Next Thread
Print Thread
#17645 11/24/04 11:10 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Then he stilled as another thought occurred to him. Taken advantage of an opportunity... or created an opportunity?

The explosion at the Planet had been arson. Clark remembered reading about it; a young employee by the name of Jimmy Olsen had been convicted, the motive allegedly revenge. Olsen had been recently demoted from a newsroom junior to an odd-job role in the print department.

Luthor had owned the Daily Planet at the time of its destruction; he’d bought it, so the media had reported, to prevent it going under financially. Was it just possible that he’d destroyed the paper to stop good money going after bad? It could be that the insurance payout, even with deductions for arson, was more than the paper was worth as a going concern. And perhaps Luthor had calculated that one consequence of its destruction would be that Lois would be separated from everything that had given her fulfilment - and that she would naturally turn to him.
thumbsup Clark have been investigating the Planet explosion and knows a lot. hyper

More soon, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#17646 11/24/04 12:56 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I've just caught up with this in the last day. Oh boy, have they got a mess to figure out. I wonder when it's going to occur to them to investigate the bombing of the Planet.

And are you going to save poor Jimmy?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#17647 11/24/04 05:08 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, it's all becoming much clearer. It makes a whole lot more sense now, as to why Lois married Lex-- how that could have come about and why she was unhappy despite Lex's apparently loving attitude. It puts another light on Lois being up at the lake property-- he may have passed it off as a desire to help her find a quiet place to concentrate on her novel, but it looks now like he wanted her quietly stashed away now that he'd neutralized her by marrying her. Makes you wonder what he has to hide that he'd go to these lengths. He could have probably just continued in his role as her friend; but suddenly "things changed" and he was actively pursuing her with marriage. And this all sheds a lot more light on why Lois is disregarding the two month time period.

And I agree-- poor Jimmy! I hope he's soon going to be vindicated, pardoned, apologized to and set free!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#17648 11/25/04 04:59 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Good part! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#17649 11/26/04 01:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's funny that Jimmy is in jail. Since Clark has no idea of Jimmy's place at the Planet, whether or not Lois cared about him at all, he may not have a need to rush getting Jimmy out of prison.

Poor Jimbo is probably some big prisoner's sweetheart right now <snicker>

Evil Jimmy hating TEEEEEEEEJ ('Cause he ruined the Dungeons and Dragons movie)

#17650 11/27/04 07:57 AM
Columnist
Columnist
shock Thanks for the part LOVED IT!

Rach laugh
Rach

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#17651 11/27/04 08:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi guys smile

I hope the wait to find out why Lex tried to kill Lois isn't putting too many people off. Or maybe it's just a busy weekend for some of you. wink Anyway, there were a number of things I decided that I wanted to address in this story - issues which came up in Summer Dreaming and in an interesting thread Gerry started in fanfic-related a few weeks ago.

Those questions were: why did Lois marry Luthor in the first place? And why on earth did he want to marry her?

It looks as if my explanations here are working for some of you - thank you! Maria said:
I always ask my self why Lois didn’t look for a job in another newspaper? Now I know.
Great explanation.
Thank you!! That's exactly what I was hoping for. smile1

Janet, astute as ever, picked up on something else I'd only hinted at:
It makes a whole lot more sense now, as to why Lois married Lex-- how that could have come about and why she was unhappy despite Lex's apparently loving attitude. It puts another light on Lois being up at the lake property-- he may have passed it off as a desire to help her find a quiet place to concentrate on her novel, but it looks now like he wanted her quietly stashed away now that he'd neutralized her by marrying her. Makes you wonder what he has to hide that he'd go to these lengths. He could have probably just continued in his role as her friend; but suddenly "things changed" and he was actively pursuing her with marriage.
Yup, that's exactly what I was getting at. As for what it was that changed and why Lex decided to 'neutralise' Lois, all will start to be revealed in the next part. smile

And then there was one more revelation in this section:
Poor Jimmy, is in jail!
And your reactions to this varied rather a lot. goofy

are you going to save poor Jimmy?
poor Jimmy! I hope he's soon going to be vindicated, pardoned, apologized to and set free!
what about jimmy? Are you going to get him out of jail or leave him there to rot?
I think it's funny that Jimmy is in jail. Since Clark has no idea of Jimmy's place at the Planet, whether or not Lois cared about him at all, he may not have a need to rush getting Jimmy out of prison.

Poor Jimbo is probably some big prisoner's sweetheart right now <snicker>
ROFL, TJ! evil Maybe this time he'll apologise to Lois and sweep her off her feet again so they can live happily ever after. How about that for a happy ending? devil

Thanks again, Maria, Nan, Janet, José and TJ!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#17652 12/01/04 02:02 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
You don't mind belated feedback, right, Wendy? wink

“My guess is that he did it because I told him that I wanted a divorce,” she said lightly.
Wooohoo!!! goofy

Clark remembered reading about it; a young employee by the name of Jimmy Olsen had been convicted, the motive allegedly revenge.
Awww, Jimmy! mecry

Or was he speculating too far?
Umm... no!

“And regretted it,” Lois agreed. “Even before he tried to kill me.”
Awww! and Ooh!! eek

You've got me guessing now, Wendy, as to why there's a line to strangle you...

Sara (who's thinking by the time she catches up, the line might stretch all the way to Tucson from London devil )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard