Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Once again I'll just use this thread to thank the gentle readers who had kind words to say about part 13. No reason to dray that thread back up since there were no questions.

Here's the next part. As always comments can go here. Good, bad, or indifferent.

Tank (who hope gentle readers appreciate that Henderson is still alive in this part)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am wondering when Clark will show up, not dead. If he is really dead then this will be a hard story for me to get through. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! Where is Clark? wink

What is Hamilton's role here? confused

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Very good chapter laugh

Have to admit, you're one of my favourite authors, consistently good material.

I wonder how the problem with the evil Superman will be solved.

And the idea about appropriate cloning candidates? I've never heard anything about that, poetic licence, fact - or maybe just a good plot device wink

I've heard something about who the more evil writer is, you or Wendy. I have to say, you win, hands down :p

(*still isn't sure how Feedback works*)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank!? Where is Clark??

Oh dear, this plot is more complicated than it looks..Mamba and Hamilton?? And just who is 'growing' back there in the lab?? This doesn't look good. frown

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. goofy

mad What happen to Clark?

More ASAP, please.

MAF wave

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think it's time for the real Superman to come to the rescue.

Since he was feeling sprightly climbing up the hill, I can't believe you killed him off, Tank.

But if anyone could, if would be you, I suppose.

The clone that's growing...is SUPERTANK

(who thinks he's the only perfect man for a short-haired Lois Lane <g>!)

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
huh And who's in the vat? I'm not too sure about the "not suitable for cloning" issue either.
SOOON!!!!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved this part! Loved Lois's anger- both at Bill and at Nigel. The smashing the mirror and calling the glass a potential weapon.

And Mamba and Hamilton and something else being cloned...awesome.

I know you write with a buffer, Tank, and then write as you go from there, but do you know your plot start to finish before you start? I want to know. This is unfolding so well, I really admire the complex twists and turns and the wide canvas, multiple players. So...how are you doing this??

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, I'll jump in here to answer CC's question.

I *post* with a buffer. I write by the seat of my pants. Generally when I start a story I have a 'concept', and a few 'scenes' in my head that I'd like to write. Then, I start writing and the story evolves as I write.

Whenever I decide to add in a little twist, or plot devive, I try real hard not to forget about it as I continue, and give it it's proper due, even if the idea I had when I first put it in has now changed.

I'll let the gentle readers in on a secret. One of the scenes that I had visualized before I started writing this fic, was the meeting between Henderson and the clone. It was going to be the first time anyone had seen the clone, and Lois would have witnessed Henderson being incinerated by the evil Superman. Needless to say, the general consenses as I moved along was that the gentle readers kind of liked Henderson and wanted him to stick around... for a while. His fate is yet to be decided. It will depend on how the story continues to unfold.

Usually, after I finish a chapter, and send it off to my super-secret mystery beta reader, I then start thinking about where to go from there. Often I weigh several different ideas before I write the next chapter depending on where I think the fic should go from there.

The problem I have now is that I have to find a way to wrap up all the plot threads I've tossed out (and maybe throw a little B plot in there also) before I run out of time. I want to have this fic finished and posted before the end of the year, but I also have to battle some time problems, and a lack of interest. I've become bored with the story.

Tank (who has to finish so he can take all of 2005 off of fic writing)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've become bored with the story.
Well, your readers haven't, so keep working on it! wildguy wildguy

Lois would have witnessed Henderson being incinerated by the evil Superman. Needless to say, the general consenses as I moved along was that the gentle readers kind of liked Henderson and wanted him to stick around... for a while. His fate is yet to be decided. It will depend on how the story continues to unfold.
Just imagine fingers tapping impatiently on a desk while certain readers send threatening thoughts in your direction... We like Henderson!!! mad

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If you bring Clark back I wouldn't mind if you killed Henderson smile
If you don't bring Clark back, you might as well go ahead and kill everyone wink

Well, your readers haven't, so keep working on it!
ditto from me Tank, please keep writing.

OT: David I love your sig. Foo Fighters are my absolute favourite band!

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
Top Banana
Top Banana
The plot thickens. Nice! clap

Tank (who hope gentle readers appreciate that Henderson is still alive in this part)
I'm sure, we gentle readers will appreciate more finding that Clark is alive in the next part....?

evil wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't think Clark is dead, for a couple of reasons.

1. Lois' track record for really seeing someone die in this fic really sucks...

2. The gentle readers would rise up and march to Minnesota and do unspeakable things to a certain author...

On another note, at some point Lois has got to realize that it would have been useless to try and escape because of CloneS.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

An excellent part! help Hopefully he's okay.
I can't wait to find out where this is headed.

Tricia cool

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hmm. Perhaps the cure is worse than the disease; i.e., making cloneS immune to Kryptonite also blunts his powers. Maybe Hamilton will come up with something that will immunize cloneS but also slowly kill him.
I'm sure Clark will survive, given that this IS the 'Lois and Clark' fanfic site, not the 'Lois by herself' site. But a fight between Clark and cloneS may also be in the offing. How does one injure someone who's invulnerable?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, now is the time to thank all the gentle readers who have stayed with this story through all the chapters so far, and those who've come on board since posting started.

Who is the new clone? Time will tell.

How does Hamilton fit in? Time will tell.

Terry, you may not realize this, but I'm obsessed with Lois Lane, so I wouldn't mind a 'Lois alone' story, or site.

It's Sunday and even though I haven't written much this week I suppose I should post the next part.

Tank (who, for the record, would just like to clarify that Wendy is definitely the most evil one)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard