Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay... first you had me worried, Mary!! Especially since you said, "Here's something less depressing." ;P~~~

Then I laughed out loud!! goofy

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Merriwether
Merriwether
A lever puller? Really?!?

confused

Eventually I realized you must mean this.

SPOILERS BELOW!

Yesterday, it was all just an easy game to play
“She loves me?”
“Yep. You know, you should be glad!”
Help! I need *somebody*!
Here comes the sun!
laugh Did you want links to the actual lyrics?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay, back....

Here are my feeble attempts at guessing:

"raining cats and dogs"

“I’m a man who’s lost his only love.”

"Help! I need *somebody*" (Hah ha!!!! I thought that looked a little odd! laugh )

"The rain was over. Here comes the sun!"

Okay... I know I got one, and like I said, the rest are feeble guesses. Now... question is... do I let everyone else in on the clue? Or was i just blind in the first place? blush

Well... good luck everyone else. goofy

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol Mary. I have a vague memory of hearing about lever pullers, but I'd entirely forgotten. Great job. smile Fun story.

I think I spotted more than 4, though...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Yesterday, it was all just an easy game to play, and now all he wanted to do was hide. Lois had left Metropolis. Why, he didn’t know. She wouldn’t say. He’d just said something wrong, apparently.
Yesterday

He sighed and turned the corner, walking down a small road lined by shops. The first was a small barber shop. The barber---someone he knew personally---had a photograph of just about every customer he’d ever had displayed in his window. Normally, Clark would stop in and say hello, but today he just didn’t feel like it.

At the corner on the other end of the street was a small apartment building. One of its residents, a bank employee, was getting out of his car. Clark absently noted that the man didn’t have a raincoat on, even though it was raining cats and dogs. Some nearby children apparently found this amusing and were snickering behind the man’s back.
Penny Lane

No matter how hard he tried, Clark couldn’t get her out of his mind. Maybe he should go somewhere and try to clear his head---there was this one place in Central Park where he could just close his eyes and pretend that nothing was real and there was nothing to get hung up about. It was so peaceful, he could stay there forever!
Strawberry Fields

“She said she loves you.”

Clark was stunned. Lois loved him? He grinned. That couldn’t be bad! “She loves me?”

Jimmy nodded. “Yep. You know, you should be glad!”

“I am, I am.” Clark was still dazed, and his sloppy grin threatened to consume his entire face. “She loves me?”

Jimmy smiled at his friend. “Yeah.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah!”
She Loves You

“Wow.” Clark still couldn’t believe it! Lois loved him, and that was all he needed. Well, that, and a little help from his friends. “Thanks Jimmy!”
A Little Help From My Friends

Suddenly, his super hearing picked up a desperate cry. <<Help! I need *somebody*!>>
Help!

Here comes the sun!
Here Comes The Sun

Now... do not all of those count for some reason, or did you just try to pull one over on us poor innocent FoLCs?

Oh, and did I miss anything?

Anyway, thanks for sharing. smile

Paul

"And I said, 'What about "Breakfast at Tiffany's?"'
She said, 'I think I remember the film, and as I recall, I think, we both kinda liked it.'
And I said, 'Well, that's one thing we've got...'"

laugh

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap Well done, Mary!!!!

Here are two more:

She'd only given him the situation - You Never Give Me Your Money

Every day in every way it's getting better and better - Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)

At first I thought it was "Getting Better", but after singing the entire song to myself, I realized it wasn't. <g>

- Vicki

Editted to add:

Four Lever-Pullers: Ringo Starr in the movie Yellow Submarine ("I can't help it. I'm a born lever-puller.")

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, the lever-puller stuff has gone straight over my head, but it's a sweet story regardless smile Well done!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved it Yeah yeah yeah, I said I loved it and you know that can't be bad! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, okay, I see what you mean now, Mary, but I have to tell you that 'lever-puller, said with an English accent' (quoting Sara) means nothing to me! huh Cute story, though, even if I did think the resolution was a bit too easy - I mean, Lois forgiving Clark over the revelation as easily as that? wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had to think about it but I did get there...

I'm now risking humilation from my family, because I'm walking round saying 'lever puller' in a Liverpudlian accent to see if that makes things clearer. smile

To be fair, scouse or not, it works better with the UK pronounciation than the US of lever...

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. thumbsup

Too bad is so short. frown

MAF wave
[Linked Image]

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I still am not quite sure what a lever-puller is, but I still find this story lots of fun!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (who has been listening to 'The Beatles 1962-1966' on an everyday basis since her father installed again the old record player... her brothers love it and she does, too smile )

P.S.: The song playing right now is "She Loves You".

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lever-puller is a play on words. The Beatles were from Liverpool, England. (The pun plays better when 'lever' is pronounced with an initial long e.)

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nope, doesn't work at all to this former European. wink Besides, someone from Liverpool is a Liverpuddlian. goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gee, all these years I thought that was the joke. huh Well, if that isn't what they meant, then I don't know what a lever-puller is, either! laugh

- Vicki

Merriwether
Merriwether
I still feel stupid because I don't understand...I might, but I'm not sure. LOL laugh

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Columnist
Columnist
hi

I loved the story.
Great one.

But I feel stupid too ´cause I dont understant that "lever-puller" Thing.

But great story....see you

Karla

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard