Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
TV: "...bottom of the ninth and the score is TIED UP!"

LOIS: "Come on, Yankees!!!!!"
CAT: "Let's go, Marlins! ...Superman, who do YOU want to win the World Series?"
SUPERMAN: "I am NOT going to get involved in this one, girls."

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois: I can't...believe it. He's finally gone.
Cat: I...I...I'm just speechless.
Superman: Ladies...um, it's just a ficus tree.
Lois: Just a ficus?! It wasn't just a ficus! You don't just replace them like you do fish or...or friends!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cat: EW! That cockroach is *HUGE*!!!
Lois: Smash it, Superman!
Superman: What are you ladies screaming about? It's just a little---*WHOAH!* That thing *IS* Huge!!!

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois: Look where it comes again!

Cat: Angels and ministers of grace defend us!

Clark: What are you talking about? And why is Perry wearing that armour?

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hmm. well, been a couple of days, and no new captions. so, time to move on. looking through the posted captions, it's a tough call, as usual. some real good ones here, and so different, too.

otoh, i've also noted that i seem to be the only one who looks at the pic and thinks in terms of the angel on the right shoulder and the devil on the left. then again, their expressions aren't particularly condusive to that idea. oh well.

back to picking a winner. too many good ones! well, no such thing, really, but it does make it hard on me. i think, tho, that i'm going to have to go with the one that came right out of the blue (both the caption and the poster, come to think). it doesn't really make sense, but that's part of the fun.

Superman just wasn't powerful enough to defeat Ymir, the frost giant. Triple heat vision was needed to melt that much ice, and so the Man of Steel called for help from Ultra Woman and... Bikini Girl!
rotflol

you're up, phil!

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Phil?

Phil?

PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!

AnnaBtG. laugh

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Phil?
Phil?
PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!
My thought exactly...

Carole smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
well, it doesn't look like phil's going to be checking back, so i guess we should have someone else post the next pic. i tried to choose another winner, but ran up against some problems. basically, i liked too many of them, and i didn't want to insult any perfectly good captions by not choosing them twice. so, i picked out my favorites, then resorted to a nearby lucky canadian penny i randomly found on my desk last week. the penny has chosen...

rivka!

congratulations, rivka! you write good captions, and are loved by small bits of canadian currency.

Paul

p.s. for those wondering, i keep a canadian nickel in my walled because i think they're cool (they actually still have a noticible nickel content, as opposed to american nickels), and i have a vague memory of some well-meaning family member finding a penny from our last trip to canada, remembering that i liked canadian coins, and giving it to me. i put it on my desk, where it was promptly lost for some length of time, only to resurface in time to help with my caption dilemma.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
EEP! I knew there was some reason I needed to check here before I headed offline for the next 30 hours or so.

Arg, finding a picture. Eenie, meenie, minie-- how about this one?

[Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
It's way past midnight and I got inspired. Please, don't shoot.

---

Perry: Of course, I was a very good friend of Elvis. I was by his side when he died.
Jimmy: Be careful, Chief... the man you're talking to was Elvis's doctor!

---

Perry: Don't I look gorgeous? Alice will be thrilled to see me after spending so much time away from me.
Jimmy: Hmm, not so sure, Chief... I saw her holding a handgun.

---

Perry: And then, I caught the lion and... Jimmy? Jimmy? Aren't you listening to me?
Jimmy: Sorry, Chief... Who's the hot blonde over there?

---

Perry: Well, I don't wanna brag, but after our fight Harry couldn't walk for a month.
Jimmy: Harry? Wait, wasn't he the one who kicked your...
Perry: One more word, Jimmy, and you're fired.

---

AnnaBtG.

Merriwether
Merriwether
huh Ok, so it wasn't a great picture. Anna did a pretty good job with it, at least! I especially liked
Perry: Well, I don't wanna brag, but after our fight Harry couldn't walk for a month.
Jimmy: Harry? Wait, wasn't he the one who kicked your...
Perry: One more word, Jimmy, and you're fired.
Anna, you're up!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hmm... I don't know if I should be flattered laugh

Anyway, try this image:

[Linked Image]

Have fun!
AnnaBtG.

Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
"Clark! When I said I needed to blow-dry my hair, it was NOT a suggestion that you do it for me!"

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
"Well, yes, you see, I suppose it was a dangerous situation, being held captive by six large men with guns, but an intrepid reporter like me doesn't let things like that intimidate her! All I had to do was wait until they had me surrounded and then I flipped my hair like *this* and one went down. And then I flipped my hair again, and another one went down! And I flipped and I flipped and pretty soon, they were all unconscious and I could just walk out and call Henderson. Really, Perry, I don't know why you think I should have called for Superman ... I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Clark! I knew our kids would likely have super-powers, but I didn't count on a newborn being able to blow my hair to oblivion when he sneezed!"

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois: Kids! No playing 'Hurricane' in the house! That is an outside game!!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"no! i won't let you hurt the ficus, nor! you can huff and you can puff, but if you want to blow that tree down, you'll have to go through me!"

---

"i heard that back in smallville your old girlfriend, lana, used to flip her hair a lot. i'm told guys find it sexy. do you like it when i do this?"

---

"...so the cop pulled me over for obstructing traffic! i said the signs i'd passed all said 1, and that's why i'd been going so slowly. he told me it was just the route number, not the speed limit. then he asked if i was okay. i guess i was a bit tired, but otherwise i was fine. well, that and having just come off route 195..."

---

"you're excused, clark."

---

"okay, that's it! no more spin changes in the living room!"

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
LOL, many good lines here. Difficult choice...
I'll go for this one:

"no! i won't let you hurt the ficus, nor! you can huff and you can puff, but if you want to blow that tree down, you'll have to go through me!"
LOL! rotflol Paul, you're next!

AnnaBtG.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey, thanks! glad you liked it. smile not quite sure what kind of tree that is in the background, but you can never go wrong with a ficus reference. wink

so, new pic...

let's see what you guys make of this one:

[Linked Image]

Paul

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"...To die, to sleep;
To Sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause..."

~•~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard