Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There's also my post about why I disagreed that the issues weren't resolved.
I read your post and even though I normally don't go to Zoom's boards--I'm more about fanfic than Superman--I checked there as well. Still, after having read it all, I maintain that I would have preferred to see Clark directly reference his behaviour and acknowledge that he did know she was acting as an editor, not as a reporter, so she did what she had to do. I would have liked him to reference as well how he had a greater appreciation for what it was like for Lois to live with Superman--that never was settled IMO.

Despite the new marriage, I guess I can't help but see Clark's whole unprofessional dynamic in this episode as something bizarre. I understood his showing his frustration at home slightly more, but I think that two professionals like Lois and Clark would behave accordingly no matter their personal feelings of the moment while at work. Being upset with Lois and protesting is one thing. Ripping doors off hinges is another.

Had the editors of the episode done those things, I might have liked it. I do think Clark has a human and selfish side to him. I just don't know if this is the way I see him showing it. The way The Gorn wrote it, I bought. The way the series writers wrote it, I didn't.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Top Banana
Top Banana
I understood his showing his frustration at home slightly more, but I think that two professionals like Lois and Clark would behave accordingly no matter their personal feelings of the moment while at work.
Well, considering that there was a slew of unprofessional behavior (i.e. parties and kissing on the job, etc.) throughout the series, I didn't really see anything different about the unprofessionalism in this episode (although, there was a greater degree of it).

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Maybe i am missing something but i think season four was great. I really love the fact that lois and clark are so in love. Clark now has someone that he can share all his secrets with and who can support him no matter what. Lois has found the man of her dreams in clark who accepts lois for who she is and doesnt try to change her. Dean and Terri really had great chemistry together. I really wish there had been a season five. It would have been great to see them have children. They would have made great parents.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I could buy Lois being a little high-handed given the stress of the new job and the desire to appear fair to the staff. Clark was another matter. Clark was always portrayed as someone who admired and respected his partner. He supported her totally. That Clark would have been thrilled at her promotion and done everything he coudl to ease the transition. If he felt she was getting carried away, he'd have talked to her, not ripped her door off the hinges. I just don't buy STP Clark is the same man who said "I'm attached to Lois Lane. I'm not asking for any changes, am I?"
Well, I’m just now coming back to this thread, but yeah, this was somewhat out of character for Clark. But it was also very realistic because we all ‘fly off the handle’ sometimes and do things that are totally out of character and that surprises those around us.

As someone whose "other job" constantly required he skip out without notice, he got upset with her for having to do the same due to her job. He acted jealous (which he had no right to be) and boorish.
We don’t like to see our own faults (or problems) in others. I’d say that’s why Clark flipped out over it.

And like Darcy said, Clark was still dealing with insecurities.

I rather thought that they both did not act their best in that episode. I think Darcy said it well:

I don't think the episode really did show the "typical" male attitude toward the situation. I think Clark was genuinely happy for Lois, even though he might not have realized just how MUCH went into being the EIC for a major metropolitan newspaper. Both he and Lois had valid points, but neither of them really understood the "new" position the other was coming from at the time. Lois, all of a sudden having to think like an editor, could not have Clark on a story she probably would have wanted to follow up herself--I went into this on the other board--and Clark, who usually thinks like an editor, was probably knocked for a loop because he and Lois usually had more time to find proof before they were taken off of stories.
And I thought she was a tad bit hard on Clark. She wasn’t treating him as she would have other employees.

But like Darcy said, it was a no-win situation.

The way The Gorn wrote it, I bought. The way the series writers wrote it, I didn't.
What was the name of the Gorn’s story?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I finished watching S4 this weekend and I still like it. In fact, I think it may be my favorite season. The only ep I really didn't like was Toy Story. I laughed so hard at IGYUMS. You could tell Dean was really having fun with that.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard