Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
quote:
I'm still trying to imagine Jason in a ski mask. But hey, there's a blizzard out there, he just might be wearing one over his hockey mask.

ROTFL, Karen! Can you tell I'm not a fan of those movies? Now...wondering whether to correct it or not. Maybe Lois isn't a fan either and this is just one of her confusions. <g>
I sincerely hope you DON'T fix that-- it added to the humor of the section. I'm sure it would be very funny even if you did fix the reference, but hey, with all that babbling, it works as it is.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, everyone, for such wonderful feedback. smile1

Sorry I haven't been back before this, but it's been a complete bear of a week so far, and haven't had time to sit down and properly think to do your comments proper justice. :p

Just wanted you to know that your thoughts have been truly appreciated. And I'll be back very soon to respond in more detail. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And...I'm back. Well, I'm glad that no one seems to have been disappointed. smile It hadn't occurred to me till late on that one of the disadvantages to posting this in chunks with time inbetween each segment was that the flow of the story would naturally send you all – or most of you <g> - in the opposite direction to the one I was intending to go. So I'd gotten just a smidgen concerned this was going to be an anti-climax for most of you. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it.

And, hey, you never know – I might just do that 'trapped in snowbound cabin and have wild night of passion' story at some point, all the same. <g> Maybe I haven't got all that snow out of my system yet. wink

The bad guys got kill?
Yup. Drowned. Which is the least they deserved. That'll teach them to mess with my Muse.

For some reason, your description of the dog in bed with Lois just had me laughing out loud.
smile1

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh hi Labby thumbsup I loved it

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, that's not stupid, MDL. I think that's the way many of us stretch our vocabulary. smile

Glad you had fun while learning. <g>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've read it slowly and carefully more than a few times now. And I'm still just speechless. Absolutely clueless as to how to comment on this.

I waited because I wanted to say something smart here...in this spot right here...see? But I've got nothing besides pure, jaw-dropping awe for how beautiful this is, poetic, tender, fragile.

She had no idea why she let her hand drop. Why she turned her back on it instead and walked away. Why she left it there, glowing on the window. Perhaps, later, she'd examine that inexplicable choice. But not now.
In my mind Superman returns to fix the window and sees his valentine. But he doesn't rush back to her directly and say "guess what I saw?!" because it's just enough for him to know.

Like Lois already partly knows. Just as Clark does when he's upstairs watching her from the window. That space between knowing it and saying it. Captured so perfectly by your words, like the image on the window.

Man, Lab. Man, man, man...you just kill me with Your Absolute Awesomeness. I want you to go away and write something else immediately. I'm not kidding. None of this waiting a year between fics!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CC:

blush blush blush

Thank you! smile1

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
What a fabulous story, Labby. As always, your incredible talent awes me, and you did your usual marvelous job writing something that blends humor, passion, introspection, action, danger, and tenderness seamlessly. How do you DO that? wink

I'm glad you gave Cougar a home and devoted human; I could've visualized Clark acquiring a pet or taking him to Smallville if necessary (Lois, no way!) but this way was better. I also thought it hilarious that the warm body pressed up against Lois was Cougar and not Clark (speaking as someone who often finds my dog and two cats sleeping in between my husband and me :rolleyes: )!

I liked how Lois worked through her ambivalent feelings for Lex as she woke up, and loved her thought processes regarding how unexpected Lex's proposal was based on their relationship up to that point - this was something that always bothered me too and I'm glad you brought it up! I also LOVED that Clark worked through his feelings about Lois and how he came to the conclusion that he DID have a lot to offer her besides lonely dinners and an empty bed since he loves her. YES!! thumbsup And he figured that out himself without seeing what Lois had etched into the frost on the window (which was lovely, by the way).

Loved it, loved it, loved it. When's the next story going to appear? Tomorrow? How about today? wave

Vicki smile

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
Merriwether
Merriwether
When's the next story going to appear? Tomorrow? How about today?
hey..?..! YEAH!!! When? evil

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwww, Vicki, thanks for the lovely thoughts. I'm glad you had fun with this one.

(speaking as someone who often finds my dog and two cats sleeping in between my husband and me )!
laugh Tell me about it! Homer usually sneaks up onto our bed around 6am and gradually worms his way up to stretched out full length in the middle of the bed (most usually on his back with all four legs in the air). We wake up two hours later teetering on the edges of the bed, freezing, with no covers. And then he looks at you like, "What?".

As for the next story...er...um...well, considering that the two I want to get started on finishing - Second Degree Burns and Eye Of The Storm - are both er...epics...not any time soon would be the answer there! I've got about half of them done, but there's a heck of a lot of writing and plot workout still to be done on them. wink

Thank you both, Vicki and Roo, for the interest and the nag though. goofy I'm sure the Muse is listening. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
LabRat

Sorry I'm so late here.

Thank you for an absolutely amazing story. smile1 I love it.

Tricia cool

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, Cougar originally got in there as the result of a challenge Jeff Brogden posted a long time back. Where he posted a set of items and wanted a story containing all of them. One of which was 'old yellow labrador'.
Oooops! No, it wasn't. <g> Apologies to Jeff (whose challenge that wasn't) and to James (whose challenge that actually was).

They say the memory's the first to go, you know.

Tricia!! You can be late all you like. <g> Thanks for taking the time to comment - much appreciated. smile

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard