Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Uhuu! smile1

I thought they were going to... well blush

But this time wouldn't have been okay. And finally Clark knows that Lois loves him hyper but he is Superman because Clark is dead... No wonder he's hurt hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging

Oh, the agony! Oh the sweet, sweet agony! When's it all going to end? Okay, I'm done being dramatic now. It's so easy to feel the gaping hole in Lois' life.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh poor Lois! mecry

Clark..what am I going to DO with you!! /me looks for the ubiquitous 2x4 He needs to talk to her without ripping her clothes off!

Oh the angst..you guys are the best.. hail

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging
mecry mecry mecry

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor, poor Lois! This is so sad! I'm crying for her! [Linked Image]

He rehearsed the words in his mind, vocalising them silently as if he needed to remember how to pronounce the name. As if it had been so long since he’d introduced himself as Clark Kent that he had actually forgotten.

<Lois, I am Clark>
YES! YES! Spit it out, Clark! [Linked Image]

Poor Lois - ops, I said it already [Linked Image] - but I have repeat it: poor, poor Lois! She needs know! She's suffering too much! [Linked Image] Clark has to tell the truth and face the result of his actions and after... to fight for Lois's forgiveness grovel . Hopefully she'll forgive him because she miss him badly. [Linked Image]

~ Andreia (who's hoping a silver lining in the horizont in the next parts)

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sigh.

wallbash

I just can't imagine Lois behaving like a love starved puppet who can't say 'no' or realize the gravity of her actions in the short time she's just lost her best friend.

I also can't imagine Clark betraying Lois by sleeping with her as Superman not only once but attempting to sleep with her again like he's on a midnight liason.

I can imagine Lois being hurt, but Clark would have had to be hit by a 4x4 kryptonite brick to behave in such a lowdown manner.

Which, by the way I would like to second in introducing at some point in the story.

Clark quote: If anything were to happen between me and Lois it would be because we had gotten to know each other really well, and it wouldn't be IMPULSIVE.

Highlight the keyword. Quote is off the top of my head. (Honeymoon in Metropolis.)

Plus, he's a virgin. He would at least think twice, before sleeping with someone for the first time. Another reason why these midnight liasons between Superman and Lois, after Clark's death are creeping me out. eek

I can assure you, no amount of trauma would educe this sort of behaviour in these two in this short amount of time. They're not animals.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another reason why these midnight liasons between Superman and Lois, after Clark's death are creeping me out.

I can assure you, no amount of trauma would educe this sort of behaviour in these two in this short amount of time. They're not animals.
Well, as we said a couple of instalments ago, Dundan, if anyone can't accept the characterisation and events as portrayed in this story, that's entirely your right and you might just want to read something else instead. wink Characterisation is pretty subjective, though. What we're saying with this story is - as I mentioned before - that extreme circumstances bring extreme reactions. This is an exercise in 'what if' here; your response to the 'what if' would be different to ours, obviously. goofy

No, they're not animals; they're humans, with human failings and human reactions. wink In this section, Clark is recovering from the shock of believing that Lois had been killed; he's desperate for the comfort and reassurance that she's alive and that she needs him as much as he needs her. Would the extreme emotion he's feeling lead him to this? Maybe. Maybe not. All we're saying is that in our interpretation it has.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Merriwether
Merriwether
She curled up on the bed, hugging a pillow to her chest. Unbidden, tears rolled down her cheeks. She didn’t fight them. Loneliness was taking its toll on her.
Poor poor Lois!

I just read the story for what it is. I think you cannot keep writing the same thing over and over again. You have to use your imagination and enter the 'what if' realm. It can be fun and interesting. It keeps us challenged and entertained. In my opinion, the boundries need to be tested, explored and cherished b/c it keeps this fandom alive.

Now, where is that Clark. He's in big trouble if he comes to my house! Yes Clark come to my house smile

Since he's already in 'trouble' with Lois, why not just tell her! I know I know, I understand why. Lois can have some sort of closure over CK's death and not with a so-called dead Clark hanging around.....and so on.

Ugh the agony. I don't know what to say other than I am anxiously waiting for the next part.

wildguy wildguy wildguy

Plse soon!! Silly schedules.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You are right, you cannot write the same TOGOM variant over and over. But you still have to keep your character or else you also lose an aspect of your fandom. dizzy

They're instead left in the comments folder.

When you decide to take on a TOGOM variant with such a difficult premise, you have some major explaining to do, in the story. It's not even remotely direct for these two to end up having sex. Grief stricken at that.

Okay, a major trauma sub-plot is suggested, but you have to make that work in the story, show how it works for these characters.

You can't leave that up to guesswork for the readers. I could be wrong, but I didn't read any lead up prior to the kiss/romp that gave it away for me, and they seemed to reason just fine after wards.

Clark/Superman, for one, didn't even seem to think what he did was out of normal and has just made himself out to be the victim in this part. huh

They come off as such singleminded individuals. (Who cannot handle grief except in a certain manner.)

Has anyone here watched the movie Hero? It's exactly what would give something away, because it's not strictly a matter of opinion. Yes, the events are diametrically opposite.

These are still established characters.

Yes, this is fic, but it can also be considered nfic due to a mature plot line.

That's the only reason why I would also begin to criticize this, because of the gravity of the issue and the lightness with which it is treated.

If you think about it, it really is a very adult themed concept. A 13 year old wouldn't be able to grasp the concepts involved by the author and in the story it's treated on a more dedactic level.

Dundan, who is *not* with the fic police.

(Oh dear, I've already made this too long.)

Doh, on a side note, I didn't even figure except from Wendy's statements that Clark was grieving out of shock for thinking he saw Lois dead. Again, sigh. Unstable?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dundan, if anyone can't accept the characterisation and events as portrayed in this story, that's entirely your right and you might just want to read something else instead.
What, like the script for The Ides of Metropolis?..

That would be a low blow, Wendy. lol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I for my part liked it. From part to part I see my hoped-for happy end recede farther and farhter away. But I won't give up hope!
I was actually crying a bit while reading this installment... Anyways, can't wait to found out how they're going to get out of this huuuuuge mess Wendy and Kaethel have created...

Sira - thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For Dundan:
“I - heard a cry for help tonight,” he began jerkily, once they were seated and she’d looked at him enquiringly. “Sure, I hear those all the time, but... When I got there, Lois, I found a dead woman. She’d been raped and strangled. And she... she looked just like you.”

“What?” She gasped and stared at him. “She looked like me?”

“From behind, yes. She was lying face-down on the ground. But her height and build, her hair... even her shoes were like yours. Lois, for a moment - the longest moment of my entire life! - I thought you’d been killed!” He shuddered.

Lois could only stare at him. It wasn’t the fact that the dead woman resembled her which shocked her. It was Superman’s reaction to it. She’d never seen him so distressed; not even on the night Clark had been killed.

<You might consider that I don't really want to lose two people that I care about in the same week>

His harsh words from a couple of nights ago came back to her, and she blanched. He really did care about her. And believing that she was dead had clearly affected him just as much as Clark’s death had affected her.

Superman cared deeply about her. And she’d been treating him like something the cat had dragged in.

So what if she was angry with herself for what she’d done the night Clark had been killed? That was no excuse for using Superman as a scapegoat.

Lois reached out for Superman’s hand, squeezing it comfortingly; he responded by gripping hers tightly in return. “I’m not dead,” she said softly. “I’m here. I’m alive and well.”

“I know,” he whispered. “I can see that. I just can’t help being afraid that... Lois, you take risks. And you told me the other day that you didn’t care whether you stayed alive or not -”

She had made him so terrified for her safety? “Superman, I’m sorry! You caught me at a low moment, okay? I didn’t mean you to think that!”

His gaze didn’t leave her face; his hand tightened around hers. “I’m glad, Lois. I can’t lose you too...”
This is the bit you must have missed. smile

By the way, just to reassure anyone who may be concerned about the ratings question: nothing in this story has gone above PG-13.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm commenting a bit late-- had to catch up on some sleep! smile

Lois' POV re her unasked-for partner for this particular night was pretty funny--
At that point she’d thought she would kill him. She’d had to take a deep breath and slowly - very slowly - count to ten.
I am glad that the perpetrator seems to have been caught before Lois convinces Perry to let her go alone and play a victim <shudder>. From Superman's description of physical evidence on the guy he caught, it sounds like at least that particular menace is gone.

The more emotional Superman becomes, the more he sounds and acts like Clark. Lois hears the similarity in voice, notices (twice) the similarity of their eyes. If only she could look past what she believes to what her senses are telling her...

Like Jose and some of the others, I'm glad they were able to stop-- the guilt afterwards would have been even stronger. Superman is showing Lois more and more how he really feels, which, again, opens the door to Clark. There doesn't seem to be any way at all, now, that he could tell her the truth and escape with his life (so to speak). But Lois guessing probably isn't a good situation, either, as she's likely to go ballistic.

Of course, here's something else to consider-- Lois was very soft-hearted under those brittle mannerisms she showed early in the show. Clark broke down a lot of barriers. It's entirely possible that when/if she finds out S=CK, her overriding reaction would be extreme hurt and avoidance, rather than rage.

I know you guys said you'd mapped out a lot of this before you started posting this story... so you must have a solution at some point. You are certainly keeping all of us guessing: will this story end happily? (And at this point, what exactly is a happy ending? Lois lets Clark live? goofy ) How can they ever work this out? If it ends happily (the happily the Folcs want, not the happy I just described), you still have to get past the what-happens-when-Lois-finds-out and the what-happens-once-she-calms-down and tell us how they resurrect Clark.

Looking forward to more--

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey guys! smile

Time to post a new section, and therefore to reply to your fascinating feedback. smile So... poor Lois or poor Clark? Your opinions seem split about that. Btw, we'd like to thank you very much for your comments on Lois's grief; we're glad that her sorrow is affecting you - not that we really thrive on making you cry, but you know what we mean: it's good to see that the story works. smile So thank you for your sniffles and sobs. They mean a lot to us, even if it misleads you all into believing that we're evil. We're not. Really. evil

Dundan, we both hear your comments. As we've said a few parts ago when you mentioned the problems you have with the premise, we're sorry to say we disagree with you on characterisation. To us, the premise wasn't "pasted" onto Lois and Clark just because we felt like exploring it. We're both thoroughly convinced that the extreme situation in which they are now could lead to this. Unfortunately, this is something on which we'll have to agree to disagree, as we feel equally strongly about this part of our premise as you feel against it. smile

Toc, fascinating analysis and guesses!! As for how it will end, RAFO! laugh

Anyway, next part coming up in a minute! Thanks again very much, you all! smile

Wendy and Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard