Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks Wendy, for the repost.

I love this story very much. Now finally on to the latest part...

How could you!? No screaming, yelling and fighting? What happened to you? wink

The explanation about all his powers was very nice. And then the flying part... could you sent Clark to me so I get to experience it too? <g>

The big question now is what Lois is going to do with it. Print it and win her Pulitzer? (yes, very sensable, she is a reporter after all and it is her duty to write it...) Or keep it a secret and do we get Superman? (with some lovely scenes... yada yada yada). I'll go for the first <g>

There's only one thing missing now. Where are the SMOOOCHIES!!!!!!!!!!? laugh

Saskia (see, this is even longer than the fdk I originally posted, new boards are good for something smile )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy,

I said it once and I'll say it again (mostly because there is no record of me having said it the first time smile ) - this is just a great story. The interaction being Lois and Clark is dead on, I love the new angle on the pilot and their first meeting. I also admire the fact this is more than just a "they meet undercover, fall in love and that's that." Adding to the story and taking it beyond the original catch is brilliant.

I can't wait to see the next twist this story is going to take.

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy, I loved the entire revelation. As Elle said, your characterizations were right on target (as always! smile ).

Sorry this is so short, but I'm swamped but needed my fix of fanfic!

Vicki (who can't wait for part 18!!)

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent, as usual smile

Now post more!

smile
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy,

The story is, as usual, wonderful! cool

How about the next part soon? laugh

malu

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
reposting part 17 comments, since i'm not sure if you saw them before.

i really liked this part, wendy, and i'm loving the story as a whole.

the one thing about this part is that at this point in the story, i know more about clark's abilities than he does. so, seeing him go over them one by one didn't tell me anything new. i realize it's all new to lois, and that it's necessary to the plot. the demonstrations are good demonstrations, too.

still, maybe it's just me, but i think it would be better if they were summarized a bit more. write a paragraph saying that he demonstrated his abilities to her, and list the ones he showed. that way, you don't have to spend so much time on information that your readers already know (even if, this being an elseworld, they technically shouldn't). then, you can cover her reaction after that.

just a thought.

anyway, this paragraph was probably my favorite from part 17:

Clark grimaced; probably because he’d been found out, she thought cynically. But then he said, “No, I wasn’t risking my *life*, Lois, but I was risking my safety, and that of my family. I’ve always kept what I can do a secret - and for good reason. But I knew that if I was going to get you out of there, I’d have to use my abilities - and that I probably wouldn’t be able to hide it. So I did make a sacrifice, and as far as my parents’ safety is concerned, that’s worth more than my life.”
it's a good point, that he was risking something important, and i'm glad he thought to say it. hopefully, the implied problem will stew in the back of her mind. maybe she'll come up with a solution. wonder what that could be... wink

i also love lois's introspection about how he could be dangerous competition... or a really good partner.

and this line...

“You watch way too much sci-fi on TV, Lois,” he told her dryly
lol!

interesting that the first word he used to describe the space ship was "small." i'd missed that before.

anyway, that's all i've got for now. looking forward to part 18. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love the way that this Lois and Clark are interacting... more soon please... smile

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

Thanks for reposting! smile

WOW! This is excellent. laugh

I love the revelation. It's extremely well-written. Lois's reaction is great.

I can't wait to find out what she decides to do with the information. eek
Hopefully be partners with Clark!
Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First, a huge thanks to everyone who had commented on all three parts before the hard drive crash. Your comments may be gone, but I appreciated and valued every single one of them. And I think I saw just about all the comments on Part 17 <phew>. smile

Second, thanks too to everyone who reposted comments. I know how irritating it is to have spent time thinking out your comment post and then to lose it, so the fact that you posted again means a lot to me. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard