Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18943 12/22/04 01:51 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup Soon Jimmy will be free.

“I guess.” Lois smiled, though Clark knew that it was an effort for her. “And you’re right, Perry. If we still had the Planet, this would be the story of the decade.” She grimaced. “Look, maybe once I have access to my bank accounts again - ”

“No!” The editor’s growl was harsh. “Lois, if the Planet ever re-opens it’ll be because a wrong has been put right. Not because you’ve put every cent you have into it.”
confused Is that Lois personal savings or Mrs. Luthor money?

“A costume,” he said once they were back in the living-area of the apartment. “Something eye-catching, right?”

“Yeah.” Lois stepped away from him and studied him, making him feel a little self-conscious. “We want people to notice the costume, not your face.” She grinned. “So striking. And vivid colours, I think. Nothing dark or forbidding - that would scare people off.” She paused, her brow furrowed in thought “You know how clowns wear bright colours? Because that appeals to kids and looks friendly?”
hyper Soon will be a Superman in the air.

mad When is Lois going to get her divorce?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great Wendy, Jimmy will be free and Lex won't. I lie all the banter about Super rescue guy and the costume. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
What? No Super Rescue Guy? I like that name! wink It's cute, even though it's far from practical. Can you imagine Lois being in danger and yelling for "Help! Super Rescue Guy!" Pretty silly, but still cute! Maybe it can be their private nick name, Wendy?

Anyway, great part. A lot happened again and we're near the end (too bad!!!) We are going to get a divorce now, right? Because it's about time we get the smoochies we've been waiting for since the beginning of this tale! spider

Now post the last part and don't start about me being impatient again. wink

Sas smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

Another excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
One more part only smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, this is another excellent story. I really like how L&C are coming together. I've enjoyed reading it.

doublel

Columnist
Columnist
WOO HOO! I get to catch up on this story too, YAY! Jimmy get's to get out of jail free, er sorry was playing monopoly eariler. I mean he is going to be out soon, YAY! And luthor get's what he deserves..hopefully. And hopefully they have a quick divorce and lois and clark can kiss goofy No? Well I can dream it, And i can get all stubborn if I like. laugh

Great part wendy, can't wait for the final part.

Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey all smile

I know a lot of people just don't have time to read anything at the moment, but I did promise to have all of this story posted before Christmas (plus I had LabRat's email a couple of days ago telling me that Finding Freedom goes up on the Archive in the next upload. wink ). So I'm going to post the final section now.

Thank you to everyone who is still reading this, whether you've had time to post comments or not - just knowing that people want to read it makes me very happy. laugh

I know there are a few unanswered questions still:
When is Lois going to get her divorce?
Patience, Maria, patience! goofy

And hopefully they have a quick divorce and lois and clark can kiss No? Well I can dream it, And i can get all stubborn if I like.
You can be as stubborn as you like, Rachel... it won't necessarily get you what you want if it's not in the grand plan... rotflol I'm really glad you like the name. And you never know; I could certainly imagine Lois calling Clark that in private.

Anyway, thank you all again very much indeed! Part 10 coming up in just a few minutes.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
The next morning, things started to snowball. Perry White came by while they were having breakfast.
Yup. Confirmed. Wendy's mean!!! drool

And then he was there, materialising just in front of the balcony before vaulting over to stand beside her. His hair was ruffled and he wasn’t wearing his glasses.

Before she could say a word, he hauled her into his arms, holding her tightly and burying his face in her hair. She wrapped her arms around him, glad that for once she could offer him comfort. It made her feel as if she were giving something back for all the care and love he’d lavished on her. As if, at last, there was a way she could show him how much she loved him, even though they’d agreed that they couldn’t act on their feelings for each other until she was free of Lex.

After a while, he raised his head and touched his lips to her forehead. “Thank you.”
OMG!!! I think that was just about the sweetest thing ever!!! *SIGH*

Lois stepped over to where Clark stood and reached for his hand, squeezing it. “You saved her. She’s safe tonight because of what you did. And don’t you forget it.” She shook his arm lightly, reinforcing her words. “Why don’t we go inside and start thinking about a costume, superhero-guy?”
Yay!!!

“Thanks.” I love you,
*sharp intake of breath* Oh!!!!!! I wish you could say it too, Clark!!

Something about the way she was looking at him told him that she wasn’t just talking about his abilities. And he felt warm inside again.
Awww!!! smile

Sara (who's telling herself she can't start crying sappy tears yet... one more part!!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sara, I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful, long comments on every part of this story as you caught up. I really enjoyed reading them, and very much appreciate the time you took to write them. Thank you!!

One point about the early parts of the story, which I meant to mention earlier: yes, there is a resemblance between those scenes where Lois is held captive in the Rockies and LabRat's wonderful Masques, and I fully meant to acknowledge that. But it slipped my mind in the chaos in the run-up to Christmas, road accident and all that. frown It was entirely coincidental; it wasn't until I was actually writing the scenes that I realised the similarity, but since Lois wasn't there very long I hope it doesn't seem too derivative.

Anyway, Sara, thank you again!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard