Next Thread
Print Thread
#18016 12/02/04 09:23 PM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wheee!!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, this is so nice! clap

Lois' confession is so touching, as is her embarrassment and her determination to be honest.

I, too, am looking forward to Part 2. (Which you're posting today! yippee! dance )

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Kaylle, this is such a tease! What do you mean this is too long to post all at once?! This is short!

It's beautiful. A lovely conversation. love And Clark's insecurity is so touching, too. It's so nice to see them together like this.

But you were cruel not to post the whole thing!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Yay you're posting smile1 . You already know I love this story. Can't wait to see the rest!!

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Wendy, I'm sorry this section is so short! It's a little less than half the story, but I'll admit it did seem longer to me in MSWord than it does on the screen here sad . But to be honest, I haven't had time to make beta changes to the whole thing yet! I posted at 4 am this morning because I'd gotten too impatient to wait anymore <g>, but I only had a few minutes in between finishing a lab and studying for today's quiz frown . The end of term here is miserable...

Anyway, I apologize if people think I'm being a tease! That was not my intention frown . I just figured posting something was better than posting nothing, even if it wasn't the whole thing yet <g> And I will post the rest of it asap; no later than Monday, and sooner if I get it done.

Kaylle
(who has three more labs and a couple papers to do this weekend... thud )

Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't believe I am so out of it, I actually thought today was Monday! blush (don't ask!)

OK, so you're *not* posting part 2 today. <g>

Anxiously awaiting Monday....

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute! drool

MAF wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Oh yeah, very sweet! thumbsup

Looking forward to monday.

~Julia wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I love it Kaylle... so sweet, and poor Clark is still just a little insecure... and now I have to wait til Monday??? You broke off just as we got to the good part! <g>

(Actually, I've been waiting for Monday ever since the kids started their track-out break three weeks ago -- in three days, they go back to school! dance )

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm nice Kaylle, interesting conversation. It is very sweet. Sometimes I fantasize that Lois just comes right out with "Clark I would fantasize that you would come over and **** my brains out." <g> But your story is so much sweeter<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dance Yay, you posted! Cool, congrats!

This was pretty cool. Much better than the original conversation. I really like what you did with Lois's different "dreams" of Superman and Clark. Very nicely done. smile

Anyway, sorry I wasn't more helpful with this, but it doesn't look like you really needed it.

As for Part 2, I'll just say (for now) that it's even better than Part 1. There may well have been some changes since the version I saw (and I'm looking forward to finding out), but my favorite parts in are in part 2.

Looking forward to seeing it when it goes up. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
OOOH! A new story! Great start. Please don't leave us dangling too long. I enjoy reading when Clark is embrassed. LOL.
I'm curious where this will lead us.
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
In his voice there was still an undercurrent of tension, carefully controlled but audible. She’d thought they’d dealt with this particular issue; he’d accepted that she’d dreamed of Superman with little comment. Why the sudden fear for her fidelity, mental or otherwise?
Ooh! Good insight! Not to mention, beautifully written!

Lois hesitated. “Clark wasn’t as bold as Superman,” she said at last. “He couldn’t swear undying love to me,” she laughed, glancing up at him. “He could only look at me, gathering his courage… But in his eyes would be everything I needed him to say, before he ever found the nerve to say a word.” She closed her eyes, remembering. “I used to wake up with that look still in my mind, and I wondered if you’d ever look at me that way.”
Awwww!!! *sigh*

“And with Clark?” His voice was filled with a tenuous hope now, and she squeezed his hand reassuringly.

“With Clark I could… I could picture
<g> I love her shyness! It's so cute!!

“Superman was safe to fall in love with,” she said after a moment’s consideration. “He was a fantasy that couldn’t come true. But to imagine us… to imagine making love with him… that was a little more frightening.”
Eek!!! You're leaving us there?! *sigh* I guess I can wait until monday. grumble

Kaylle, this is really, superbly written! You capture the characters and emotions so well!!! I'm liking this conversation *far* better than the one we got in the series. thumbsup

I'm so glad you're writing again!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Sara (who just realized how much she loves those waffy relationship stories... perhaps too much angst lately? laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No see Mondays are bad for me cause of the workload. I'm gonna need you to post Sunday, preferably in the morning so I can read it before my boss comes in to whip me into the shipping department. wildguy

TEEEEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
“Don’t you picture us in other ways? Fantasize?”
Nice and pleasant vignette goofy

Awaiting the Monday post cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kaylle

A wonderful part! smile1

Tricia cool

K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying this! Thank you, all of you, for commenting! Feedback is lovely (and you're all so much better at it than I am! blush ) It was a lot of fun (if a little bit difficult) to put together this conversation between the two of them, just talking honestly and openly. I hope the second part will live up to expectations <g>.

Sara (who just realized how much she loves those waffy relationship stories... perhaps too much angst lately?)
Most of the things I've been working on recently have been all dark and painful, so it was surprisingly nice to write something with a minimum of angst! Sure, they're having a kind of difficult conversation, but no one's dying or dreaming or misunderstanding or suffering from broken hearts... Come to think of it, what is this story about? goofy I'd better go write something awful before I lose whatever talent I may have had...

And Vicki, sorry to have confused you! But part two will be up in a minute, a whole day early <g>. (Unfortunately for Pam, it's still not Monday yet wink )

Kaylle
(who now has one less paper but still 3 labs...)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard