Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Helga Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I've just finished reading this on the archive, and I think it's fabulous.

I loved their costumes, and their conversations. And I was so glad Clark wasn't a lunkhead, and went after her and told her everything. smile

I'm now going to read it again on the boards...

Thank you,

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You certainly susrprised me: I never guessed there would be two revelations.

Originally posted by Helga:
I loved their costumes, and their conversations. And I was so glad Clark wasn't a lunkhead, and went after her and told her everything.
I agree. A very WAFFY story and a marvelous Christmas present to all FOLCs. party

Gabriele
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
At Last, smoochies!

And great smoochies too! laugh

Great ending, Wendy. I too was surprised by the double revelation but both were very well written and very believable and in character.

Such a WAFFy ending that I even regretted not celebrating Christmas myself for a minute or two. wink

I really liked the way Lois reacted to both revelations and that Clark was man enough to completely open up to her. thumbsup

And, okay, I can see why a sequel isn’t strictly necessary but I still wouldn’t mind an all WAFFy story from you in the near future. It could be a sequel or a stand alone, I leave that choice up to you. wink

I also, neglected to write this earlier but I really like this lighter side of your writing. Don’t get me wrong, I still expect warning if any of your future stories won’t contain the usual amount of angst wink , but I would definitely look forward to those.

Avia (now a little sad that this story is all done)

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Merriwether
Merriwether
I finished reading this on the archive this morning, too, since someone hadn't posted it here yet. *glare*

The familiar voice jerked Lois out of her thoughts. Startled, she looked around her, acknowledging as she did so that she’d been walking along barely paying any attention to where she was going.

Darth Vader leaned casually against the corner of a building just ahead of her.
Good boy! *pets Clark* I'm soo glad to see you aren't being a lunkhead, and went after her as Vader. And it leads into such a lovely conversation. *sigh*

It was time, he’d decided. He’d revealed himself to her in one disguise, and she hadn’t torn him limb from limb. It was definitely time that he trusted her with his other disguise.
And not only do we get one unmasking, but two! I just love Lois' reaction to it, too. And such a lovely ending. *happy sigh*

Brava! clap Wonderful, Wendy, absolutely wonderful.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Wendy this was the best birthday present yet! Thanks again for such a lovely story by my favorite folc author. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

Simona smile

Columnist
Columnist
hi

Thank you for this great present....it was the best present ever.

Two revelations and loveeeeeee blush

Great story.

.....oh..and, Merry Christmas to you too.

Karla

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol

There's that Darth Vadar picture with a twist.

[Linked Image]

And there's me happily melting into a puddle.

Great finish!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just dropping in briefly to say that if you haven't looked at the final post here, as opposed to the archive, or read it here more than about an hour ago, take another look - John created a pic for me which sort of suits the story. wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
YEEEEEEESSSS! We got the Christmas revelation AND smoochies! I can't believe it! I was already grinning like a very happy idiot when Darth was revealed as Clark. But then I read the word 'alley', and it felt like my face was going to split up! Honestly, I didn't think it possible, but Wendy did it!

And pic was just great! clap

Merriwether
Merriwether
*dies laughing at the picture* I'm sorry, I'm sorry... but I'm seeing Dark Helmet when I look at that, not Clark as Vader. OMG
rotflol
rotflol
rotflol

It's the glasses, I swear. (for those who don't know, Dark Helmet was the Vader-type character in Spaceballs, played by Rick Moranis)

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've already told you how much I love this story, Wendy, but I had to mention that picture... goofy Tell John he's a genius <g> He even got the right expression on Clark's face...

Too funny.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

LOVED it!! It was cold and warm and mushy and sweet..I will float to sleep tonight thinking about it! wink

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Kerth
Kerth
drool

Sweet end! blush

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

You already know how much I love this story. smile
It's excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
Loved it!!

Lots of fun, great revelation(s), and wonderful kisses.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lol! Love the pic.

Still, Clark showed a lot of sense. I can just see our Clark going home and stewing over the mess he's created, but not able to figure out what to do about it. At least this one had the sense to realize what was important! I was also pleased to see that Lois didn't mess things up by getting angry and hurling all kinds of hurtful accusations at him. All in all, a very waffy Christmas revelation.

Nan -- who's great great great (not sure how many greats in there) aunt was the ancestress of Susan B. Anthony).

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Originally posted by Nan:
Still, Clark showed a lot of sense. I can just see our Clark going home and stewing over the mess he's created, but not able to figure out what to do about it.
What I expected he'd do was agree to stay for the unmasking -- then reveal Darth as Superman. evil

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard