sure how long each one will take, so that ETA might drift a bit until I do the first couple and work it out.)

I've stickied the TOC to the top of the FP folder, so that it can be easily found and links to it will be included at the top of each new episode transcript post.

This is going to be fun. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190776 08/20/08 02:18 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Has anyone mentioned lately that you rock, Labby?

Carol [who has the text for the chocolate/rocky road convo done if whoever does T: JO wants it - not much but... wink ]

#190777 08/20/08 03:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww. Actually, it's purely selfish. laugh It's going to be way too much fun to do. Firstly, because it's the kind of thing I used to love doing and, secondly, because since I haven't been writing for...well, forever...it's going to be fun to just sit down for a few solid hours and do nothing but type. Haven't had the chance to do that for years!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190778 08/20/08 03:35 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I tried to open the transcripts and I got an archieve damaged error from the site.

Anyone else gotten them to open?

#190779 08/20/08 03:44 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
Awwww. Actually, it's purely selfish. laugh It's going to be way too much fun to do. Firstly, because it's the kind of thing I used to love doing and, secondly, because since I haven't been writing for...well, forever...it's going to be fun to just sit down for a few solid hours and do nothing but type. Haven't had the chance to do that for years!

LabRat smile
Plus the fact that you can shamelessly watch your favorite scenes over and over...and over....and over, just to get it right.

#190780 08/20/08 03:48 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
And maybe the fic bug will bite again?

Hey a girl can dream wink .

Carol

Edit:
I tried to open the transcripts and I got an archieve damaged error from the site.

Anyone else gotten them to open?
I just tried the pilot from Labby's TOC and it worked fine for me.

#190781 08/20/08 04:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great idea! I'm all for resources in one place. The TOC worked fine for me. I dl Sarah transcripts before, so it will be nice to have something new.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#190782 08/20/08 07:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I didn't have any problems opening the transcripts cp33, but I did find they are somewhat hard to read because of the way they are formatted.

Yes, Labby you ROCK!! [Linked Image]

I had an idea about a story (which I never did) and did a transcript for the first part of "The Rival". This part isn't in the script - it only says, "Bo Jackson and Clark scene as shot." Anyway, if anyone wants to do the rest of that ep, you are welcome to the transcript. Or if you want partial transcripts, Labby, I can get it to you. But I guess it would have to be posted somewhere (here?) since I don't have my own website.

Hmm.. There's also a transcript somewhere on the web for BGDF. I think I have that on my hard drive - or maybe it's on the other computer.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#190783 08/21/08 01:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, whoa. I hadn't looked at Sarah's transcripts, but I was intending to use her format as a template for mine. I've just opened up her transcript for the pilot and these are WAY more detailed than the transcripts I've been used to. More like a fanfic.

I was thinking of something more like these:

Example - West Wing Transcript

Example - Dr. Who Transcript

Example - Stargate SG1 Transcript

Which are more in line with what I think of as transcripts.

The SG1 example is probably the most sparse, so I'd probably do something more in line with the Dr. Who example, with a paragraph or so of scene setting narrative here and there.

Is this format fine with everyone? If so, perhaps I should just start with the Pilot? I could leave/include links to Sarah's versions in the TOC and just do new ones in the format above to add to them.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190784 08/21/08 01:40 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Labby - anything would be fine with me - I hadn't looked at the others until yesterday [and then very briefly] but I had envisioned more like what you're talking about.

If I could suggest [since it's unlikely I'll do any]... start with the ones Sarah didn't do then perhaps redo the ones she did?

Carol

#190785 08/21/08 06:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right, I'm back from my podiatrist appointment and raring to get started. laugh .

Good idea, Carol. I'll start filling in the 'blanks', working around Sarah's transcripts, using the script format above and then go back and do a script format transcript of the ones Sarah did.

And who knows? Once that's all in place, maybe I won't have had my fill of typing and I might get busy with a set of fanfic format transcripts to cover all bases. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#190786 08/21/08 07:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hope so Labby!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#190787 08/21/08 08:02 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Or even just fanfic wink .