Next Thread
Print Thread
#17347 11/17/04 12:31 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Great part, Wendy! He showed her. <g>

executed a somersault in mid-air and came to land beside her.
This line made me think of Peter Pan - I could just see Clark in green tights and a wooden sword doing somersaults in the air. laugh (/me tries to picture Lois as Tinkerbell)

&#8220;I didn't try to kill myself, Clark. Lex tried to kill me!&#8221;
Wow. eek I guess I saw it coming, because it was pretty obvious in the second part that she didn't try to fake her death - doing so by walking into a lake is usually not a good plan simply because then it wouldn't be fake. <g> I was leaning more towards thinking he scared her so much (maybe raped her?) that she tried to kill herself. Doesn't explaing the pills, though - she's not the type of person to kill herself and make it look like an accident. It was also pretty clear that the news report was false - Lois was threatened so many times already, that if she does die young it probably won't be like this. Um, I forget what my point was.

Oh, wait, yes laugh - I guess I wasn't too surprised Lex tried to kill her because there was forshadowing, but I expected her to try and avoid telling Clark. Maybe to deal with this herself - she's so independent. Although she doesn't have too may resources now, but I'm sure she'd find a way to get along.

Finally, she continued, her voice hoarse. &#8220;I've never taken sleeping pills. And, if you... think about it, it doesn't say a lot for Lex as a husband if... if his wife is prescribed sleeping pills right after the ho... honeymoon, does it?&#8221;
LOL. wildguy

He grinned. &#8220;It's hardly the only town with an unimaginative name. Did you know that there's a village in Ireland called Inch?&#8221;
LOL. Really? laugh What about Hicksville? I'm not sure where it is, but I think it's also somewhere in Ireland. And if you think about it, Kitchener is funny, too. <g>

She gave him a wry look. &#8220;You mean apart from staying alive? To sort out my personal life and get back into reporting.&#8221;
Aw... I feel so bad for her. Poor Lois. frown

Again, great part. I love this. Please sort it out soon!

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
This is great, Wendy! clap clap clap
This is one of the most unusual revelation I never read. Obviously this is the perfect situation for a carefree revelation: Lois is barely alive, nearly killed by her husband, all alone on a rock in the middle of a lake big as a sea, and the guy has just saved her life!
Probably if star reporter Lois Lane, with a notepad in an hand and a pen in the other in front of The Planet building, muttering about silly assignment, tells you "I'm doing a research: what is your favourite way for travel?", you don't go to say "Flying,but on my own steam", even if you are in love with her and think she likes you too.

I didn't try to kill myself, Clark. Lex tried to kill me!
YES! Finally the truth is out and all is right in the world! I like my characters on part (usually), and a Lex Luthor who's not trying to kill his wife sounds wrong, somehow.

Clark laughed, thinking at the same time that the woman he loved was remarkably resilient. In the past twenty-four hours, she'd had a man she barely knew almost kiss her and declare his love for her; she'd realised that her husband wanted to killed her; she'd survived attempted murder by drowning; almost died of hypothermia anyway; and she'd now discovered that a man could fly. She could barely speak for coughing. And yet she could sit there joking with him.
Well, this is our Lois: invulnerable. On the surface.

So we're going to have a Lois- Smallville meeting? I'm looking forward to it!

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Wendy. This is a very different take on things but so far I like it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah!!

He revealed himself to her; she's going to hide out so Lex thinks she's dead (maybe); Lois is going to meet MA and PA Kent; eventually they'll kiss!

Can't wait for the next part!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
It felt incredibly liberating to tell her. He felt free suddenly; freed from the burden of a secret he’d kept hidden his entire life. He’d actually told someone, and the sky hadn’t fallen in.
AWWWWWW!!!!

She followed him around, and he worried that she might be straining her neck the way she stared up at him. So he nosedived, executed a somersault in mid-air and came to land beside her.
Show off!! laugh

He’d told her the secret he’d spent all week trying to hide from her. In the end, he’d hidden it about as well as that other secret - the fact that he was in love with her. And yet, despite his fears and despite all his parents had warned him about, he didn’t regret it one bit.
Awwww!!

Lex Luthor, billionaire, philanthropist, employer, directly and indirectly, of at least half of Metropolis, friend of politicians and world leaders, Man of the Year four times running... he had tried to kill his wife?
/me throws a quarter into the jar...

“Just tell them the truth!” Clark protested, but then he halted.
Ah... that's our naive little Clark. *clink* *clink*

“Well, we’ll just have to prove he did it,” he told her decisively. “Which reminds me - you need to tell me exactly what he did. But not here - it’s way past time I got you somewhere safe and warm and where you can get a change of clothes.”
Smallville!! smile1

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,
I apologize but I have to start with a nitpick:
He saw her shiver again, and felt renewed impatience at her refusal to let her help him.
I think the last ‘her’ and ‘him’ need to be exchanged. wink

This was a great part, although I’m not really sure why Clark is so reluctant to reveal his other powers to Lois as she seemed to accept the flying very enthusiastically. I got the thing about the heat-vision and starting fires so I’m guessing there’s a back story there as Clark is a writer and could figure out a less extreme way of phrasing that.

Yeah, I to figured Lex tried to kill Lois but I’m really curios to find out why he would do that when they’ve only been married for what, a couple of months? Plus, Lois is not a reporter at the moment and while we all know she doesn’t love Lex and realized she may be falling for another man I just can’t seem to figure Lex motivation here. Yeah, I know, he’s a monster. But he’s usually a very sophisticated and calculated monster. I just have to insert the definitive Lex quote here:
It's always such an ambarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m really looking forward to finding out all these details. smile

I wonder how Lois and Clark are going to resolve this as Lois will have to stay in Smallville and Clark has not yet secured the position or resources to conduct an investigation into Lex’s affairs. I guess Lois could help him out with the resources bit – supply him with contacts and snitches – but I’d assume Lois’ ‘death’ would really hamper those relationships.

I’m really looking forward to Smallville – can’t wait to see Martha and Jonathan’s reactions to Clark just dropping down with a visitor. I also have a feeling that once both are over the shock they’ll be a great help in brain-storming about the plan of attack. wink

Looking forward to the next part,
Avia

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Kerth
Kerth
Expecting eagerly next part Wendy!! hyper

I'm curious why Lex tried to kill Lois, although I can't deny I have a theory laugh

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! This is superbly written. smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everything is right in the world cool - well, almost - Lex is a monster, Lois and Clark are together and in love each other [Linked Image] and Lois knows Clark's secret. Where we are going from now on?

I'm looking forward for the next part. Smallville is the perfect place to Lois hide of Lex. And to a kiss, too. [Linked Image]

Post soon, please! The sooner, the better. hyper

~Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lex is starting to worry me. As a control freak, it seemed uncharacteristic of him not to make sure Lois was indeed dead. All that obvious planning went for nought.But why kill(or in this case, try to kill) her?Controlling personalities are by nature, domineering. With her dead, what is the pleasure?
If Lex delegated the job to rid himself of Lois to others, it's time he hired better help.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Top Banana
Top Banana
He told her! Hooray! Lois was really calm about it too.

Now she has to get back in the game and take down Luthor!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
OMG, Lex tried to KILL her?!?! wave

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I knew Lex tried to kill her! Part of me *really* hopes it was because Lois told him she wanted a divorce--think what Clark would think when he heard that! smile I am surprised that Lex didn't succeed, though, or that he'd do something so... less than foolproof. Also that he'd actually do it himself. He always seems to cover his tracks so well. Hey, once Lex dies in a tragic pancake-cooking incident, can Lois and Clark marry and get to live on the island? Or at least keep it as a summer home?

Lois's coughing and choking seemed realistic--I remember getting frustrated in a Smallville episode when somebody who had been almost strangled started talking again normally a few minutes later. Although Clark's concern for Lois craning her neck seemed odd--don't we all look up into the sky often enough? Unless it's because she'd just been injured.

I'm so excited that Clark is taking her to Smallville! She can meet his parents while wearing dirty, stinking, wet clothes, which puts her on an excellent footing to start with. And, of course, they've figured out by this time that Clark is in love with her, so Martha's little hints in that direction should be fun. *grin* But, seriously, I love the Kents, and I look forward to Lois hiding out there. And unlike in versions of Lois and Clark where Lois and Clark are partners, since there's nothing to link Clark to Lois, there doesn't seem any reason Lex'd think to look there for her. smile Yay!

And Lois knowing about Clark's powers from the get-go should be... fun. Lots of fun. I look forward to the next part! Lois needs to spend some quality Clark-time recovering, then go prove that Lex tried to kill her!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That's what I was thinking, too-- she must have told Lex she wanted a divorce, and he decided that if she didn't want to be married to him, he could take care of that for her. goofy I was right, then-- Lex is a villian and he tried to kill her.

Pretty scary-- he forced her to drink something that was drugged, huh? Can you even imagine how scary that would be? She knew she didn't love him, and wanted to ask for a divorce, but had no reason at all to think that he'd react in such a way. No inkling at all. At most, she may have thought he'd be upset about it, if he loved her and wanted to stay married. So then he probably smiled that ruthless smile he can do (which she probably never saw before) and then drags her into the kitchen, etc., etc. I guess he walked her down to the water, huh-- stumbling, unsteady footsteps would back up the "fuzzy from sleeping pills" scenario nicely, wouldn't it? And his footprints, as I said earlier, could be the down-to-the-lake-and-back trail of the husband trying to find his wife. I guess if she was really out of it, he just tossed her in, huh? Although he'd have to get her out far enough so she wouldn't just get carried back into shore.

As to the rest of this section-- Wendy, this is just utterly charming!! I really liked the whole conversation, interspersed with Lois' continuing recovery (after a fashion). What a neat way to set up a revelation! No angst on Lois' part because he didn't trust her enough to tell her, led her on for months, etc., etc. No angst on Clark's part-- no Superman to compete with and no worry that she might print it. It was just fun, and funny, and charming! And that's our girl, isn't she-- a little honest, old-fashioned awe, but more toward the neat view than toward the impossible-but-gee-it's-really-true flying man. Actually, that's how I always thought Lois should have been written-- genuine awe but not so much hero-worship (although that would've diluted the whole "triangle build for two" setup, right?).

More! More! (Soon? grovel )

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
All right, I'm just really quickly flying by here. I'm trying my best to catch up - which is quite hard on dial-up and a two-month absence - and I'm quite enjoying this story.

For one thing, it is quite original. The whole triangle between Lois, Lex and Clark is excellent. At first you showed us a Lex that seemed to be threating Lois well, and then suddenly he's trying to murder her? There are two options here, I think. Either Lois told him she wanted a divorce or Lex found out Lois had been seeing another man on the beach. Both is possible too, of course. wink And while I was pretty sure Lois wasn't dead and Clark would find her in time, right now I haven't a clue how you're going to solve this - besides the happy ending that sure is to come after a long while of evil suffering. wink

Thanks for getting me hooked, and thus making sure I'm getting back into things so far away from home!

But you can post the next part now. <g>

Sas smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Thank you all again, very much indeed!! goofy It's much more of a North American name. The weird thing about Inch is that its name means exactly the same in Irish - an inse = inch. Many strange-sounding Irish place-names make perfect sense once you realise their Irish-language origin and translate them, but not that one. wink Take Dublin, for example, which is an Anglicisation of Dubh linn, or 'black pool' - referring to the Liffey river as it was when the Vikings invaded over 1000 years ago.

Anyway... back to the point. wink Sarah, I'm glad you found Lois's still-recovering behaviour convincing. Phew! As my BRs know, it took me a few tries to make that one better. wink

SJH, why wouldn't Lex make sure Lois was dead? Well, if you think about it, she should have been. I mean, she was drugged and in the lake. She was close to death when Clark found her. Okay, she was clinging to a branch, which was probably all that stopped her from drowning - but if Clark hadn't found her she'd have died from hypothermia very soon after. Why would Lex imagine that anyone would save her? Okay, a helicopter was out searching for her, but - as you saw - there really wasn't much of a search-and-rescue mission going on. And I'd hazard that he didn't raise the alarm for her disappearance until some time after he'd pushed her into the lake. wink Until he was pretty sure that she was long dead. thumbsup

Thank you all again very much, guys! Part 4 will be up soon. smile

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard