Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by RL:
Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
[b] I've been looking forward to these DVD's for so long... now there will be nothing left to wait for. It'll be finished. It's bitter-sweet.
You don't think they'll eventually come out in high definition Blu-Ray or HD-DVD? More things to save money for. wink [/b]
Not likely - The episodes were presumably recorded for NTSC transmission (possibly they used PAL resolution, which is a little better, to cater for the European market, but it isn't likely), so any conversion for high definition would be trying to add detail that isn't actually there. It can be done, with a lot of computer power, but the end result might be blurry and/or have video artefacts, random glitches created by the enhancement process, etc., and hardly worth the extra cost.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, unfortunately it's not going to be Oct 24th like Columbia House announced.

However we do have an official announcement now. You can read about it at TV Shows on DVD here:

Lois & Clark Season 4

Start saving your pennies!!! dance

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh that's great for all of you. We still don't have season 3 in Germany. frown On 4th August was the release of season 2, so I guess we have to wait till next year till season 4 is finally released here. I think season 3 will be around christmas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great! Too bad about the later date. How come it hasn't been put on the Archive news bit instead of 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Tahu, don't feel bad, we don't have Season 3 in the UK either. Thank god for BitTorrent. LOL

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just so y'all know, IMHO the *extra* (note that it is SINGULAR, not PLURAL!) for season 4 is pretty pathetic.

So this is what Dean meant when he said he "voiced something for season 4, but couldn't remember what." Because he didn't want to be the one to disappoint us all.

I'm happy to get the episodes, don't get me wrong, but I was really hoping season 4 would help L&C go out with a bang on DVD, not a whimper ... frown

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6284

The cover art is much better than season 3 though, IMHO. wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bugger.......

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Clark Kent Wannabe:
And Tahu, don't feel bad, we don't have Season 3 in the UK either. Thank god for BitTorrent. LOL
Season 3 is out in the UK on the 28th according to play.com - they seem to have removed the ad for season 4, but according to my account details they're still saying the region 2 release will be out on 24/10. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Features Writer
Features Writer
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was saving my money darn darn darn whinging frown

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard