Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18105 12/05/04 11:22 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Great start, Wendy! I was really looking forward to reading this story and this first part was very interesting. I like how you described Lois's reaction as she starts looking back on her married life (and all its implications).

I'm glad Clark finally has something he can use against Luthor (or that he will be able to, anyway, further ahead)

Dying to read more

Cris

Cris
#18106 12/05/04 04:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow poor Lois trapped in a prison by Lex. I hope Clark rescuses her soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#18107 12/05/04 06:28 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
the results showed traces of animal sedative. Not prescription sleeping pills.
Whoa! eek

Liked Lois' contemplation of the past and Clark's investigation of the present (events). Looking forward to their finding each other, resolving the trappings and building a loving future for eternity.

smile thumbsup notworthy

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#18108 12/05/04 09:15 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A fantastic part! smile1

Tricia cool

#18109 12/05/04 09:43 PM
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
YAY!!!! You posted! grumble ), but I read every part! Back tomorrow for a more accurate comment!
( me stuffing my purse with another bunch of fic printer papers, which I'm going to read on my trip of tomorrow: this bag is beginning to look like a ball! )

Simona smile

#18110 12/06/04 05:58 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, what a great beginning to this last (?) part of the Eternity series. I could just about feel Clark's frustration as he tried to convince Rachel. And poor Lois! Animal sedatives? Ack! The part where she looks back on her married life is very well done.

Sira - can't wait for the next part!

#18111 12/06/04 08:13 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah, I'm with all these guys--

Yay, you posted!

Wow, poor Lois!

Wow, poor Clark!

Very well written!

Animal sedatives?? eek She's lucky she's alive after that, never mind the whole almost-unconscious-in-a-freezing-lake scenario.

How is Clark going to track her down?

I really like how you've written Rachel. She may be small-midwestern-town, but she's smart and willing to listen to Clark. Like Doc Jill, incorruptible.

I'm waiting semi-patiently for more. (That means I'm grudgingly getting on with RL while I wait.)

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#18112 12/06/04 12:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#18113 12/06/04 05:57 PM
Columnist
Columnist
smile1 WOO HOO! You posted the story! YAY!!!
I'm not happy with the lois situation. But, I can't wait til clark finds her, So I'll be calm about that.

eek animal sedatives?!? oh boy, why doesnt he just kill her now? Get it over with. Better yet, Make her a stepfords wife. That'll do the trick....wait a minute,what side am I on?

Rach laugh

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#18114 12/07/04 04:30 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, at least Jill wasn't one of the bad guys laugh

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#18115 12/07/04 05:25 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yikes! Animal sedatives! Super-Clark to the rescue...with his sidekick, Rachel! blush

I just wanted to say what a great series you have going! Sorry I havent had a chance to comment on much lately becuase of evil finals...

Can't wait for more!!

#18116 12/07/04 01:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey guys! smile

Thank you all for your wonderful reactions to part 1 of this story. I'm delighted that you seem to like it so far!

poor Lois trapped in a prison by Lex. I hope Clark rescuses her soon.
Yeah, poor Lois. frown But remember, Laura, this is Lois Lane we're talking about... maybe she'll rescue herself! goofy

You did an excellent job portraying her emotions - her despair, pain, fear and disgust.
Thank you, Tricia! I love writing a creepy Lex. laugh

Animal sedatives?? She's lucky she's alive after that, never mind the whole almost-unconscious-in-a-freezing-lake scenario.
LOL Janet - very true. wink As you'll see in the next part, I was envisaging something which might be prescribed for a dog, so it's not as powerful as, say, something for a horse. goofy But still, not your everyday sleeping pills!

I really like how you've written Rachel. She may be small-midwestern-town, but she's smart and willing to listen to Clark. Like Doc Jill, incorruptible.
Thank you! And, yes, it's been fun writing these Smallville characters. And of course Doc Jill is incorruptible! goofy Unless it comes down to Martha's pumpkin pie... wink

Maria thinks:
He probably have cameras all over the room including mirrors.
Very possibly!

And Jen:
I just wanted to say what a great series you have going! Sorry I havent had a chance to comment on much lately becuase of evil finals...
blush Thank you so much!!

Well, I'm going to try to post this at a faster rate than with the previous two stories, since I want it all up by the end of the year. I have a reasonable buffer, so let's see how long I can sustain a more-or-less thrice-weekly schedule. wink Part two coming up very soon, therefore.

Thank you all so much again!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#18117 12/24/04 09:22 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Ooh look!!! I finally had time for catch up!!! Or at least part of it! laugh Hope everyone doens't mind the small flood of FF FDK folders as they rise to the top. razz

The satisfied smirk he gave her told her that he’d just scented victory. “Oh, that would be telling, my dear. Suffice to say that you’ll find out. In time.”
Grrr!!!! /me runs to find the "How do we kill him..." thread to look for ideas

And that, if nothing else, told him that her feelings for him went deep.
Awwww!!!!

Luthor wouldn’t get the chance to try again. Clark was determined on that. He’d comb the Earth for Lois, if he had to. And he’d find her.
Awww!! frown

The chief tried to stare him down. Clark met and held the man’s gaze, unflinching, uncowed. After a minute or two, the other man looked away.
Woohoo!! The Superman stare works without the Suit!!! <g>

The man whom she’d made love with. Been more intimate with than with any other man in her life before. She’d shared her body with him. In beds, in showers, in other places she shuddered to remember. Her husband - who had promised to love, honour and cherish her.
/me shudders razz

And all the time he’d been pretending. All the time. All his charm and affection when he’d been courting her. His kindness and comfort when the Planet had been destroyed and her whole life had fallen apart with it. Every time he’d told her that he loved her. He’d been lying, every time.
Awww! Poor Lois! This is an even deeper level of male disappointment (that's a gross understatement) than we've seen for Lois before. I'm only glad that she didn't really love him, or it would have hurt infinitely worse. Even still, I wonder if this will affect her trust in Clark.

Oh, god...

Lois bolted for the bathroom, her stomach heaving.
mecry

“Yes, but that was because - ”

He halted abruptly, realising what he’d been about to say. Although he’d suspected for a long time that Rachel knew - or at least guessed - about some of his differences, he’d never put that to the test. She’d never mentioned it either - but then, that was Rachel Harris. Discreet in the extreme.
Ooh!! Eek! Though I do kinda like the idea that Rachel as well as other Smallville residents (the closer ones) might have guessed at Clark's differences. It only makes sense, and it gives you that warm cozy feeling of a small town that is fiercely loyal to their own.

“How about this, then, Rachel. Dr Jill took a blood sample from Lois. And she says the results showed traces of animal sedative. Not prescription sleeping pills. Is that enough to convince you?”
eek Eek!!!

Sara (who can't say much else right now because she's off to read the next part...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard