Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Roasted Lex for dinner? hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this is all good... though I wouldn't want to be Toni Taylor right now... or in Lex's toasty loafers, either! goofy

You've got the rest of this written, Wendy, why not go ahead and post it all? smile smile

PJ
who is wearing her best innocent expression and hiding a few lightning bolts behind her back...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Sweet! drool

"Yeah, work," Lois agreed. "Okay, I want to call my father again - he said last time that he'd see what else he could find out about Luthor and the robotic boxers, and he's had a couple of days, so that's long enough."
:rolleyes: Lois family is strange. They haven't show up to see if she needed something.

"Sure." He beckoned Lois to come closer. "It's Henderson," he murmured, covering the mouthpiece briefly.

"I called Perry White on what I know is a secure line. He said you and Lois were at your place. Anyway, I thought you’d like to know - the fingerprints on the knife match up to St John's. There's a warrant out for his arrest right now. Not that anyone can find him."

"It was St John," Clark murmured to Lois. "Sorry, Bill, just filling Lois in. But won't your... leak... cause a problem?"
eek Hope Superman find Nigel first.

He would get out of the club and, once back in his penthouse, put the necessary instructions in place to deal with Taylor. She and Nigel, in fact. That was an oversight. Given everything Nigel knew, he couldn’t afford to just fire him. Nigel would have to be removed - permanently. Once he got back home, he would have to make arrangements to ensure that those two little problems were dealt with.

Lex strode towards the door. And then he halted, his hand on the doorknob. He could smell smoke.
thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Yeah, I'm all for fried Luthor, too!! razz laugh
Looks like he's in serious trouble anyway, since he can't find that contract and since Nigel has done this foolish mugging. :rolleyes:

It's nice to see how L&C become ever more intimate and how they enjoy their newfound relationship. wave

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Hey Wendy smile1 Yay!! I'd probably pick out more lines from this whole little interlude, but wouldn't it be redundant to paste the whole thing? laugh

Lois Lane was changing. And it felt great.
Yeah...sigh...it does...oh wait! Said I wasn't going to quote anymore from that scene. blush

"But first," Clark added, "Tonight. Will you come to Smallville and have dinner with my folks? Or, if you prefer, I'll take you anywhere in the world you'd like to go."

Wow. Once again, Lois recognised that there were definite advantages to having Superman as her friend - her boyfriend. On top of everything she got with Clark, she had the flying too! She pondered the options briefly, then decided to go for what would please Clark most.
Awww!!!!! That is just really sweet...on Clark's part and Lois'. I like that Lois choses Smallville because it would please Clark. That seems very un-Lois at first, but who wouldn't want to see that man smile?! drool

And now he was talking about using Superman to break the law.
Awesome that you brought this up and even more awesome (sorry, my vocabulary is limited right now<g>) that Lois is the one to make him see reason, especially when we'd have expected her in the past to jump at the opportunity. Brings out new sides to both of them that were great to see. goofy

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, some more DBAS!! The only thing wrong with this section is that I found it 15 minutes before I had to leave for work... So I read it fast, one eye on the clock, plotting exactly when I absolutely HAD to be out the door in order to make it to work on time. Then I had to wait 8 WHOLE HOURS before I could read it again... oh, the trials we all have to bear! wink

Seriously, this was more of the stuff I like so much about your writing, good stories with intriguing plots, and super-believable characters (oops, sorry, an unintentional pun!). These bits were great:
I'm with the man I love and I'm happy.
On top of everything she got with Clark, she had the flying too! She pondered the options briefly, then decided to go for what would please Clark most.
Once Lois let go of her fears and embraced her feelings for Clark, and once she took the chance to tell him how she felt, there was just no looking back, was there? She's finally free to show Clark who she really is, no subterfuge and no walls, just as he's free to show her all of him. Very nice!! <big happy sigh>

And what a fascinating situation, where Clark is actually considering breaking his strict rules to put this criminal out of commission, and that Lois is the one who dissuades him. In so many stories, we see Lois happily embracing Clark's special abilities on the job, once she knows his secret-- but it's always innocent enhancement of what they're already doing. That is, he can see inside a building before they enter it, listen from far away, see in the dark-- all wonderful extras but none of it against that Superman moral code.

Yet you have to wonder: given how totally driven Lois is about the investigations, wouldn't she be tempted to cut those corners a bit? Cut 'em a bit too fine? I've always thought that once you cut that first corner, look the other way, it becomes easier and easier to do it again... and again... You echoed that belief in this section, Wendy. Clark very humanly wonders aloud about whether it would be a good idea, this one time; and Lois shows again why he's right about her by acting as his conscience. I'm saying this clumsily, but this is a very subtle example of exactly why Clark loves her so much, believes so strongly in her worth.

----

But I just don't know...there's a bit of evidence pointing to the contrary:

quote:
But what had the noise been? Footsteps? A door closing? No, it hadn't sounded like either of those. It had been more like a... a whooshing. Some sort of whooshing or rushing noise.
I thought that at first, too, Sara, that it was Superman... but he and Lois agreed that Superman couldn't go breaking and entering. Then I thought, oh, hey! maybe Clark saw Lex... but no, he wasn't looking for Lex; they need to get more dirt on Lex first, and apprehending him on a simple breaking and entering wouldn't get them anywhere. They need to catch him at or prove his involvement with cold blooded murder, or something similar. THEN I thought-- what if it's the Toasters? Don't they torch places using those flame thrower things (sorry to get so technical wink )? I'm wondering if those fire starter thingies go "whoosh"? How about it, Wendy, do they?? Maybe the Toasters hold a grudge against Toni Taylor; didn't they quit cooperating with her?

Hmmm... Pam says,
You've got the rest of this written, Wendy, why not go ahead and post it all
You know, this idea has a lot of merit... sooooo... how about it, Wendy?? goofy

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous! I finally found some time to catch up on the story this week. My brain's limited at this time of night, so I'll just say I look forward to the rest of it!

JD
goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, guys! goofy

Roasted Lex for dinner?
Lex's toasty loafers
Fried Luthor. Yes!
I'm all for fried Luthor, too!!
crispy Lex kebabs?
You are a bloodthirsty lot, aren't you? goofy

So... will Lex suffer a hot and fiery fate, or not? [Linked Image]

Sara suspects not:

He only *smells* smoke. We don't know at all how widespread the fire is. He doesn't *need* to die (as much as we'd all love for that to happen ) because L&C *and* Henderson have plenty of evidence against him.<snip>

That would be just like Clark, too. Save the bad guy so he can go behind bars.
On the other hand, Janet has a different theory:

I thought that at first, too, Sara, that it was Superman... but he and Lois agreed that Superman couldn't go breaking and entering. Then I thought, oh, hey! maybe Clark saw Lex... but no, he wasn't looking for Lex; they need to get more dirt on Lex first, and apprehending him on a simple breaking and entering wouldn't get them anywhere. They need to catch him at or prove his involvement with cold blooded murder, or something similar. THEN I thought-- what if it's the Toasters? Don't they torch places using those flame thrower things (sorry to get so technical )? I'm wondering if those fire starter thingies go "whoosh"? How about it, Wendy, do they??
LOL! All I'm going to say here is that one of you is right. As to which... no comment. RAFO! laugh

And, Janet, once more you made me blush Thank you for the wonderful compliments!

this was more of the stuff I like so much about your writing, good stories with intriguing plots, and super-believable characters
You're welcome to visit my feedback folder any time! Thank you!! hail And I'm particularly delighted that you picked this out as worthy of comment:

Yet you have to wonder: given how totally driven Lois is about the investigations, wouldn't she be tempted to cut those corners a bit? Cut 'em a bit too fine? I've always thought that once you cut that first corner, look the other way, it becomes easier and easier to do it again... and again... You echoed that belief in this section, Wendy. Clark very humanly wonders aloud about whether it would be a good idea, this one time; and Lois shows again why he's right about her by acting as his conscience. I'm saying this clumsily, but this is a very subtle example of exactly why Clark loves her so much, believes so strongly in her worth.
You put this so eloquently and so thoughtfully, Janet, that I wonder why you're not writing yourself. You have such a great handle on the characters and a very articulate way of expressing yourself. Thank you again! smile

Okay, part 26 coming up very soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

Another excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard