Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Fantastic!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awe! What a beautiful ending! smile1

Thank you for sharing!

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Oh wow! That was just beautiful. thumbsup

~Julia wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

The sun is rising over the Atlantic, turning the skyscrapers of Metropolis orange and red, as we return to my apartment. I set down lightly on the balcony and swing Lois onto her feet. I wrap my arm around her waist and together we watch the sun creep higher.

I describe to her the sounds of Christmas coming from the neighbouring apartments. I tell her about the children in number four; the little boy is shouting with joy because he has got the red fire engine he's always wanted. The little girl is gushing over the doll she has just unwrapped.
drool Beautiful! wave
[Linked Image]

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Chris, this was amazing. You have such a gift to weave together a story. This is one of the best alt Clark/alt Lois stories I've ever read!

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yeah, what they said! I can't believe I didn't see this until today... It's incredibly sweet and I love the way Clark talks about how she fits against him. Logical, too, or at least as logical as anything is when Wells is involved goofy And am I right that when Lois heard "tempers," Wells was actually saying "Tempus"?

Just lovely, Chris. Thanks so much.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris, absolutely wonderful! As far as I'm concerned, there can never be too many alt-Clark stories, especially when they're as beautifully waffy as this one.

I loved the parallel of a younger Lois having sympathy for Don Diego, recognizing that he was always hiding a part of himself. smile And I loved that when she started muttering about Don Diego with Clark, that it went right over his head.

Ohmigosh, I totally missed the connection between "bad tempers" and Tempus. [Linked Image] wallbash Thanks, Pam, for pointing it out...

And, of course, I loved that they both had now found the specialness and magic of Christmas that they had longed for...

Just beautiful, Chris.

Kathy [Linked Image]

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww, that's such a sweet story. So perfect for Christmas. Wonderful!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Chris,

This really was a lovely Christmas story, and I'm glad that many readers agree with me. smile

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beautiful, Chris - as always with your stories! And I love the subtle touches of humour, too, such as Clark's reaction when Lois mentions Wells, and the temper/Tempus reference. goofy

Christmas is such a perfect time for Clark to find his Lois, isn't it? And what a WAFFy finish - offering the hint of more in the future for both of them. Loved it! clap

I hope this is on its way to the Archive for a Christmas upload... wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you once again for your lovely comments! smile I may not have addressed them all here, but I have treasured each and every one.

Pam:
And am I right that when Lois heard "tempers," Wells was actually saying "Tempus"?
Yes, you're right. That, at least, was what I had in mind. smile

Wendy:
I hope this is on its way to the Archive for a Christmas upload...
Yes, it is. smile

I'd like to say another heartfelt thank you to Jenni here, both for beta-reading and for encouragement! You're the best! laugh

Jose, IsisLnC, Julia, Maria, Laura, Kathy and Karen: thank you all very much too.

Just as a useless piece of information, I originally planned to call this story Resonance. (I decided I liked an alternative better, obviously.) Still, the reason for the working title remains: I wanted to show Lois and Clark were 'in tune' with each other, even before they met. That's why Clark feels so empty during the period when she has stepped out of time and why Lois dreams of him.

I'm not sure how much of the 'resonance' comes through in the final story but, given the kinds of comments that people have been making, I think enough. smile

Again, thank you all very, very much

Chris (who is looking at an alarmingly red sky this morning, and who is wondering what the local shepherds are making of it...)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

Sorry I'm so late here.

This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi, Tricia.

Your feedback my have been belated, but then so is my reply. smile

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the story. laugh

Merry Christmas, one and all.

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard