It seemed as the kiss went on forever. Alternating intensity – from gentle, to fierce, and back again, they clung to each other as if for life.

Lois reveled in the pleasure of his hands tightly holding her and pulling her in so closely to his body – she could feel the heat of him practically burning a brand on her skin – and she thrilled to it. She would belong to this man – with this man – with not a single qualm – because he was as much hers as she was his.

The feeling of his lips moving over hers, of his tongue engaged in duel with hers, the press of his skin against hers – the very slight rasp of stubble … and the smell of him – all these things were overtaking her senses – drugging her, and filling her with the single-minded desire to drag him into his bedroom and have her way with him.

The phone rang sharply. Clark reluctantly broke off the kiss – she could hear his labored breathing and she saw the look of intense and glittering need in his eyes. She gave him a slow and seductive smile, unable to stop herself. She knew she presented an equal picture of need and desire to him.

Reluctantly he broke her compelling gaze and looked over at the phone - using his special abilities to identify who was calling.

She fully expected him to go answer the phone, but he just turned back to her and crushed her urgently back into another series of kisses. She felt herself go off balance as he swung her into his arms, and not protesting or fearing where he might take her, she adjusted her hold so she was holding on comfortably, all the while kissing him back with the same passion he was showing her.

Expecting the dark of his bedroom, she was startled to find that he had put her gently on the couch, and was following her down, pressing her back against the cushions as one kiss kept leading into the other. This time, his hands started to roam under the fabric of her shirt, and she sighed happily as she felt the bare skin of his fingers on her sensitive skin.

She moaned against his kiss, and perversely he broke it off a moment to look deeply into her eyes.

“This okay?” His voice was deepened by the passion she had helped induce. She loved that sound, how it reverberated through his chest, rumbling against her – making her feel a combination of incredibly safe and secure – as well as acutely endangered. She wasn’t afraid of him, she was just riding the wave of a passion that had the power to blow both of them away.

She shook her head, unable to speak, pulling him back down to meet her, murmuring a throaty “But this is.” as she engaged him in another round of kissing.

They kissed like this for another age, their hands becoming bolder – covering more ground, learning, loving and soothing each other from their earlier battle.

Clark broke the kiss again – gently pushing down on her hands to prevent her from pulling him down again.

She watched him seriously, waiting to see what he was going to say.

“That was Perry,” he whispered, his voice sending shivers of delight down her spine.

“Oh,” she gasped. “Good for him!”

Uncaring about the phone, she tried to lift her hands to clasp his face so she could pull him in for more of those incredible kisses. He didn’t release her, and her hands were restrained. A bubble of worry grew unbidden in her chest. He was still wearing black and the memory of him trying to act like Kal rose fresh in her mind – she could see him … his hands curled into deadly fists, and his eyes glittering with cold and danger. Suddenly she was very aware of his weight pushing her back, his hands holding her down – and a sense of overarching menace flooded her entire being.

“Clark,” she gasped out, her voice holding fear where passion once was. “Please… let … let me – “

He instantly saw what was upsetting her and with amazing speed, he left her personal space and released the grip he had on her. He helped her gently to sit upright, letting her go when he felt she could manage it herself.

“Lois – I didn’t think – I’m sorry – I just – I just wanted to – talk to you before you – “

“Grabbed you again,” she said, feeling stupid now that the imminent fear of being harmed was gone.

“I should have thought – that doing that would - and… dressed like this… I’m sorry…”

She leaned in towards him, and stroked his face with her hand.

“No. Don’t be. Clark. I know that the role-playing idea – brought up a lot of pain and fear for you. But – it’s this kind of thing – it’s not really acting like Kal – but it’s … evoking him, I guess. You did something that was entirely Clark – you were trying to get a word in edgewise, and you were very gentle holding me there, you weren’t pinning me down – you just happen to be strong enough to restrain someone like that without exerting much muscle of your own. But it - to me – it resonated of a different experience, and it brought out some stuff… and maybe that’s not so bad. Maybe that’s how we can try this … thing – not – so much role-playing, as… triggering… occasionally… but only – only if - uh – you feel absolutely comfortable with that.”

His eyes regarded her worriedly. He could see that she had recovered quickly from her burst of panic, and that maybe she was right – maybe occasionally doing something like that might help her rewrite her responses to certain stimulus – at the same time… he didn’t want to mess things up.

“Listen,” she said, fretting about his long silence. “Forget it, because – I don’t want to make you do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.”

“You aren’t,” he said quickly. “I just… wanted to think about it. I think… within limits –“ He grinned at her suddenly “Which hopefully we both can set…. I … agree with you – that it’s a … worthwhile thing to do – but…. you should indicate if you want me to try something – right? I mean, I did that without thinking – and without any intent to worry you... But – I don’t want to do it that way again – because I don’t want you worrying when we are close like that – that I’ll try a trigger on you - I don’t want you to be surprised about it.”

She nodded. “Good idea, my love.”

She leaned into him and kissed him sweetly. He responded, keeping his kiss as gentle as he could.

She pulled back and smiled at him provocatively.

“So… what was so important – that you were fending off my kisses,” she asked in a gently teasing tone.

“Oh… I – I – I just wanted to say that…. I’ll bet that Perry was calling to let us know that news of our engagement has hit the newsstands.”

She paused to consider that.

“Wow! You’re probably right. Do you want to call him back?”

“No.”

“So… what do you want to do?”

He grinned back at her, giving his full-blast mega-watt – drop-dead-gorgeous smile that always made her knees go absolutely weak.

She smiled back. “I was hoping you’d say that.”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Mmmm. Body language,” she said suggestively as her hand slowly caressed his leg.

“Ah! Yeah – if you – if you do that… I… I can’t think…”

“Not a bad thing. Sometimes thinking is vastly overrated.”

“Yeah. Thinking. Overrated.” He gazed at her, transfixed, unable now to put a sentence together properly.

She licked her lips, and that was all it took. Moving gracefully, he closed in on her, pulling her in, pushing her back, his lips ravaging hers impatiently. His lips traced a fiery path down her jawbone, resting tantalizingly at her pulse point, only to return to her waiting lips. One of his hands caressed her through the fabric of her shirt, and she made a sound deep in her throat at the incredibly alluring contact.

“Clark,” gasped out as she pushed him away a few centimeters. “Can you… try that thing again?”

“You mean this,” his voice rasped out as he once more kissed her pulse point. “Or this?” And his hand gently skimmed over her body again, giving her a caress that actually threatened to liquefy her bones.

“I mean…” she gasped out, her voice barely loud enough to be heard by human ears. “I mean… hold me down.”

He stiffened just a bit and pulled back some more so he could see her face clearly.

“Why? I mean – why now?” A slow grin took his face. “I already told you what I meant to tell you – it’s not like I want to hold you back…”

She smiled back, but there was worry in her eyes. “I just… want to … master that. But if you don’t want to – I’m happy – more than happy – to do what we’ve been doing… “ Her voice trailed off suggestively. She really was happy to not go with her plan – just the idea that he was willing to try this with her made her less frantic to do it all tonight.

He didn’t speak, but his expression had turned serious again. Wordlessly, he glanced down at his own body, seeing his clothing, and then he looked at her and took in her lack of fear of him … dressed like this… making out so wildly.

He seemed to come to a decision, and after leaning in to deposit a very gentle kiss on her lips, he moved his hands so that they very carefully held her hands against the couch. He wasn’t exerting any force at all and she knew that if she tried to push back, she would be free. She furrowed her brow very slightly and then waited to see if he would apply any pressure.

He tightened his grip fractionally, and she pressed up against it to to test her freedom. She couldn’t break his grip. He continued to gaze at her carefully, poised to let her go if she demanded it.

He was afraid to talk to her, afraid to break the moment, so instead, he moved forward, closing his eyes as he did so, once again pushing her back against the cushions of the couch. He let her feel the length of his body against hers as he joined her in another sensual and drugging kiss.

Her heart was pounding – fear or desire - he wasn’t absolutely sure. She wasn’t either. She was riding the waves of very intense feeling and she was hard-pressed to define them. Her heart was in her throat, and she felt like she was holding her breath. She swallowed hard, but otherwise gave no indication of distress or worry.

It wasn’t long before she forgot to worry. His kisses were driving her insane and whatever feelings of fear his restraint of her had caused were swept away by her feelings of desire. She kissed him back, matching him again in his passion, thrilling to the feeling of his body stretched out against hers. Even the sensation of his very clear need for her served only to inflame her senses.

She wanted to wrap her arms around him, to pull him close. She wanted to feel his hands on her body again and so she tugged at his hold, expecting him to let her go. Instead of complying, he shifted his grip so he was only using one hand to hold her – and he moved the other one lazily across her skin – once again finding the spots of her body that absolutely begged for his touch. She arched upwards trying to make better contact with him. His lips left hers and begin to tease her pulse point again.

“Clark! I … I want to touch you,” she cried out.

“I know,” he said, his voice ringing with love, desire – and a mischievous kind of amusement.

“You have to let me go so I can do that.”

“Are you sure?” His voice was now very throaty, and he looked at her with eyes that seemed impossibly black. “Are you sure you don’t want me to do this instead?”

He shifted his body so that he was able to move his mouth over her body the way his hands had been doing. Through the thin fabric of her clothes she could feel the heat of his mouth, and she arched spasmodically unable to control her response.

“Ah!” Her voice shook as she cried out at the contact. “Clark! I can’t – you’re driving me insane.”

He released her hands at that and she took full advantage of her freedom to pull him close.

She kissed him with a deep and unrestrained passion – one which he returned enthusiastically.

After a long while, they broke apart, and she nestled in against him. They were silent for a while and then she spoke.

“I’d like to spend the night…”

“You’ll get no complaint from me.”

“But… things are different now.”

“What do you mean?”

“We’re public now, and you’re this guy that people look up to – a role model to kids – and –“

“And?”

“I don’t want to be the woman who corrupted Superman…”

“Oh, Lois – love isn’t corrupting…”

“But…”

“You …and me together – there’s nothing wrong with that… nothing at all – “

“And yet… public perception –“

“I don’t care…”

“You do. And I do… if we could manage it discreetly…’

He winced. “God. I hate that word. Now that we’re openly together – I’d hate to… skulk.”

She giggled. “That’s such a funny word.”

“Lois, only you would say that,” he said, giving her an affectionate hug.

“Clark… maybe we just don’t spend the night together until we’re married.”

“Would that make you feel better?”

“No,” she laughed mirthlessly. “I want to be with you – I hate being apart – especially at night or on weekends – or… at times when we normally would be together if we lived in the same space.”

“Well… then marry me. Soon. Very soon. And then, we can be together – in the same space.”

“Soon? H-How soon?”

“As soon as we can put this thing together? A month from now? Two?”

She felt an inward tremor at the thought. Wedding. Wedding night.

He sensed her withdrawal. He gripped her hands gently in his, and looked at her intently.

“Lois. I don’t mean to rush you. You can take all the time you need for that… you know that. You know I’d never use pressure – physical or psychological – to push you into something you weren’t ready for.”

She nodded. “I know,” she whispered. ‘I’m not afraid of that… of you… I guess it’s all me. Our wedding night… it should be…”

“It will be. No matter what happens or doesn’t happen. It will be really incredible.”

She hesitated a long moment, biting her lip as she deliberated over the idea. And then, she looked at him with a new resolve.

“One month.”

“One? Is that long enough – to – get ready?”

“I –“

“I mean – to get the wedding ready –not for you –“

She laughed. “I know… I know… and yes –with my mom on the job – it’ll be – “

‘I’ll help! I mean – it’s not like it’s fair that you have to deal with it all –“

“I know – and don’t you worry – that’s been the plan all along. It’s just that – mom will want to help – this is something she’s been wanting to do since I was born.”

He grinned. “Is this a good thing?”

“Well… fasten your seatbelt, Superman... because likely it’s going to be a wild ride.”

[tbc]

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence