Comments go here smile

Thanks so much!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! eek

Fantastic description of Clark thoughts as he discovered the ship and the globe!! thumbsup

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
eek She finally knows?! Hooray, really, she was going to find out sooner or later.

Great part

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Aria,

You have done a masterful job in describing Clark's thoughts and emotions as he finds his ship and globe.

I do hope Lois now knows the truth, and that Clark's collapse is due to a sliver of kryptonite falling out of that folder, though I'm afraid that Clark's earlier caution that they were walking into a trap might be the real reason for his 'attack'.

At least, Lois is with him and I'm sure that once she gets over her shock, she'll be there to help Clark.

I hope you don't keep us waiting too long for the next installment. My patience and my nerves are wearing very thin. wink

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, your descriptiveness continues to draw me deeper and deeper into the story. The way you portray their feelings in this very familiar story puts a totally different spin on it.

I hope Clark is OK and I'm glad Lois knows!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iā€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iā€™m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Diane! Excellent instalment!!

I've seen this particular scene written and adapted many times in fanfic, but I think this is the most powerful, the most emotional I've read. I can feel Clark's confusion, the sense of discovery combined with fear, as he looks around and feels himself pulled towards the spaceship. Really, really good.

And then those final three paragraphs... you really know how to create a cliffhanger, Diane! eek Lois knows? But what does she know? Has she worked it all out, or does she just now know that Clark has been hunted by Trask all his life? And what's happened to Clark? Has he just fainted, or is it more? Are they about to be thrown from a moving plane? shock

Oh, and has Clark fully recovered from the Kryptonite exposure in the last instalment?

More - and soon, please! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
More. Please! Now!

You had me riveted. Hanging on every word.

Superlative!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool He finally know who he is.

He glanced to the folder she had clenched in her white-knuckled hands. S. She had found the S's, he thought dully. Smallville, 1966. The folder, which she had held high next to her head like the spoils of war, drifted slowly to her side as her arm slackened, and she continued to stare. The contents, unchecked, fell from the folder and cascaded to the floor like an unruly deck of cards. Notes and observations of his life dribbled out around her feet. Photos. Everything. But he couldn't look away from Lois. And Lois was acting like she was a bird stuck in the glare of a cobra. It was as if either of them was incapable of blinking.

Oh God, he thought. She knows. She *really* knows.
eek Lets hope she is not that furious with him.

eek Lois had to find a way to turn Trask against of Thompson.

And that was when a white hot lance of agony, agony like he had never felt before, split him through the temples, bones, muscles, and nervous clusters he had never known existed, and sent him careening to the ground in a paroxysm of spasms. He didn't even feel himself hit the floor, only realizing, belated, that he was horizontal. A thunder fall of footsteps descended on him like a flock of gnats, but the pounding of his heart and blood in his ears seemed to overcome the intrusion, sending him into a dull state of curious, but pained lethargy. He couldn't think. Couldn't move. Everything was hurting. Things were a slow mash of blurred sensations. There was mumbling, faint, and distant, as though he were trying to hear through gobs of cotton, but by then, the throbbing waves of torment had eased into a dull buzz, and darkness wrapped around him like a cloak.
eek Kryptonite!

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment.

Nice introspection during oft covered territory. Good twist at the end. Lois is on to something, but exactly what, no one is sure yet.

Enter the bad guys, and a little present for Clark in the form of kryptonite.

Cliffhangers are good.

Tank (who is slowly getting caught up with his reading on the boards)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great instalment Diane! thumbsup
I'm catching up with your story, so only now I can tell you how much I appreciate this new approach of the beginning of the show!
I'm looking forward to know what exactly Lois has undestood about Clark and why he collapsed.
Please post as soon as possible,

Simona smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Diane

WOW, an excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Diane,

I have no idea how I missed this story, but miss it I did. I just spent the greater part of the afternoon, reading Parts 0 - 18, and all I can say is, WOW! thumbsup

You had me hooked right from the beginning. Specifically, from your description of Janice Forrester, clutching her shopping bags, "an island of inactivity in a sea of frantic bustle". thumbsup

Since I've just read all 19 chapters posted to date, there is *way* too much for me to detail each sentence that grabbed me. I did want to comment, however, on one thing in particular. That is Clark's "I know you will" at the end of Chapter 10. thumbsup

Of course, the one problem with reading all those chapters in rapid succession is that now I am spoiled. I want Part 19, and I want it now!! wink

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Diane, I just wanted to pop in to say that I am still following this fic now and then and enjoying what I see a lot. Unfortunately, I've lost the thread of the actual story, so I'm planning on waiting until the entire story is available - then I'll print it out and have a good and proper wallow. smile In fact, I wish you could finish it by next Friday, because then I could take it on my flight to Canada with me. <g>

Yvonne

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Diane!

I'm glad everyone liked this part as much as I did! smile1

Umm...I'm trying not to get nervous here...I hope you have things under control. smile

Sara (who's bitting her fingernails waiting for the next part!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

A
Aria Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Wow! I am so pleased with all this feedback smile Never expected to see so much. As for what Lois knows, you'll see in the part I'm about to post smile

Thanks again for all the kind words and encouragement!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard