Beat Reporter
Irene, I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this story. goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Irene, you need to update your TOC. The search function for some reason doesn't work. I'm stuck on part 4.
cool
Artemis
O.K. I did a manual search and found all the parts except 5. Maybe it got eaten by one of the system failures. So you need to repost Part 5.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
part 5 exists. not sure why the TOC hasn't been updated, but for now i posted the relevant links in artemis' search function query topic, here.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was bored (plus procrastinating, but that's another story <g>), so I updated Irene's TOC for this one, since so many readers seem to be having trouble finding previous parts. smile

You should now be able to go straight to the TOC and find all parts to date.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
And here I thought *I* had updated the TOC! Thanks, Labby and Paul.

Sorry I've been missing in action for a few days. I've been quite ill this past week with a bad sinus infection. Thank you, researchers and scientists, for discovering antibiotics!!

Also, I've been working quite a few hours in my store, training, filling in as we're short-staffed, and to top things off, had to take my son to the emergency department at the hospital yesterday and sit for four hours waiting for an x-ray. (Hearing a snapping sound coming from a leg is NEVER a good thing. Thankfully, nothing is broken, but he has the worst case of shinsplints the doctor's seen in a while.)

To add insult to injury, I've been non-functional at home for a while - either not here, or too ill to do anything - and Doug invited his mother and stepfather for dinner today. ARGH! The house is a mess, the grocery shopping isn't done, and I just got up, but all I want is a nap!!

Sorry to vent, but I think it was necessary for the sake of my sanity!!!!

I'm a bit time-crunched so I'm not going to reply to the individual posts as I prefer to do. I'm going to say a huge 'thank-you' for all your feedback and encouragement and come back to this thread and reply to specific comments later.

Off to post part 8, head into my store to check on things, head to the grocery store, continue on, running away from home, never to be heard from again.... Just kidding, although some days I wish I weren't!

Irene
(Surely June's going to be a better month....)

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard