Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#168094 09/09/12 12:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What if Clark stayed in Smallville and became Sheriff instead of Rachel? He does have all those great abilities.

A big time reporter comes to town to investigate (something) and acts like just because she's from the big city she knows stuff the lowly Sheriff doesn't.

I know Female Hawk's "Time to Love" series starts out similar, but Clark's a reporter in that one. And in Artemis's "All the Daytime and the Nighttime" has Clark as an FBI agent, but it's set in Metropolis.

Have there been any stories where Clark's a Sheriff in Smallville?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#168095 04/23/14 04:51 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
What if Clark stayed in Smallville and became Sheriff instead of Rachel? He does have all those great abilities.

A big time reporter comes to town to investigate (something) and acts like just because she's from the big city she knows stuff the lowly Sheriff doesn't.

I know Female Hawk's "Time to Love" series starts out similar, but Clark's a reporter in that one. And in Artemis's "All the Daytime and the Nighttime" has Clark as an FBI agent, but it's set in Metropolis.

Have there been any stories where Clark's a Sheriff in Smallville?
This does sound like it has some potential.

John Pack Lambert
#168096 04/24/14 02:56 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
This feels like shades of their soul's past lives! We never learn much about LuLu and the Lone Rider/Telegraph operator, except Jonathan and Martha are LuLu's parents. Not his name or anything other than his occupation as a telegraph operator and his super-persona, The Lone Rider.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#168097 04/24/14 05:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
This feels like shades of their soul's past lives! We never learn much about LuLu and the Lone Rider/Telegraph operator, except Jonathan and Martha are LuLu's parents. Not his name or anything other than his occupation as a telegraph operator and his super-persona, The Lone Rider.
It does, doesn't it? But I was thinking more modern day Clark Kent becomes Sheriff.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#168098 04/24/14 10:05 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Christina:
[b] This feels like shades of their soul's past lives! We never learn much about LuLu and the Lone Rider/Telegraph operator, except Jonathan and Martha are LuLu's parents. Not his name or anything other than his occupation as a telegraph operator and his super-persona, The Lone Rider.
It does, doesn't it? But I was thinking more modern day Clark Kent becomes Sheriff. [/b]
I still think it's a neat concept. Not one I'm ready to write (too many pots on my writing stovetop) but I am all for someone taking it up if it hasn't already been done.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#168099 04/24/14 11:05 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'll add another head nod of agreement--this sounds like a really great idea! The fun of Clark being 'in charge' in Smallville, and Lois blazing into town...and...yeah--not really caring at all! It'd be priceless smile

Hope someone runs with it dance

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard