Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#181917 04/13/06 02:43 PM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
I agree with Sheilah on the sneaking up thing. I don't think Clark can hear absolutely everything all the time; calls for help are something he tunes in for. Like when you hear someone say your name in a whispered discussion, but don't actually know what they're saying about you.

As for him not being immovable, I understand that he's not rooted to the ground but I keep thinking about Jonathan slamming that baseball bat into his chest. Although, I suppose you're right and I can chalk it up to tension. When I'm holding myself from moving, I tense up and all of my focus is on whatever I'm trying not to move for, waiting for the second I can get to it (think of playing "Red Ligh, Green Light"). I think I'm much easier to shove then than at a normal time. Thanks for the help figuring this out guys; it actually helped explain a few more questions about Clark's attention and how that affects his powers and whatnot!

#181918 04/13/06 02:48 PM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
This isn't something I didn't get, but rather something silly that just always made me sad: When Jonathan does Matha's chores in Chi of Steel, he "makes" dinner and Lois says it's the best Chinese she's ever had. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same suprising indignant reaction to that as I did, b/c I was hurt before I could stop myself from being silly. I was like "What?! What about Clark's takeout from Shanghai?" lol, stupid, I know but LnC just did that to me.

#181919 04/14/06 12:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mara, that's exactly how I reacted, too, but I've since decided that Lois was using a bit of polite hyperbole.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#181920 04/14/06 01:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Me too. I thought the same thing. I was like, Lois, how could you say that when Clark flew you Chinese food from halfway around the world. She had told him it was incredible.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#181921 04/14/06 11:54 PM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Yay! I'm not alone! And I'm not crazy! laugh

...unless...

...we're all crazy... sad

#181922 04/19/06 08:04 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Maybe she was just trying to encourage the Jonathan's efforts.

Then again there are those people who aren't shy about using superlatives.
My mother exclaims fairly often that the present subject matter is the worst thing she ever heard. :rolleyes:
Some people are same with praise.

Hmm.. there is another thing. Clarks apartment seems to be in a basement. You go in from the street down a stair correct? But assuming he has windows shouldn't just about anyone see into the apartment? The landlord in the Pilot talks about the quietest building Metropolis and suggest he should walk around in the buff, which would imply that it's difficult look in. Then in the episode with Diana Stryde they climb UP into Clarks apartment. Is it some kind etage?

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#181923 04/19/06 10:57 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by Arawn:
Maybe she was just trying to encourage the Jonathan's efforts.

Then again there are those people who aren't shy about using superlatives.
My mother exclaims fairly often that the present subject matter is the worst thing she ever heard. :rolleyes:
Some people are same with praise.

Hmm.. there is another thing. Clarks apartment seems to be in a basement. You go in from the street down a stair correct? But assuming he has windows shouldn't just about anyone see into the apartment? The landlord in the Pilot talks about the quietest building Metropolis and suggest he should walk around in the buff, which would imply that it's difficult look in. Then in the episode with Diana Stryde they climb UP into Clarks apartment. Is it some kind etage?
Both Lois's and Clark's apartments change to fit the storyline. For the most part, Clark's apartment has been seen on the ground floor. There's a short stair that takes you to his doorway as seen in "Church of Metropolis" when Lois peeks into Clark's apartment or in "And the Answer Is..." when Lois catches Clark in his burglar clothing.

Other times, it's on the top floor. In "All Shook Up", suddenly Clark's apartment is on the top since you can see the arch of his bedroom as the Kents take Clark out to the balcony to practice flying.

When Clark first finds his new apartment in "Neverending Battle", Lois bursts in from street level as you can see behind her. Yet in the same episode, it looks like Clark's front door is in a hallway. Most other episodes show Clark's front door accessible only from outside. In "Whine, Whine, Whine", it's clear Lois is standing outside when Clark opens the door.

Lois's apartment moved primarily because of a prop error. Originally starting off as apartment 105 (ground floor), it moved to 501 (fifth floor) after a prop person mixed up the numbers. It stayed that way. Then in "Operation Blackout", Lois was pushed out her window, falling off a skyscraper seemingly as tall as Lex Towers.

Go figure.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#181924 04/20/06 01:35 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you RL you know your way around Clark's apartment. wink
Glad I don't have to strain by spatial abiltity to make sense of things.

Yet in the same episode, it looks like Clark's front door is in a hallway.
Yeah, that one always seemed weird.

Lois's apartment moved primarily because of a prop error. Originally starting off as apartment 105 (ground floor), it moved to 501 (fifth floor) after a prop person mixed up the numbers. It stayed that way. Then in "Operation Blackout", Lois was pushed out her window, falling off a skyscraper seemingly as tall as Lex Towers.
I never realized she stayed at the ground floor. When Clark is flying outside her apartment in the pilot I got the impression that it was at least the second floor. Why have four locks on the door if anyone can get in through the window?

The Blackout thing was funny. Actually I didn't think she was home when she fell a hundred feet down on the flagpole.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...
#181925 04/24/06 11:12 AM
Blogger
Blogger
1. Why does Clark say "Thank you, I appreciate it" When Lois tells him he wouldn't be her first choice for bodyguard in Witness?

i always assumed this was because he knew her first choice was Superman. so he said 'thankyou' because he IS superman.

Jack - seriosuly underused, don't you think?
#181926 04/24/06 12:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know. I always wondered about that one too. I sort of took it to mean that he thought maybe Lois cared about him enough that she wouldn't want to risk him being her body guard? But I'm sure he guessed it was Superman. She'd rather risk Superman then him. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#181927 04/27/06 05:54 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I never realized she stayed at the ground floor. When Clark is flying outside her apartment in the pilot I got the impression that it was at least the second floor. Why have four locks on the door if anyone can get in through the window?
Someone asked a FFQ a while back and got quite a few responses. It was a fun discussion. goofy I found a website with lists of bloopers, the apartment thing being one of them. wink Here\'s my post in that thread; it's got a few interesting facts about Lois's apartment quoted from the website I mentioned. smile

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#181928 05/29/06 03:59 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
In requiem for a superhero you have Jimmy saying that Lane and Kent sounds better then Kent and Lane

"Tradition. Abbott and Costello. Martin and Lewis. Straight man always goes first."

Could someone explain to me why Lois is more straight then Clark?

#181929 05/29/06 07:54 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I always thought it was because Lois was much more serious at that time. She didn't joke around with the rest of the people at the Planet. That's why in HiM, everyone thought she was tracking down a story when she went to the Lexor to relax. Intense, focused, no sense of humor about her work--all of that made her the "straight man" of the pair.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#181930 05/30/06 09:14 AM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I still don't get it. I could understand it as a seniority thing or the ladies first, but while Clark isn't as intense or focused as Lois he is pretty darn straight as well.

#181931 05/30/06 10:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Could someone explain to me why Lois is more straight then Clark?
Leaping in here:
You've got the wrong defition in mind for "straight".
In comedy the guy who tells the joke is the comedian and the guy the joke is told to is the "straight man". For a joke to work, both are necessary, but the comedian gets the accolades.
An ancient example: Jack Benny was straight man to Gracie Fields.
"Tradition. Abbott and Costello. Martin and Lewis. Straight man always goes first."
Costello and Lewis were the comedians; Abott and Martin were their straight foils.
Hope this helps.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#181932 05/30/06 09:32 PM
Arawn Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you Artemis. That explains why Lois didn't appreciate the metaphor.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard