Next Thread
Print Thread
#17524 11/21/04 12:28 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help Did Luthor said something about the Planet? eek

“I called our family doctor while you were in the bath,” Clark said as Lois ate. “I know you said you didn’t want to go to a hospital, but I’d really feel an awful lot better if Dr Klein looked you over.”

He was prepared for an argument, and for a moment the annoyed expression on Lois’s face told him that he was going to get one. But then she blinked. “Dr Klein? From Star Labs?”

“Star Labs in Metropolis?” Clark shook his head.

“No, honey - Dr Jill Klein is our family doctor,” his mom said.
confused Is this a coincidence that they both call Dr. Klein?

I’ll run that blood test to see if you’re right about being doped, though, and I’ll get back to you later with the results.
thumbsup Good thinking.

“Anyway, now that I know that you’re okay, want to tell me why your husband tried to kill you?”
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#17525 11/21/04 12:48 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another great one in the works Wendy, I can tell. Post soon.

doublel

#17526 11/21/04 01:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So I see, Wendy, that you took Tank's advice about the cold water in Lake Superior in the sumemr! Nice the way you fit all that into the story...smooth, very smooth!

Love Lois at the Kents with a Dr. Klein. Nice touch!

Can't wait for post 5...the sage of why Lex tried to kill her

(Lex, I want a divorce...I don't love you!)

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#17527 11/21/04 01:49 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You *would* make us wait for the next part until Lois tells Clark why Lex tried to kill her, huh? Cruelty. *sniffle*

Anyway, it's nice seeing Martha and Jonathan and their protectiveness of Clark and his secret. And it's hilarious that you named the doctor Jill! But, seriously, Wendy, we need to know more about happened! Post the next part, now!

#17528 11/21/04 03:28 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
"...would you like to tell me why your husband tried to kill you?"

Yeah, what about that?

Tank (who figures that Lois is going to want to spend some time 'undercover' so to speak, which means a disguise, which means... does he have to say it)

#17529 11/21/04 05:15 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I like the way things are done in the country! If only it were really that way. Sigh... good chapter though Wendy. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#17530 11/21/04 07:49 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, yes-- pay no attention to all of us gentle readers peering over Clark's shoulder-- just tell him why Lex tried to kill you! (And how he did it?)

I'm glad you posted this; I was hoping you would! You addressed all of the things I was wondering about, re Lois' recovery. I think your giving Lois that branch to drape over (...Or is that over which to drape? It's way past my bedtime.) kept her from serious side effects (such as death goofy ). And is it just a coincidence, or is Jill Klein related to our Doc Klein? /me wonders if she has a LabRat, too? goofy

Hmmm... I'm looking forward to seeing these two work together to solve Lois' problem (Lex!). It should be fun watching Lois integrate all of Clark's talents into their investigation right from the start.

~Toc (who is wondering how in the world Wendy keeps all of the details, characters, and situations organized so well when she is posting two very different stories at the same time. *boggled mind*

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#17531 11/21/04 09:28 PM
Kerth
Kerth
“Dr Klein? From Star Labs?”

“Star Labs in Metropolis?” Clark shook his head.

“No, honey - Dr Jill Klein is our family doctor,” his mom said.
hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#17532 11/23/04 04:57 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois needs to open up and tell them what's going on. Clark can help you girl!

LOL about another Doc Klein!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#17533 11/24/04 08:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to see you guys are still following this. smile And that my quick fix in response to Tank's comments a few sections ago seemed to be okay. goofy

Now, several of you have asked about one character in this section...

is it just a coincidence, or is Jill Klein related to our Doc Klein? /me wonders if she has a LabRat, too?
LOL! Well, as Sarah knows, my Dr Klein in this section is actually a tribute to our very own Dr Jill, whose surname really does happen to be Klein. goofy Jill was a huge help to me in relation to some of the medical details in this story, though naturally all errors remain entirely my fault. wink And she very kindly allowed me to cameo her here in this instalment.

And I see that there's just one question on everyone's mind...

"...would you like to tell me why your husband tried to kill you?"

Yeah, what about that?
You *would* make us wait for the next part until Lois tells Clark why Lex tried to kill her, huh? Cruelty. *sniffle*
I want to know what happen?
Can't wait for post 5...the sage of why Lex tried to kill her
just tell him why Lex tried to kill you! (And how he did it?)
Well... I'm afraid that you're going to be disappointed, guys. You won't find out in the next part either. Sorry! goofy

Thanks again, all of you - part 5 coming up shortly.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#17534 11/27/04 04:53 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, once he’d had a chance to talk to Lois and assure himself that he had nothing to worry about.
Uh oh. wink

“Adopted.” She nodded. “Yeah, that makes some kind of sense. You’re going to have to tell me just who or what you are, you know, Clark... Kent?”
LOL! That's cute!!

She raised an eyebrow. “You told me enough about yourself that you would’ve been really easy to trace. In fact, I had every intention of finding you.”

He stopped what he was doing to turn and stare at her. “You did?”

“Yeah.” She blushed,
Awww!!!!! Yay!

“Yeah, I know,” he told her with a grin. “Downstairs. Now.”
LOL! Awww!!! smile

Clark winced, having heard footsteps just as his father began to speak. Sure enough, Lois’s voice came from the open doorway.
Eeep!!

As his mom piled Lois’s plate high, she said, concerned, “I’m sure you want to call your husband, honey. He must be frantic about you! In fact, not that we’re not delighted to meet you, I’m surprised that Clark didn’t take you straight to him.”
How did Martha know she was married? Oh wait... Clark's told them a lot about her. Interesting that that would be part of what he'd say. smile

“I called our family doctor while you were in the bath,” Clark said as Lois ate. “I know you said you didn’t want to go to a hospital, but I’d really feel an awful lot better if Dr Klein looked you over.”
Wasn't sure whether to goofy )

EDIT: So... yeah I didn't mean to quote that twice... I fixed it. <g>

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard