Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, everyone - I'll check these out.

Unless you were looking for just CK or LL vignettes.
No, not at all, Virginia. Musings from any character at all. I think there are even some - but the author and title escape me - where there are musings from inanimate objects, which would also fit my criteria. And definitely there are a few villains around. So doesn't just have to be Lois/Clark.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by LabRat:
I think there are even some - but the author and title escape me - where there are musings from inanimate objects, which would also fit my criteria.
Oh, I forgot about those. I posted three such vignettes on the MB. I grouped them together on the archive under the title 'Three Guess Who's Talking Challenge Responses.'

Joy,
Lynn

Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by LabRat:
Thanks, everyone - I'll check these out.

Unless you were looking for just CK or LL vignettes.
No, not at all, Virginia. Musings from any character at all. I think there are even some - but the author and title escape me - where there are musings from inanimate objects, which would also fit my criteria. And definitely there are a few villains around. So doesn't just have to be Lois/Clark.

LabRat smile
I thought Pam had one, but that was Battle of the Network Printers, which actually had dialogue. And there was that challenge a few years back, if I recall correctly, that wanted fics from inanimate objects. And, of course, the ficus fics. But heck if I can find them now.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I remember there was a fish, I think, and a coffee mug? They might not be as I recall them, but I'm fairly sure they were just introspection and nothing else.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
F
Kerth
Kerth
F

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Labby,

Just to clarify since I'm trolling the archives for these stories, are you looking for stories with primarily introspection or only introspection? Many of what I think of as introspective vignettes contain a little dialog or other action either at the very beginning or end or sprinkled sparsely throughout which gets the character thinking, IYKWIM. Are we ruling out anything that contains *any* dialog or action at all?

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's right, HG - no dialogue, no action, just thoughts. If it has a paragraph, say, of action, narrative or dialogue bracketing the thoughts or a line of dialogue at the end, perhaps, that would be on the borderline and could be included, but not much more than that, for my purposes.

It's actually amazing how many stories I remember as introspection which aren't - for my purposes at least. I was looking up a few I recalled last night - Anna's fish vignettes for two - and realised they had much more dialogue and narrative around them than I'd recalled.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, that's going to narrow down the list a lot. You'll definitely want to check the lists that I already gave you because, as you say, a lot of them have a little action or dialog to set the scene, as it were.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, in that case, EditorJax's 'Rain' wouldn't count, and neither would Anonpip's 'My Partner.' And of mine, the only ones that would qualify would be 'That's Who He Is,' and the five 'I Sense That I Love You' stories. The rest all have dialogue and even some action.

I'm not sure about Catharine Bruce's 'You're Here'; I actually don't think it got submitted to the archives because I couldn't find it when I went to look. I might have just read it on the boards, but I don't remember how much dialogue it had.

Sorry about that. blush

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I went through my stories to help you, LabRat. The only one that contains no dialogue or anything else even setting the scene, is Creative Writing . It's a composition, with the topic given at the top; I think it should count, though.

I was thinking of a few other stories too but I checked them and they have some dialogue/"action" in... I'll let you know if I remember anything else. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've now had a chance to add these into the datasheet and just wanted to thank everyone again for their responses. These were a tremendous help.

Thanks! sloppy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
If it's not too late....apparently I've written a lot of these.

Dreams, Legacy, Poet, Rain, Rapture.

Beauty has one sentence, making it borderline.

Moments has lovemaking, but is otherwise all introspection.

Hmmm.

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not at all too late and I should have thought of these right off the bat, of course! Some of the most beautiful examples of the genre. Thanks for reminding me.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard