LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you enjoyed. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Steamy and silly, all in one story... Lois wasn't the only one with the giggles by the end of the story. And Martha! rotflol

They are just so cute...

But, but, how the heck could you leave it there???? You've missed out a slightly important bit, don't you think?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay!! You posted the gfic version! hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

This is just as hilarious on second read, Rat. Hilarious *and* romantic. You didn't lose any of the atmosphere after the conversion into PG 13. It's still powerfully sensual! notworthy

So, when are you posting SDB? Hmmm?

Kaethel smile (greedy!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
LabRat

WOW! WOW! smile1

Thanks for sharing this excellent story.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Rat!!!

I loved this!!!!!

In fact I had to read it more than once -- actually more than twice, well maybe even....

I needed a romantic day and this gave it to me.

Barb.

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I'm delighted you had fun with this one. smile

At the moment the Muse isn't inspired to write a sequel, Pam, but I guess you never know. wink

Thanks again!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hurray, a new gficced Labrat special! goofy
But, for goodness sake, there had to be *something* wrong with him.
Oh, there's plenty wrong with him, Lois. The word "lunkhead" springs instantly to mind.
how could anyone who still kept his favorite Snoopy blankie in the top drawer of his bureau be anything but a great big softie?
And Lois knows this how? goofy this one had me almost on my feet, cheering. YES! Yes, Lois, it's blind infatuation, and hurray for Clark for pointing this out to her! 'Course, Lois didn't take it too well, but you can't have everything.
"I mean, think about it - Superman, married, taking out the trash, changing diapers...it's...it's laughable really."

<Yeah...laughable....> Clark thought dismally. And Superman was a fool if he believed that he could get that simple wish come true.
Ow, ow, ow. Lois didn't mean it that way, but Clark sure understood it that way. And poor Clark. Poor Superman. Good thing they're one and the same, eh?

I think I'd better stop quoting, or I'm going to end up with half the fic here! Suffice it to say that I loved the conversation and all those little sharp, biting truths. Loved it when Lois had that little epiphany (not sure which one you meant for the title!) that she had the power to hurt Clark, too. And the ending was thoroughly satisfying. Gotta love Martha! laugh Mind you, I'm less than thrilled with the whole stupid "Clark waiting is a bigger revelation than CK=S" thing, but it's canon and I complained about that in Lonesome, too, so I'll just drop it. smile

There were a few phrases here and there that went over my personal PG-13 threshold, but I'll trust the archive GEs and their judgment for that.

Very small edit: "where you weren't like to be interrupted." Likely, I think?

One other thing I want to mention: Clark refers to Claude as "Rochert," and you expect the reader to know that Rochert is Claude. But aside from those of us who remember the name from Burnout, a few readers might be jerked out of the story by wondering who "Rochert" might be, before discovering for themselves a few sentences down. Perhaps you could reference his last name before that conversation? Just a suggestion.

All in all, though... happy sigh. A Labrat fic, and one that I don't have to indefinitely postpone (like Masques, cough cough) because of its length. What more could we want?

...Oh, yeah, I know! MORE!

Hazel, who had to edit out any number of emoticons :rolleyes:

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Merriwether
Merriwether
Feedback, try #2. (The ficus ate my post! wink )

I really, really apreciated this story. It was precisely what I needed to take my mind off the test I have coming up... Thank you!!! Anyway, here goes.

<waffy sigh> oh, my... oh, my... <sigh>

Ok, the parts I particularly liked:
Deep and somnambulant and somber. Weighted and old.
Ooh, alliterative and a lovely image.

Maybe those ties of his were a desperate cry for help. A struggle for the repressed rage inside him to work its way out. An unconscious pointer to the serial killer within.
laugh Too true!

Their conversation is great; if I try to pick out favorite lines, I'll have to post most of that section! laugh

Poor Lois: either Clark's love is a just a line -- or it's something too terrifying to contemplate! frown

"Clark, it wasn't Superman I wanted to kiss me. It wasn't Superman I had so much fun with at the festival, who won me that cute bear, who shared warm milk and chocolate with me and made me feel...feel...safe and...and it wasn't Superman I was thinking of when we were..." She paused and then took a small breath before she continued, "It was you. It was all you, Clark. Just you."
Awwwwww. <waffy sigh> AWWWWWWWWW!

"Clark...?" she murmured sweetly.

"Yeah...?" His whisper was a breath of heat against her lips.

"You're talking."

"Well...yeah," he agreed.

"Again."

"Yeah, but - "

"Stop it."
laugh

All in all, a great fic! Thanks!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, Hazel and Rivka for your favourable comments and for letting me know what especially worked for you. Which, as it happens were some of my own favourites. smile Double thanks to you, Rivka, for posting them twice. <g>

And Lois knows this how?
I loved that you noted this one, Hazel, because no one else mentioned that Lois had obviously been rummaging through Clark's drawers <g> and I'd half expected someone to. wink

This really moved me. So many people choose to focus on the "I can't rescue anyone" aspect of Clark's loss of his powers, but this... This was just beautiful. It fits in so *well* with Clark's appreciation of the world and the people in it.
Thank you. It wasn't something I'd sat down and planned to include, it just worked its way in there as I went along, but I was very pleased with it when it did.

Now, this is where ongoing fanfic discussions can be distracting. I read this sentence and flashed on Elena. Rather confusing.
Funnily enough it did with me when I wrote it, too. rotflol

Mind you, I'm less than thrilled with the whole stupid "Clark waiting is a bigger revelation than CK=S" thing, but it's canon and I complained about that in Lonesome, too, so I'll just drop it.
LOL! Well, I'm content enough to put them in this order when it suits the current story, but I'll be equally happy to reverse the order if a future story demands it. wink

Glad that you enjoyed it, Hazel, and thanks for the headsup on those typos (my GE picked them up too wink ) and for the suggestion which I've incorporated - and just in time for it to go off to the Archive, too. smile

Wonderfully incoherent <g>.
Thanks, Rivka - I was proud of that one. <G> And for sharing all the other moments too - you made me smile with your comments and I'm very pleased it distracted you from your test. What better reason for writing could an author have? <G>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard