Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Wendy, Poor sad lois, I feel sorry for her. What a mess she is in. I am looking forward to seeing just how she is going to get out of her relationship with Lex and start one with Clark in only 2 more parts! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW, this is excellent! smile1 Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
A man who, if she'd actually got to know him for more than fifteen minutes, would probably have bored her rigid.
/me throws two cents in the jar...

To... what? Do something stupid? Break her marriage vows? No way!
Yes way!!! dance

He grinned at her as he sat, giving her a flash of white teeth - very clean but, unlike her husband's, not perfect. Clark's teeth hadn’t been capped to an inch of their life; they had some ragged edges and crookedness.
This is so...well..sweet! *sigh*

Today, he was wearing a blue cotton shirt, tucked into charcoal shorts. It struck her that his clothes were of better quality than yesterday.
<snicker> Hee hee...go Clark! wink

"You looked really unhappy. And I know it's none of my business. You don't even know me, and I don't know you - but I hated to think of you all alone and unhappy. So I had to come back." He glanced down at his lap as he finished his short speech, almost as if it embarrassed him to have said it.
AWWWWWW!!!!!

"Hey, that's a start!" Now he was being encouraging; the over-bright smile gave him away.
*SIGH*

And isn't it? a tiny voice taunted. You're not Lois Lane, investigative reporter, any more. You're not anything any more - you're just a billionaire's accessory, tucked away on a remote beach miles from anywhere, more than a thousand miles from Metropolis - a place where you were somebody. You call this having a life?
AWWWW!!! laugh

Lois shrugged. It really didn't matter if Smallville existed or not. It wasn't as if she was ever planning to go there.
That's worth fifty cents... /me throws two quarters into the jar...

In that moment, Lois yearned to be able to tell him everything. To ignore the consequences for her marriage and just tell Clark how she really felt. How alone she was. How she'd begun to question whether she'd really made the right choice. How scared she was that the man she'd married was little more than a stranger to her. How she was very sure that she didn’t love her husband... and that she had no idea what that meant for her marriage or her future.
Oh!!!! Poor Lois!! mecry

He stood, shading his eyes from the sun as he did so. "I'm not sure. A couple of days, maybe."
Hee hee...that's read: As long as you'll tolerate me around, Lois, because I think I fell in love with you at first sight. <g>

If she'd met Clark in Metropolis, say, when she'd still been at the Planet, she probably wouldn't have given him a second glance.
*clink, clink*...two more cents <g>

Maybe that solves one problem, but what are you going to do about your biggest problem? The fact that you don't love your husband?
Awwww!!! I really feel so bad for Lois here. mecry

Well, as Yvonne said, atmosphere! It's wonderful, Wendy! I can't wait to find out just *how* Lois solves her biggest problem. I'd say more, but my brain isn't really functioning too well right now. <g>

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
Another great part, Wendy! thumbsup
Married for only a month and already all alone for the week? So lonely to crave Clark's company even if
if she'd met Clark in Metropolis, say, when she'd still been at the Planet, she probably wouldn't have given him a second glance,
?
An husband who just told her what he wanted and would expect her to comply, and made her feel like a foolish, irrational, idiotic, spoilt baby?!
Lois, what have you done????
At this point, it's even not necessary that Luthor be a villain because she feel herself "justified" to leave him!

Simona smile

P.S. she's going to leave him, isn't she? Ok, I do know, I have to read next parts and find out to myself...

P.P.S. just a tiny correction from previous fdk to part 1:
Sira said, and it was echoed by some others:
I'm realizing I took for granted that Lex is the usual evil....
my name is Simona, not Sira (even if the idea to live in France for a while is very appealing! wink )

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
To Simona: You're right. It was certainly not me who said that... But who can you blaim? Names starting with Si and ending in a? wink

Wendy,

as has already been mentioned, it's a bit hard to believe you'll manage to wrap this up in two more chapters... On the other hand, I have no doubts concerning your capabilities! smile1

Sira - notworthy

Merriwether
Merriwether
party

Bang - right off from the start there was a description of something that I just loved.
It was just as well, Lois told herself later that night, sitting in the lounge of the beach house and gazing out the large picture window, watching the waves of the lake hit the shore, then roll back, then hit the shore again. Over and over, an endless cycle of advance, retreat, advance. Neither the lake nor the shore ever seemed to gain the advantage in the skirmish [...]
Such a sweetie! How is Lois going to stay sane?

I couldn't get the way you looked just before I left out of my head. And I had to come back - to find out if you were okay
Wow, how did you come up w/ this?

The two pairs of shoes, side by side, looked alarmingly intimate, Lois thought [...]
I couldn't live like this:

Lex would sic his lawyers onto any tabloid which tried to print some made-up scandal so fast they wouldn’t see it coming [...] Just the kind of thing a sleaze reporter would say in order to encourage confidences, Lois told herself [...] She was Lois Lane, now Mrs Lex Luthor. Information about her was highly saleable. Any tabloid, or even newspaper, in North America, if not the world, would pay big money to know that Lois Luthor was regretting her marriage.
Oh my gawd. I could never live like this:

They wouldn’t discuss it. Lex would tell her what he wanted, as he always did. And he would expect her to comply. He wouldn't shout or argue; that wasn't Lex's way. He would simply turn on her that expression he used sometimes, which suggested that she was really being rather foolish and irrational, and that he was being extremely patient with her, just waiting for her to come to her senses. That he was tolerating her idiocy, but he really wished that she would understand reality.
How you described that emotion/thing between Lex and Lois in such a short bit was great. Poor Lois.

I am eagery awaiting Lois and Clark's meeting.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help Maybe found out the truth about the Planet.

hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
After numerous attempts to read this, fighting with my computer-hijacking friend, <g> I finally did.

All I can say is awwwwww!!! Clark is so cute!!!!

And also, it's a step on Lois's part to finally realize and admit that she's unhappy with Lex. Now the next step needs to be taken, and admit she likes Clark. laugh Even if she only just met him. Technicalities... wink

Julie (who met Wendy today!!! smile1 )

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Now Lois is lying to herself, when she starts lying to Luthor, the gig is up.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've come in on this a bit late, so I'll comment on both parts 1 and 2 here.

When we visited my parents this past June (they live in Traverse City, MI), they took us up to the UP for the first time. We stayed in Paradise, right on the lake (it was paradise! wink ). We also visited Whitefish Point (and the museum), Taquamenon Falls (we gave blood! razz would be "nice" but not great. This man is used to hiding his crimes and is very practiced in his benevolent philanthropist role. He takes good care of all of his possessions-- why would he overtly abuse his wife physically, during lovemaking razz (or at any time, really)? She's just another possession to be displayed. It's not really even emotional abuse as much as it is a total disregard of her as a person.

I enjoyed the on-going "is-he-or-isn't-he-a-tabloid-reporter" thing you've got Lois thinking throughout both parts. Much of the natural sort of conversation a fellow journalist, one who doesn't know Lois but knows of her (and admires her work), can be misinterpreted as coming from an expose'-sort of angle.

Where the heck is HG Wells when you need him?! huh Here's Lois meeting Clark, her soulmate, too late!! Her soul does recognize him. She's drawn to him (and he to her). <sigh> And as several people point out, Lois isn't likely to be able to just divorce Lex with a blithe "see ya' later!". Lex is possessive-- like a child who doesn't want to share a toy. He's likely to put up at least some fuss (that's an understatement, isn't it?).

I wonder what sort of resolution this part of the trilogy will have in only two more parts? To be a trilogy, the story has to be able to stand alone... has to have at least some kind of ending. I suppose it's too much to ask that Lex have a terrible accident while he's off doing <insert nefarious here> business? devil

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Kerth
Kerth
I wonder how are you going to fix this mess W wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was reminded on IRC last night that it's about time I posted part 3. smile1 Laura said:
Poor sad lois, I feel sorry for her. What a mess she is in. I am looking forward to seeing just how she is going to get out of her relationship with Lex and start one with Clark in only 2 more parts!
and Sira echoed:
it's a bit hard to believe you'll manage to wrap this up in two more chapters...
/me points out again that this story is part 1 of a trilogy.. Don't expect everything to be resolved at the end of the next two sections! eek Janet puts it more realistically:

I wonder what sort of resolution this part of the trilogy will have in only two more parts? To be a trilogy, the story has to be able to stand alone... has to have at least some kind of ending. I suppose it's too much to ask that Lex have a terrible accident while he's off doing <insert nefarious here> business?
Well, yes, it probably is too much to ask. goofy As to whether this story can stand alone... well, you can be the judge of that when I've posted part 4!

Anyway, I have another guest due to arrive in the next few minutes, so I can't take as much time as I'd like to reply to you all in detail - not if I'm going to be able to post part 3! So, very quickly:

Laura: thank you for your continuing enthusiasm and feedback!

Tricia: thanks for always making me blush. blush

Sara: You always manage to pick out quotes and then add something cute or funny or evil, and make me laugh! Thank you!

Simona, I'm glad you can see what being married to Luthor seems to have done to Lois. frown And I'm sorry for confusing you with Sira!

Sira: thank you too! Glad you're still enjoying!

Roo, you make me blush too! And thank you for picking out the line about the waves - I was in so much doubt about leaving that in, because it seemed to be over-fanciful, even for Lois. <g>

Maria, you really do see Lex as a total and utter villain, don't you? On the other hand, he just might be... eek Wait and see!

Glad you got to read this in the end, Julie! I take it Margot finally gave in? <g> And THANK YOU for making the trip to LBP Airport.

SJH: Yup, Lois knows all about lying... I always thought that there were times when she didn't even know herself what the truth was.

Janet: wow. As always, you make me blush with your compliments and you make me think with your insightful feedback. I'm very interested by how many people actually know this stretch of lakeside which I've been describing, and I'm so glad that my writing is evocative of your memories. smile As for Lex - evil or not? - and what will happen from here on... read on. <g>

José: what if I don't fix it? devil

Part 3 very soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard