Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And the next artist is Nigel St. John... with a solo wink

Probably Superman will save Lex smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. thumbsup Lois discover her father care.

frown Sam Lane doesn’t deserve to disappear in a witness program.

St John had been silent for several moments after that. Then, as the precinct came into sight below them, he'd said, "You may tell Inspector Henderson that I will be pleased to assist in his investigations."
confused Hope Nigel clear Sam.

And then he heard it. A long, high-pitched scream. It was a sound like an animal in distress, but he felt sure that the voice was human - a human being in intense pain.

He darted downwards. The scream came again, loud, uncontrollable, anguished.

There was someone in the club.
mad Damn ears.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well. Serves him right. Lex, I mean. razz Something tells me he's not getting outta there. I surprise myself by feeling kind of sorry for him, though - I guess I am a pushover. goofy

Last part! hyper

POSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOST!

Julie laugh

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOW!! That last part was really intense! Lex is so arrogant, so convinced that he's above everyone else, untouchable and answering to no one. It's never even crossed his mind that he, like all of us, can fall victim to an accident-- that none of us are guaranteed a long, healthy life. How very, very ironic-- that this man, who acts like some pagan god among men, expecting wealth and privilege as his right-- should find himself simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Very similar, really, to the fate of Labby's villains in "Shape of My Heart": were they apprehended? No. Were they punished? Well, yes... they drowned when their car slid off the bridge.

Even if Clark is able to save him now, he faces a hell on earth, worse than any legal punishment that could ever be inflicted upon him. If he survives, he faces excruciating pain as his skin tightens as scar tissue forms. Before that, he faces even worse pain as his burns are treated--the bandage changes, the soaks, the therapy. He faces the loss of his extremities-- ears, nose, fingers burned completely away, and unsalvagable by even the most talented of plastic surgeons. He faces the complete loss of his face, his looks, which for many of us is tied so irrevocably to our sense of who we are. He faces the mental anguish of the uncontrolled horror in the reactions of people seeing him for the first time, before they have time to school their features. If he's very lucky, he faces the loss of his sight, so that he can't see their reactions, and can't see himself. He faces the anguish of remembering what he had, and what he's lost. He faces the pity of those very same people, everyday ordinary mortals, that he used to look down upon.

I don't think that there is any punishment on the earth that could exceed what he faces now.

-------

Now, to switch gears abruptly:

"Put me down!" he'd yelped.

"I could," Clark had told him idly.
rotflol That was good! What an effective way to... er... convince Nigel to see the error of his ways...

And this:
"You may tell Inspector Henderson that I will be pleased to assist in his investigations."
Ah, the unflappable English Gentleman act... I can almost see him straightening his lapels (in mid flight lol ) and brushing a speck of lint off his sleeve...

I liked Henderson's interaction with Superman-- just about how someone of Henderson's caliber would probably really react: He's pleased to finally meet the Superhero, makes sure Clark knows how valuable an asset the police consider Superman to be, and reminds (without actually mentioning it) the superhero to try and avoid doing so much for the police that they become complacent. (A valid point, by the way--for most people, expecially those who serve in Police and Fire Departments everywhere, having a superhero to help out would probably just inspire them to do their jobs even better, make the world an even better place. But there are always those who look for the shortest, easiest route, and who are happy to be carried if they can find someone who will carry them. I imagine Henderson has people in his department like that. The Daily Planet does: look at Ralph!)

-------
You put this so eloquently and so thoughtfully, Janet, that I wonder why you're not writing yourself. You have such a great handle on the characters and a very articulate way of expressing yourself. Thank you again!
You are most welcome, and thank you for your compliment! I'm flattered that you think I could do what you guys do here so well. The thing is, I have a good handle on the characters because you, and Labby, and Mere, and Lynn, CC, Yvonne, Anna BtG, and all the others I haven't named, do such a great job of portraying them, in such believable ways. I read your stories and I just marvel at the wealth of ideas you guys explore. I can react to your work, but I don't think I can create anything remotely like your stories. My talent is more taking an idea and running with it, as opposed to conceiving an intriguing plot device or a new angle on one of the well-known stories. Sort of "always an FDK-er" and "never an FDK-ee", if you will... :p

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good stuff, good stuff.

Call me unChristian, but I think I'd like for Lex to be dead before Clark has the chance to save him -- just to spare Clark the dilemma. He'd obsess for days, poor boy. Probably will, either way, actually -- he's good at telling himself he could have done better, been faster, x-rayed the building, etc. Good thing he's got Lois to knock some sense into him. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A superb part! smile1 Please post it soon.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
I think Lex should survive just so they can treat his wounds. evil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back again for the penultimate time - and again, thank you very much for sticking with me for this painfully long story. Thank you, too, to those who are reading and nagging on IRC as opposed to here. goofy

Okay, a couple of things...

Janet, so glad you liked the Nigel scene! I can't take credit for that Nigel dialogue you quoted: I had something much more mundane, and my incredible BR, Yvonne, said, "But wouldn't Nigel be more likely to say it like this?" And, of course, she was right. wink

Maria, Sam isn't asking to enter the witness protection scheme; he just wants proper protection from the police and legal authorities in terms of whatever evidence he gives.

I see that in terms of RoastedLex there are two battling positions. In the red corner, we have Pam:

Call me unChristian, but I think I'd like for Lex to be dead before Clark has the chance to save him
And Maria doesn't want Clark to save him either:
Damn ears.
Janet, though, thinks that Lex getting out alive might be a far more fitting punishment:
Even if Clark is able to save him now, he faces a hell on earth, worse than any legal punishment that could ever be inflicted upon him. If he survives, he faces excruciating pain as his skin tightens as scar tissue forms. Before that, he faces even worse pain as his burns are treated--the bandage changes, the soaks, the therapy. He faces the loss of his extremities-- ears, nose, fingers burned completely away, and unsalvagable by even the most talented of plastic surgeons. He faces the complete loss of his face, his looks, which for many of us is tied so irrevocably to our sense of who we are. He faces the mental anguish of the uncontrolled horror in the reactions of people seeing him for the first time, before they have time to school their features. If he's very lucky, he faces the loss of his sight, so that he can't see their reactions, and can't see himself. He faces the anguish of remembering what he had, and what he's lost. He faces the pity of those very same people, everyday ordinary mortals, that he used to look down upon.

I don't think that there is any punishment on the earth that could exceed what he faces now.
I quoted all of this because you just made my jaw go evil

(Oh, and Janet: thank you too for your comments on Lex's arrogance laugh )

Thank you so much, you guys, for being faithful supporters and reassuring me that people are still reading this story. José, Maria, Julie, Janet, Pam, Tricia, Ethnica: hail

Final part in just a few minutes.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard